Kettles Country House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$163
US$141
US$110
US$124
US$112
Orbitz.com
US$157
US$147
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport(Cloghran)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$168
US$157
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbridal suitegreat venue for a weddingbouncy castlenext morningportion sizesroast beefdublin airporttea coffeebar foodwould highly recommend this hotelclose to the airportlong flightfamily roomcommunioncarveryireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I would often have breakfast or lunch in Kettles so this time decided to try their A La Carte menu.
I was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and we were given menus straight away. There were two of us, we ordered Beef and Guinness pie and slow roasted Ribs. The pie came served with mash potatoes and a tiny glass of Guinness. The Ribs were served on a board garnished with a salad and corn on the cob. Both meals were delicious but very filling so no room for Dessert. There is a very good choice on both the Early Bird and the A La Carte menu.
The only gripe was in my opinion the tables in the section set up as a restaurant should be properly laid out. I did not like knives and forks put in the middle of the table wrapped in paper napkins. It is however a minor thing and we both enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I would never stay in this hotel again to be honest, I felt I must give a review , we had purchased a groupon one night deal incl bnb, on check in the receptionist seemed pissed off, she never told us were the bar was .. Where the restaurant was or what time breakfast was at etc, all we were told was how to get to our room. The room we were in was number 212 it was tiny and cold with a door joining to the room next door so we could here another couple fighting for hours! The bed had a big dip in the centre and both are backs were sore by the morning! Check out was unprofessional and cold , would not stay here again !

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kettle C, Manager at Kettles Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Sarah,

Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was deeply disappointed to hear of your recent stay in our Hotel with a Groupon voucher.

Having looked into this further, the Hotel was fully committed on this night. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the Hotel, and the receptionist while you were checking in, and lack of information given, this would definitely not be the norm on check in procedures.

Also, that you could not sleep on the night with the nearby disturbances, and of sleep being disturbed by the bed. Thank you on your comments about this, and from this it has been looked at.

If you could contact me personally at the Hotel, I would like to discuss this with you.

Kindest Regards,
Barbara Poynton,
Management.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We arrived on Thursday 11th July on a Groupon deal for 2 night, breakfast and welcome drink included. Check-in was efficiently and friendly. On entering the room we were pleasanrly surprised that it was reasonably spacious. The only gripe was not enough space for clothes storage. Air conditioning in the room was not working and as the weather at the time of staying was almost tropical like. Everything else though was spot on.
The bar staff were friendly and efficient as were the breakfast stagff too. Breakfasts were fine and while no fresh fruit was available and choice limited the cooked breakfasts were a good standard. If fried potatoes or anything else is not your scene just simply tell the staff what you don't want. Coffee was good and plentiful.
We ate in the restaurant on our second night and Bob the manager or waiter was a very friendly guy and knew the food inside out. Mrs had chicken wings and I heard no complaints and I had the nachos. For mains I had the ribeye steak and this was served with rosemary potatoes with a choice also of three sides! The french fried onions were fantastic. The steak was cooked medium as ribeye should be and was delicious. My better 'alf had the pan fried cod and it was a good sized portion. Her that must be listened to at all costs gave the cod the thumbs up. I didn't have dessert but an apple and rhubarb crumbled was ordered and I was allowed a taste. Perfect!
The hotel is in a rural setting but close to Swords town and Dublin is not far off. A great little hotel with the very odd small issue but definitely great value and an excellent staff team. Will pay a visit again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is the second time we have stayed in Kettles, We got married there in January 2013 and when planning a birthday party for my sister could not think of anywhere better. We had dinner in the upstairs restaurant on Friday the steaks were superb. My sister stayed in the bridal suite which is a beautiful room, we stayed in 206 which is a huge room. Kettles is a home from home for us. We found all the staff very friendly and they could not do enough for us. Needless to say the party went with a swing. Can't wait to return for another visit

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just returned from a weekend break in Kettles. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel really welcome. Our room was really spacious and very well decorated. On the Friday night we ate in the Steak House (upstairs), 3 delicious courses for 20 Euro, great value, then we went downstairs to the bar for a few drinks and to listen to the music (70's 80's if if remember correctly). It was a great night. Breakfast was served up until 11.30am which is fantastic if you want a lie in and it was really nice. On the Saturday night we ate downstairs in the bar and it was good as well (but i preferred the food upstairs if i am being honest). Saturday night entertainment was music from the 90's.

We are travelling from Dublin airport on holiday in August and have booked to stay the night before. We are keeping our car in the Kettles hotel car park for the duration of our trip and only have to pay for your room, no extra charge for car parking which is brilliant.

Thanks to everyone at Kettles for a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you in August from Sharon & Ian McClintock

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room (No. 107) and it was spacious with plenty of light coming in from the 3 windows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple