Review of Wrights Cafe Bar

Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Swords
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ever since it opened its doors in 2001, the award-winning Wrights Cafe Bar has been acknowledged as the premier late night bar and live music entertainment venue, not just in Swords, but also on Dublin’s northside.A winner of such awards as the Black & White Scotch Whisky ‘National Super Pub of the Year’ and Best Licensed Premises, Wrights Cafe Bar combines luxury, style, colour and comfort to give an unmatched atmosphere that appeals to all tastes. Whether it’s a pleasant drink or appetising food or watching big sporting occasions on plasma screens, Wrights is geared to meet your needs.Wrights Cafe Bar is split into a number of separate areas and levels – an upper level lounge, with dramatic red and cream furniture, dark wood tables and chandeliers, gives a distinctive ‘bordello’ effect; then behind the bar, there’s a secluded lounge that overlooks an open-plan area below, complete with a purpose-built stage area that’s perfect for dancing to live music.It has established a regular clientele and and has proven an attraction to visitors from further afield, while it can also cater for parties and special functions, with areas specially reserved for larger groups.A superb selection of wines, spirits and beers from around the world, the finest champagnes, exciting cocktails and speciality coffees are always on offer while a wide diversity of food is served from 12 noon to 9.00pm daily. Lunch and evening menus and daily specials are just part of the service, with an Early Bird option available between 5pm and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was here with my friend and i have to say this place is great for food,it was very busy and we found it hard to find seats at first, but the Manager on the floor found a lovely booth and he was so helpful. We went for the 10 euro steak deals which were lovely,service was excellent and we will be back here real soon.

• Visited March 2014
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Patrick

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the food and that the staff were helpful.

10 euro steak deal is very popular! :) We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Polish first
Reviewed 21 March 2014

They do a really good steak with chunky chips , onion rings & pepper sauce for €10 , Staff very helpful even though it was one of the busiest days of the year . Service with a smile ! i would definitely go back again .

Dear Emma C

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Paddys Day at Wrights Cafe Bar. It was such a great day. Always one of the busiest of the year! :)

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Swords, Ireland
“st patricks day treat”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

just wanted to compliment all at wrights cafe bar in swords,on st patricks day a gang of us descended on the bar after a wonderful parade,we were greeted by a lovely lady fiona,whos couldnt have been more helpful and friendly, we had 3 kids with us and she really made us feel welcome,we were seated with kids menus,crayons and drinks instantly,the atmosphere was fantastic,the food second to none,and the service fantastic,without doubt one of the best spots in town for a get together,only for the children we would have been tempted to stay an awful lot longer,to Gerry and all we will be back as soon as possible,thank you for a lovely visit folks..

• Visited March 2014
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear bfaughnan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We will be sure to pass all the lovely comments on to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Cafe Bar again soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Popped into Wrights Café Bar with my daughter after watching the parade in Swords on St Patrick's Day. There was a great atmosphere. The staff were as friendly as usual even though it was so busy. My daughter was delighted with the treats they gave her and she said the place was awesome and can't wait to go back again. As always a great experience whether it's day or night.

Dear Jacqueline R

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We are delighted that you choose Wrights Cafe Bar to celebrate on St Paddys Day. Always a great atmosphere around the village.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Dublin
“Nightmare, No customer service skills, dreadful food, 1 hour wait.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a regular customer of Wrights and in the past year have been present when colleagues had to return their food but this was my first experience and I am just fuming at the way I was treated. Myself and my partner order food on St Patricks Day and were informed by the waitress that the food would be 20 minutes. I had no problem with the wait. 40 minutes later I asked for an update on my order and the waitress said it was on its way. After an hour still no food and I had to go find someone to inquire about my order. I was told yet again it was on its way. The food arrived on our table 1 hour and 20 minutes later. The Yorkshire pudding was a hard as a stone and the gravy had a thick layer on it. I refused to eat the food and went to The Pink Elephant in Swords. I went back to Wrights to inform the manager of my experience and the only response from him was what I believe was "okay" as he was extremely hard to understand because he spoke so low. As I mentioned before I have frequented Wrights for a number of years now and cannot see myself going back, if thats the way they treat their regulars .

1 Thank Mike_Dublin15
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Wrights Cafe Bar, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Mike Dublin 15

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Wrights Cafe Bar.

We apologies again for the wait time and point out that you were not charged for the beef that you weren’t happy with.

We served over 200 portions of the beef on the day. St Patricks Day is one of the busiest days of the year for us so it was unfortunate that your food was less that satisfactory.

We had 10 floor staff, 6 bar staff, 2 managers and auxiliary staff so I find it strange that you had to go and find someone, as there were plenty of staff on hand.

We pride ourselves on our excellent food and customer service, as you can see from all the reviews below.

We would like to apologies again for this.

Kind regards