“Irish hospitality at its best!”
Review of Tirconaill B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swords
Tirconaill B&B
Ranked #1 of 19 Swords B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the fabulous Tirconaill B&B in Swords for one night on 23 May 2014 during a weekend of One Direction concerts in Croke Park - possibly not the best time to visit Dublin, but what a beautiful city and such a fantastic B&B!

I was supposed to stay at Tirconaill for two nights, but Ryanair at Ciampino Airport in Rome decided that I needed a visa for the Republic of Ireland (which I did not need) and caused me to miss my flight (note to South Africans: don't fly Ryanair or from Rome to Dublin). Patricia was exceptionally friendly and understanding during my crisis and managed to give the first night of my stay to someone else so that I did not have to pay for it.

When I arrived on the afternoon of the 23rd, Patricia greeted me with a big hug and was in many ways like my Irish mother for the brief time that I was there. She had been in constant contact with my dad in South Africa who was trying to sort out my dilemma.

Patricia helped me to bring my bags inside, sat me down with a big mug of coffee and biscuits, gave me a map of Dublin and helped me figure out which buses I would need to take into and out of the city centre. Patricia also arranged a taxi for me for 6am the following morning at a very reasonable 10eu. The staff at Tirconaill rushed to get my room ready so that I could check in straight away (which I did), even though I was early for check-in.

I stayed in room 3 which was absolutely gorgeous - two single beds done in stunning gold, silky covers with an enormous pile of pillows, tea and coffee facilities with biscuits (which I didn't find in many of the European countries that I stayed in this trip), a view out over the garden and an en suite bathroom with all of the fluffy white towels that a girl could possibly wish for.

After my evening in the city centre, Patricia greeted me as soon as I walked through the door with a take-away breakfast to have before my early-morning flight the next morning: yoghurt, a banana and a delicious ham sandwich. She asked me how I'd enjoyed my brief time in the city, asked about what I was doing (studying/working) and expressed concern at me travelling alone at my age (I'm 24). I really appreciated her mothering concern after the service I'd received from some companies in Rome.

Tirconaill was a fantastic place to stay for comfort, service, value and cleanliness, and easy to get into the city centre by bus. I highly recommend this accommodation and look forward to my next stay at Tirconaill.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Patricia is a lovely hostess and was very accommodating in providing special breakfasts and helping us get ready for a wedding we were attending. Beautiful house in a central location. We highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

ThCould ms were excellent and clean, fresh towels in the bathrooms and Patricia is great! A wonderful home-cooked breakfast in the morning and the B&B is in a great location just a short walk from shopping and dining places. Could not speak highly enough about the place or Patricia!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was a very cozy place to stay with great staff that made you feel like you lived there. The breakfasts were great as well. Close to the Airport and excellent location within Swords. It is also an easy and convenient bus away from Dublin.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my family's first trip to Ireland. Based on Trip Advisor reviews we booked at Tirconaill on-line. We rented a car at the airport. We anticipated a little trouble finding it, but followed the signs to Swords and saw a sign on the main street directing us there. Nothing could have been easier. One of our family members was arriving and leaving on different dates so we wanted easy access to the airport which Tirconaill provided. There is secure parking and for most of our stay there we didn't use the car at all. A few steps away is a bus stop we used to travel into Dublin 3 times. The bus ends on Abby St. in the heart of downtown. Two days we went on one of the tour buses which operate there and the last time we walked around on our own. When we were ready to return we took a bus back. The bus also stops at the airport so we actually could have avoided several days of car rental. We also enjoyed the village of Swords. Lots of nice pubs and restaurants are within easy walking distance and there is an indoor mall across the street from Tirconaill with other eating options. Best of all was Patricia. We stayed 3 days after we arrived in Ireland and 3 days before we left. We were treated like family from the moment we arrived. The Irish breakfast is great and she can provide lighter fare as well. She is very knowledgeable about what to see and do and provided tips on how to get around. The beds were comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms pristine. If you are traveling to Ireland and want a great place near the airport and convenient to Dublin, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The staff is very friendly.Ifelt at home.It is in the city center . Breakfast is satisfying . The room I stayed in was clean and cosy.The big shopping mall is very near.It is also very near to Dublin airport You can easly go to Malahide, Howth etc from Swords.

Room Tip: Upper rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was relocated to this guest house due to a double booking from just up the road but I am pleased I was. This was a very pleasant stay and extremely welcoming. The rooms were very clean and well equipped. The wi fi was excellent and the breakfast superb. About 200 yards away is a lovely bar serving good value food(Wrights). The price represented very good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo