“Recommend”
Review of Glenshandan Lodge

Glenshandan Lodge
Ranked #14 of 19 Swords B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Room Tip: Room No. 6. Two double bed and one single
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I arrived late in the evening to discover a mix up with my reservation, after waiting for over half an hour I was sent onto another guesthouse, it was not acceptable as a woman travelling by myself due to the unusual male owner , so I left. overall the lady of glenshandon lodge was very nice and tryied to accommodate me but her recommendation rather than trying to accommodate me in her premises was very unsatisfactory , not to mention I didnt receive my booking fee back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Siobhan O
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A nice family lodge. beautiful service even at night, we arrived late. Nice rooms, its quiet. Busstations to Dublin-City very near. Swords is a nice town near the Dublin Airport. Good breakfast service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently attended this B&B by somewhat of a fluke, I had booked a room for 4 in another place and we we're let down upon arrival, we were forced to scout around swords for a price friendly place to take my friends and I in for the night in such short notice, when we entered the Glenshandon which by the way was at 11:55pm the receptionist told us he had a room available for us at 25 Euro per person, needless to say after searching for over an hour around swords we were on cloud nine with this news, the receptionist brought us to our room and upon opening the room door I felt as thought I was walking through the pearly gates to heaven, the room was exceptionally clean and spacious and there was enough beds to accommodate at least 7 people, not to mention the architecture was second to none within the room, the view was also immaculate, we also had a kettle in our room which was amazing because us lads love our tea, we also had a table fit for 6 in the room so we were able to have our late night discussions in the comfort that we all had a seat, I would honestly compare my feelings of this B&B to how I felt on the day of my holy communion,The next morning we got up for breakfast and we fully expected the continental style breakfast consisting of rice crispies, bananas and OJ but upon pouring my coco pops into my already milky bowl,a member of staff approached me and said I could have a full breakfast for a mere 3 blips, needless to say I jumped at it! my college reading week is on in 2 weeks and I will be back to reap the rewards of the glenshandon, it is officially the place of all places, I love it, X

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ryanfionnkenny
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Glenshandan is the most nice and confortable place I've sleep here in UK. However, it's not a walkable distance to the city center, and taking taxis or buses everyday could be not nice.. Absolutely recommendable if you have a car, because of the free parking space and accessible roads

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josetomarquinez
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Really good place to stay with the family. Great rooms and service. Breakfast is not expensive and really abundant and delicious.
The staff is nice and helpful.
Not recommended for backpackers, because its not that close to the city center walking or by bus, and a taxi will be like €20.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cattita P
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have mixed feelings about this spot.The people were friendly, welcoming and informative. Our room was clean and adequate but really small. There was no view - I mean no view. I never could take a shower as the water was scalding hot or ice cold and never in between. However, the location is good with easy walking to good restaurants. The sitting area was very pleasant and we spend a few hours there just chilling and getting ready for travel. All in all I would stay there again but make sure I could get the shower working!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happytoretire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Abbeyglen Cottage B&B
Abbeyglen Cottage B&B
#2 of 19 in Swords

Been to Glenshandan Lodge? Share your experiences!