“Nice room, awful shower.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seamount House

Seamount House
Ranked #6 of 19 Swords B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice room, awful shower.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed here for three nights and it was quite nice. The room was small, but very comfortable and had lots of cupboard and shelf space, which was quite handy. It was very clean and looked like it had been recently redecorated.
We had a shared bathroom which, while clean and functional, had possibly the tiniest shower in existence. I could hardy turn around once in there, which made it very difficult to wash without banging elbows into walls and doors. The water pressure in the shower was also a problem. One jet came out so hard and fast it was painful!
The welcome was warm enough, and she didn't seem to mind waiting up for us to arrive from our late flight in, but when I asked the next morning if there was a phone I could use, she started going on about how expensive calls are (despite the fact that I'd already said I'd pay for the call) and made me feel really bad for asking. I didn't bring it up again and she never offered the phone.
The breakfast was nice, and we had a choice of continental or cooked breakfast.
The location is also good if you're planning on staying out that way. We were mostly visiting friends in Lusk and Skerries so it was very convenient for us. It's close to buses into town as well as being a short walk from Swords Pavilion shopping centre.
All in all, an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with an en suite and avoid that awful shower! (That said, the en suite showers may be the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Hi ! If looking for a B&B near Dublin airport , my one advise is to stay at Seamount house . You will get a nice welcome , nice atmosphere , and friendly helpful travel advise . During my stay last week the lady proprietor helped my find my way around , suggested things to see and do and was nice company as well . Would love to be back one day !

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We staid for two weeks and had a very nice and pleasant stay here. The whole family is very kind and helpful. We felt like home. A shopping center, the coast with a nice beach, the airport and the city are easy to reach by bus or by foot.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here only the other week and we loved it! A lovely b&b in a great location. Our bedroom was very comfy, we had a great nights sleep every night of our stay. The owner Elaine is a really friendly woman who went out of her way to help us in every way possible! We will be keeping in touch with her and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed April 2012
Vantaa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Travelled with my sister and her bf. The place was not too far from Swords and price ok. When we arrived the owner was not there and there was a guy who had fried something and the whole house was full of gray "smoke" and the smell was quite something. The room was ok, I just didn't care about the smell of grease the guy had made. I'm not sure if I would go there again, maybe if the other places were full. We saw the owner next morning and she was nice. I don't usually complain but I would say that to us this b&b was just ok.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katja_A_Suomi
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We went to Seamount House as a family to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday.
Elaine and Dermot were great hosts. Their B&B was a real home from home and we were made to feel very welcome.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, food wholesome and the price of the accomodation didn't break the bank.
Elaine would make a great tour guide as she is well schooled in where to go and what bus routes to take into the centre and surrounds of the fair city of Dublin.
We will surely be back for a return visit
Debbie & Steve,Stella,Tomand Rory England

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

It was mine and my husbands second visit to Dublin and stay at Seamount house B&B. Elaine and Dermot are excellent hosts and helpful advisors for this area. Their B&B is very clean, comfortable and the rooms are beautifully furnished. Also we found the breakfast very tasty! Couldn't ask for more and look forward to a return trip!

Room Tip: The large family room is very spacious, perfect for family bookings.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy_McGregor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#4 of 7 in Swords
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Seamount House? Share your experiences!