“A hidden gem”
Review of Essence Bistro - CLOSED

Essence Bistro
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I have to admit I didn't expect anything more than a pleasant meal as I am aware a number of restaurants have passed through these premises in previous years. To start for me the service in a restaurant is just as important as the food. The staff are formal but friendly. It is clearly professional table service. This makes a nice change to part time student's fumbling with plates.
The food to my surprise was excellent. The menu is well put together and varied to suit every palate. I would pride myself on being accustomed to fine dining and would include essense in one of the best restaurants I have eaten in.
I have returned to this restaurant on three occassions and held a meal with 9 work colleagues all of whom commended me on my choice of restaurant. I thought it was a nice touch than the head chef approached our table at the end of the meal but at this stage we were well won over. I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2011

We were in this restaurant few times and every time food and service is perfect.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have been to this restaurant 3 times already and each time the food has been soo good especially the steak, which is delicious!! The menu is great and they cater for all tastes and palates from food to the wine!! The service also is excellent which makes it even more enjoyable :) With a mixture of excellent food and service you couldn't ask for more. I definitely recommend this restaurant....a little gem in Swords!!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

It was my first visit to Essence on Sat, I was looking forward to my meal as I had read a lot of very positive reviews. From the moment we arrived the services from the staff was excellent. There was a great choice on the menu definitely something for every palate. I started with goats cheese and mushroom tart which was divine my partner had the soup which he thoroughly enjoyed. We both went for the fillet steak and have to say it was the best stake I had in a long time, it was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. I had seen photos on FB and have to say it tasted every bit as good as the photos looked. Unfortunately was to full for dessert but they all sounded lovely. My first impressions were excellent, fantastic food at reasonable price, lovely cosy atmosphere, very pleasant décor and top class service. I will definitely be returning to Essence again.

Reviewed 29 November 2010

Food was lovely. Good value and also early-bird option. The rib-eye steak was unreal. Great having another option in swords. Check it out