“Great value for money.”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great value for money.”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Staff was friendly, genuine and very helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet. Close to the airport. Great value. Will stay again when I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
StephenBarry, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
I would like to thank you for your generous comments. We have been making a strong effort to refurbish our rooms to a higher standard which is progressing throughout all of the rooms in our hotel. Our team is very much into the traditional Irish standard of Cead Mile Failte and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you pop across the water.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2011

currently staying at the travel lodge for business,working night shift at the airport,for the second time this week my sleep was disturded by fire alarm test in the early afternoon,added to this today was a power cut which lead to people making plenty of noise trying to find their rooms in the dark,being a budget hotel wasnt expecting anything spectacular but just hoped for sleep which the hotel couldnt even provide!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank colthecake
michal_bundzel, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused!
On the day of your stay there was an electricity power outage in Swords area and also in other areas.

On your next visit to our hotel please contact us direct at dublinairport@travelodge.ie to make your reservation and we will give you the best available rate and try our best to ensure you have a faultless stay.

Michal Bundzel

Travellers are raving about these Swords hotels

Derry
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Myself and four friends (all female) stayed here the night before we had to catch a flight. We had booked one triple and one double room. It could only be described as horrendous from start to finish. One of our group arrived first on her own. When she arrived she was told that they had only a record of us having booked one room despite us having a print out of confirmation that we had booked two rooms. This took a while to sort out. Whilst she was at the reception there were large groups of very young people walking about the reception area and hallways making a lot of noise and openly drinking alcohol. When she arrived at the room she found that the triple room was in fact a room with a double bed and a sofa bed. The door to the bedroom did not lock and there were large groups of drunk teenagers playing music extremely loudly and banging and kicking on the doors. Needless to say she felt very unsafe. I arrived some time later with two members of the group. When we arrived there was horde of people standing outside the hotel drinking and it was the same in reception. The check in process took a lot longer than required and I was surprised to see that the reception area had a fridge stocked with alcohol, not the bar, the reception! I asked why a triple room had a sofa bed and not a single bed and I was told that this was the usual layout of their triple room. However when the girls who were staying in the double room went in to their room they found it had a double and single bed. I felt extremely intimadated walking along the corridor to get to my room as people were openly drinking in the corridors and running up and down shouting and banging on other peoples doors.
The whole night both myself and my friends felt very unsafe. When the final member of our group arrived the guards had been called to the hotel and were using the dining area as an interview room! We felt extremely unsafe all night and only for the late hour we would have left immediately. It was impossible to sleep with the shouting ( including some very graphic sexual language), the door being kicked and the loud music. This may seem like a very detailed account but to be honest this is merely the highlights.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
michal_bundzel, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
I apologize on behalf of all team members for inconvenience during your stay.
Some of our guests are used to visit local pubs and clubs over the weekend. To ensure that all our guests have comfortable stay we introduced new security procedures and arranged security guards for the weekends. We also install additional security cameras at the property. Loud behavior is not acceptable and if necessary Garda is called to deal with those who cause disruption to other guests.

Also I am very sorry, that you did not have room which you expected. In that case you could contact our reception team which they are for you 24 hours. I am sure that they would be happy to help you to solve your requirement.
Thanks,

Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2011

On arrival we were greeted by a lady receptionest (Florence) who on seen a group of 3 young males began to act in a manner i can describe no other way other than discriminary. Demanding copies of passports and other personal information that was not obtained from the two eastern europeen guests who were been checked in by the receptionist beside us despite having asked if they too would need to produce these documents having seen ours been obtained, Either myself and my friends were been treated less fovourably because as i believe we were young males (2 Of the 9 grounds on which discrimination is outlined under the equal status act) either totally ignored by our receptionest or she cleary lacked vital training in relation to customer relations abd indeed our legal entitlements. needing the room as we were attending a local function i did not report this until checkout. On entering our room it was dirty, there were stickers on the bathroon floor half removed indicating that the floor had not been deep cleaned and the bath had black stains really not a great start!!!! thankfully we only needed the hotel for a few hours as to put our heads down however it resembeled trying to sleep in a busy train station with the noise and music. On checking out we were greeted by the same receptionist who was shocked when i informed of my complaint but could evidently tell from her response she was aware of her wrong doing. I asked for contact details for the general manager of whom she was unaware and sourced me contact details (an email address) for their Ballymun property.
Human resource management= " the process by which a business TRAINS DEVELOPS AND rewards its workfource" clearly deemed irrelivant at this property. i am considering taking legal action in relation to the discrimination and in relation to everything else i will be doing my best to highlight this wereever possible and discourage anyone i can from ever setting foot into a travellodge hotel.

