“A Big thank you” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Santry, Ireland
“A Big thank you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here on 29/10/11.
Apart from 2 small things wrong in the room (see photos) it was a good experience overall.
On my arrival at 2.30pm I was not feeling too good so I went for a short sleep. When I awoke some 2 hours later I was really in a bad way. I had to call reception who in turn arranged for a doctor to come & see me. When the Doctor called and saw to me I wanted to pay him but alas I had no cash only a credit card and the doctor could not take a card from me so the girl on reception paid him cash and then I paid the hotel.
The big thank you goes to the late evening/night staff for looking after me throughout the night, making sure i was OK & bringing some food up to me.

Room Tip: All rooms are a good size
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark17300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Firstly we had got this hotel through a citydeal, when we called to book a room we were told the hotel was fully booked for the next 2 and a half months. As we thought this was very unusual we decided to call back as a regular customer not mentioning the city deal voucher and was told there was plenty of availability. When the day came to stay in the hotel we arrived to the room to find we had a lovely view of industrial bins directly outside our window. Also there was a function going on below us until early hours of the morning which resulted with music blaring until late in the night. The toilet seat was broken and also the shower screen which meant the floor was soaking wet when the shower was used.Above the headboard of the bed the dust was an inch thick and litrally fell on our heads as we were lying down in bed that night.Would never go back!

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the pictures.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rachel85365
colinkettle, Front Office Manager at Kettles Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel regarding your stay with us.

As city deal vouchers are very popular and on the voucher it does say to book in advance, we have allocated a certain amount of rooms to sell per Friday and Saturday night with the city deal voucher.

With regards to the noise, unfortunately we do our best to place residents not attending the function to the furthest part of the hotel. I'm not too sure which night you stayed with us, but if you have had mentioned it to one of our reception staff I am sure that we would have done everything to move you to a quieter room. As I said I am not too sure what date you stayed so if you did try and move but couldn't due to the fact we were full I am sorry.

Again above response regarding the bins.

Thank you for pointing out about the headboard and bathroom issues and I will pass them onto Housekeeping and Maintenance.

Unfortunately most people leave it till they leave to lets us know about their stay with us.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate in calling me.
Again please accept my apologies that you didn't have the best stay with us

Regards
Keira O'Brien
long way from home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I arrived in Ireland in Dublin mid August 2011 and we drove clockwise throughout the country staying at over 10 different hotels. We stayed at 3 and 4 star hotels only, on August 27 due to Hurricane Irene our flight was rescheduled to Sept 1, 2011. I know a terrible thing, not only that the airlines paid for the room for the extra 5 days. On our way to the hotel we were worried that since we were not paying for this room, that we were going to be sent to a really bad dumpy hotel. Boy were we suprised. The rooms were HUGE and CLEAN. And the restaurant at the hotel is delicious! We tried 90% of the items on their menu, and they were all wonderful. The chef is talented.

Barbara at the front desk was wonderful, she helped us out every way possible. Very professional and personable was Barbara and the rest of the staff. The housekeepers were very polite and very thorough with their cleaning.

The room again was large for European standards. Our room had two beds with white down comforters, a separate area with a sofa (couch) and desk. My wife loved the bathroom the most, the largest in all of our trip. Very upto date and modern, with a shower and separate large tub.

When we return we are planning on staying there again.

Felix and Yvonne Camacho
Miami, Florida, United States

Room Tip: A room on the upper floor is great due to the wonderful breeze that comes through an open window at...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed here last night and had the worst night in a hotel ever. Our bedroom was right above a wedding and it felt like the party was in our room! We could hear the dj and karaoke word for word. Asked at 12.30 if we could move room but were told that the hotel was fully booked . My question is: why would a hotel put non wedding guests above the wedding reception??? If the hotel had any consideration for guests who want to sleep then they would place them in rooms away from the function area. It was an absolute joke. We would have left but we had paid in advance.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank LittleHooly
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Stayed here on the weekend, lovely hotel. Location is great too.Lots to do near by. Quite and more than comfy. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin . Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I booked Kettles hotel on the basis of a groupon deal. As I paid €49 for bed & breakfast with a bottle of wine included, I did not have many expectations. Not only was I pleasantly surprised, I was delighted. We were given a fabulous room; it was the biggest hotel room I ever stayed in.
The staff were really nice and genuinely friendly. You could not fault the reception, bar and restaurant staff. The breakfeast was delicious. I had a problem with my laptop and the receptionist advised me to bring it down to her and she would see if she could fix it. Myself and my husband had a great time and will definitely return to Kettles Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amce-7
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

My sister and I decided to book a hotel near the airort at the end of our trip to Ireland, so we could catch an early flight out the next morning. We made a great choice! Kettles exceeded our expectations in every way!

The place was immaculate from top to bottom. The rooms were well appointed and the beds were comfortable. Reception was great -- and very helpful. Deserving special mention were Kiera and Meghan at the reception desk and Sylvia, who was our waitress in the restaurant for both lunch and dinner. Overall service was excellent.

This was our best bargain in all of Ireland, insamuch as it cost us only 39 Euros a night for each of our rooms.

Everything went very smoothly from arrival to departure. We are happy to recommend this hotel and would definitely return again..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#4 of 7 in Swords

Been to Kettles Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!