“Excellent”
Review of Essence Bistro - CLOSED

Essence Bistro
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had our 40 th wedding anniversary meal here recently .The welcome from Roger was lovely.We were looked after very well .The food was fantastic. We certainly will be going back again

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I would like the owner/manager of Essence Bistro to take note of the following.

I am working in the service Industry for the past 20 years and I know how hard it is to get business in the door, but I must point out the following.

I was in you lovely premises a few days ago. I was served by a friendly, pleasant and most efficient waitress with dark hair. I think her name was Melinda/ Imelda ( not sure). The food was fantastic and like I said the sevice was superb.

I'm sorry to say how appalled I was by the behaviour of a senior member of staff towards this waitress. She spoke to the waitress in front of the customers in a very rude manner. I could only describe the staff member in question as very unprofessional.

Should you allow your Staff member to continue with this attitude, I firmly believe you will lose your customer.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

A really nice bistro with good ambiance over an early evening meal. This restaurant stands out for me for making an effort with their range in menu such that us vegetarians have a choice of dishes too when dining with meat-eating friends, which I find generally to be lacking in the hospitality trade in Ireland. Well done on menu and on the good balance in staff attentiveness, neither lacking in any way or overly intrusive.

1  Thank JacQCheshire
Reviewed 23 November 2013

A lovely dining experience, just a few minutes walk from our great B&B (Abbeyglen Cottage) - excellent menu selection, very nice presentation, and very good value. And service was excellent. My vegetarian friend had a wonderful choice of an entre' that was not your typical basic pasta with veggies - a beautiful, hearty dish fit for any carnivore as well! I had the fish special which was very good as well. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Tried Essence this week on a whim, hadn't been there before. We didn't book in advance and the place was booked out, but they managed to fit us in with a table in the ante-room.
An excellent menu, lots of choice and prices are reasonable. This is no 'freezer to microwave' place serving factory food, as is often the case with places like this. Instead, there is an excellent kitchen serving good food, cooked from scratch. It takes a little longer, but not much, and it's worth the wait.
On the way out I noticed that they have specials on certain nights, worth checking with the restaurant directly on these. They have a steak night with steaks for two at €40, and a seafood night with a similar offering. I can't remember on which particular nights these offers apply, but check with the restaurant.
Definitely worth a return visit, and soon.