The 44
US$122
US$117
US$134
Priceline
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport(Cloghran)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$136
US$167
US$161
Radisson Blu
US$148
US$123
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmoking areashort breakdublin airporttwo nightslovely hotelguinnessbrianirelandluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for long weekend and found it to be reasonable. When we arrived and checked in, the staff brought us to our room. Slight problem with the door handle however they acknowleded and proceeded to fix.

Room was very very comfortable however a little on the small side. Bed was very comfy, only negative which I pointed out when I checked out was the duvet was a heavy winter duvet and in May it just was too much and when I asked for alternative it wasn't available.

Already booked to stay here again in August :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I'm very surprised by the negative reviews here. I have stayed at The 44 several times and enjoyed myself without any problems. I loved the rooms (especially the bathrooms!) and the very comfortable, pleasant bar with very nice food and a lovely atmosphere. Yes, noise can be an issue at night but nothing outrageous. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I have stayed in a few different rooms and was equally happy with them all. Two rooms have balconies and these might be useful for smokers.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Grainne_262
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room and bathroom appeared to be fairly recently renovated. Had a pleasant view through the window. Bathroom was quite big and spotlessly clean. Room itself was also spotlessly clean.
WiFi in room was unreliable. There was some loud noise from some noisy guests in the hall in the middle of the night - so the room is not very soundproof to internal building noise. The noise from the hall is of course not really the fault of the hotel itself, but just something to be aware of - I notice a few other reviewers have mentioned it too. It did not go all night, just some very loud conversation and door banging for 5mins or so which happened a couple of times during the night.

But nice room, good service and good value mean that we would stay again.

Oh, check out the little cafe in the arcade across the road. It's the first on the left - cooked an AMAZING breakfast!

For somewhere so close to the capital city and airport, its a nice enough area to go for a stroll or a run too, both of which we did during our stay. The nearby castle and its grounds are good to stroll around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have probably stayed at 500+ hotels in a lifetime of business and family travel. I have not stayed at a place worse than this. Noisy, doors banging all night below room. Urchins running up and down the fire escape outside the room. Filthy carpet in hall. No security as there is no staff on after closing time. Not safe for solo female travelers

Room Tip: Chose somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Coffee C
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Some confusion checking in as it had to be done at the bar. There is a gated separate side entrance you can use once you're given your key. The room was so spacious and clean. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were lovely. The radiator was piping hot so the room was lovely and warm and you could adjust it easily and open windows. The smoking area was underneath so you are exposed to street noise. It's centrally located and we got free parking around the corner at a sister hotel. If you're looking to stay a night out in Swords you need not look anywhere else. I thought the staff were very helpful and chatty and the bar was bustling with a traditional live band there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple