“Nightmare, No customer service skills, dreadful food, 1 hour wait.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wrights Cafe Bar

Wrights Cafe Bar
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Swords
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ever since it opened its doors in 2001, the award-winning Wrights Cafe Bar has been acknowledged as the premier late night bar and live music entertainment venue, not just in Swords, but also on Dublin’s northside.A winner of such awards as the Black & White Scotch Whisky ‘National Super Pub of the Year’ and Best Licensed Premises, Wrights Cafe Bar combines luxury, style, colour and comfort to give an unmatched atmosphere that appeals to all tastes. Whether it’s a pleasant drink or appetising food or watching big sporting occasions on plasma screens, Wrights is geared to meet your needs.Wrights Cafe Bar is split into a number of separate areas and levels – an upper level lounge, with dramatic red and cream furniture, dark wood tables and chandeliers, gives a distinctive ‘bordello’ effect; then behind the bar, there’s a secluded lounge that overlooks an open-plan area below, complete with a purpose-built stage area that’s perfect for dancing to live music.It has established a regular clientele and and has proven an attraction to visitors from further afield, while it can also cater for parties and special functions, with areas specially reserved for larger groups.A superb selection of wines, spirits and beers from around the world, the finest champagnes, exciting cocktails and speciality coffees are always on offer while a wide diversity of food is served from 12 noon to 9.00pm daily. Lunch and evening menus and daily specials are just part of the service, with an Early Bird option available between 5pm and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Dublin
“Nightmare, No customer service skills, dreadful food, 1 hour wait.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a regular customer of Wrights and in the past year have been present when colleagues had to return their food but this was my first experience and I am just fuming at the way I was treated. Myself and my partner order food on St Patricks Day and were informed by the waitress that the food would be 20 minutes. I had no problem with the wait. 40 minutes later I asked for an update on my order and the waitress said it was on its way. After an hour still no food and I had to go find someone to inquire about my order. I was told yet again it was on its way. The food arrived on our table 1 hour and 20 minutes later. The Yorkshire pudding was a hard as a stone and the gravy had a thick layer on it. I refused to eat the food and went to The Pink Elephant in Swords. I went back to Wrights to inform the manager of my experience and the only response from him was what I believe was "okay" as he was extremely hard to understand because he spoke so low. As I mentioned before I have frequented Wrights for a number of years now and cannot see myself going back, if thats the way they treat their regulars .

1 Thank Mike_Dublin15
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Mike Dublin 15

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We apologies again for the wait time and point out that you were not charged for the beef that you weren’t happy with.

We served over 200 portions of the beef on the day. St Patricks Day is one of the busiest days of the year for us so it was unfortunate that your food was less that satisfactory.

We had 10 floor staff, 6 bar staff, 2 managers and auxiliary staff so I find it strange that you had to go and find someone, as there were plenty of staff on hand.

We pride ourselves on our excellent food and customer service, as you can see from all the reviews below.

We would like to apologies again for this.

Kind regards

Wrights Cafe Bar Team

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value steak deal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

my family and I visited wrights café bar in swords for my daughters birthday this evening after going to the cinema.
the food was great and the 10 euro steak meal has to be highly recommended. The deal includes onion rings, chips and pepper sauce, wrights is a great place to bring the kids and have a good kiddies menu and provide crayons and pictures to keep the little ones amused and the 2for1 cocktails on a Friday is an added bonus.

• Visited March 2014
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sam s

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar and thanks for choosing us to celebrate your daughters birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
“Best In Swords”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Fantastic customer service best around I would say! Excellent value great food, friendly atmosphere! Can't wait to go back. Highly recommended if you havn't been.

Dear G2509

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the service and food and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Really good food in best spot in swords”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Visited this week,found the place really good value nice busy atmosphere and food to be excellent.first time in swords for a night out and I have to say wrights cafe bar really didn't disappoint me I also found it to be the place where most cool and 20-30 something crowd socialise.i would definitely recommend it.

Dear Euryka

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Cafe Bar and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

PR & Marketing
“fabulous food,atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We are back here again in the Cafe Bar for some amazing food and service.As usual we always come back for the sirloin steak which is mouthwatering and great value for money. The staff are very friendly.There a wide range from the menu for all taste here .The cocktails are amazing also, I had the strawberry daiquiri which i always have was well presented by a friendly staff member.
I have to say anytime we do come here there always a Manager on duty in a white shirt and tie Gerry i think is his name i have to say your are running a great venue with great staff.

• Visited February 2014
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Garrymore

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We are delighted that you enjoy our sirloin steak and thank you for coming back for more.

Will be sure to pass the comments on to Jerry and all the staff.

See you again soon.