Yours In Business: P. Ryder (Bachelor of Business, HSPT, WSET,)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank paulryder
Dear guest,
We greatly value feedback and contact with our customers and appreciate your comments. I was very concerned when I read your post, we are very sorry that you feel concerned as it was treated with you. Demonstration ID card our guests are there within the essential requirements reviews to establish the identity of each guest who have made reservation with us. Every member of reception team has been trained for the procedure. It’s in the area of safety operation of the hotel and throughout your safety too. I would like to once again sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and wish to assure you that a full investigation is underway. I will make sure that the member of team will be retrained for the procedure above.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 February 2011

After reading through the various reviews (after I made my booking) I was really nervous at my hotel choice. We were going on a night out and the hotel was cheaper than what a taxi would have cost to get home, so I figured we didn't have anything to lose.
I don't know what the other reviewers were expecting but we found it perfect for our needs. €29 for a room? C'mon, that's amazing! And for that we got a warm room with a lovely bed, a bathroom, with a decent (shallow) bath, tea and coffee, TV... What more could you ask for?
It was a Friday night and we saw a few groups checking in but we heard none of the raucous behaviour other reviewers commented on. It was quiet and we had a lovely breakfast the next day at an extra €7.
OK, there was a shower curtain instead of a shower door that was a teeny bit moldy, the telly had seen better days as the colours were off as if the tube had gone, the bed was a bit too soft and the bath was a bit too shallow. The door handle was odd because there was nowhere to hang the do not disturb sign- but they are all trivial little things. Excellent value for money. Staff were friendly and polite and we felt like we were the only guests there it was that quiet. The place was clean, warm and yes there was soap! And toilet paper! And towels! And extra pillows and extra duvet!
Maybe if people lowered their expectations a little. This is not five star. It's budget accommodation and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nimmyzed
ewqdsacxz, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 11 February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you your comment. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We do not ask our guests to pay for goods or services they do not need. That's why we deliver good value to our customers. However we very strict about our room strandards. And I do apologize that we allowed them to drop during you stay. I can assure you that this will be addressed.
I hope we will see you in near future.
West Mids
Reviewed 10 January 2011

A decent travelodge offering exceptional value. Stayed Friday/Saturday/Sunday. The whole experience on Friday and Saturday was bad yet its not the hotel but the guests it attracts. As such I'm sorry to have to write this review yet feel it needs to be said so "normal" people avoid it at weekends.

Everything as one expects from a Travelodge and a tidy restaurant at the side. I should have guessed when I saw security guards patrolling outside at dusk. But nothing could prepare me. Its the noise from yobs running up and down the corridor, shouting, screaming and general signs of alcoholic (and HaPpY PeOpLe) excess thats offputting. The Saturday was worse. Not just more of the same but two fights my door including hitting and kicking the door and shouting till 3am. It was frightening but fortunately someone called GARDA twice.
In the morning I sympathised with the receptionists. They couldn't really say anything but apologise and give me a complaint form. I filled it in and never had a response. It didn't matter as I was pleased to leave. Sorry travelodge. Perhaps you should be less keen to accept group bokings.
So in essence, good and cheap but I didn't feel SAFE. And thats whats important in an hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank whittimere
ewqdsacxz, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 16 January 2011
Dear Customer,

I apologize on behalf of all team members for inconvenience during your stay.
Some of our guests are used to visit local pubs and clubs over the weekend. To ensure that all our guests have comfortable stay we introduced new security procedures and arranged security guards for the weekends. We also install additional security cameras at the property. Loud behaviour is not acceptable and if necessary Garda is called to deal with those who cause disruption to other guests.

I am sorry that to you complaint wasn’t responded on time. We always respond within 48 hours, usually next day. I would kindly ask you to contact me directly on peter.samo@travelodge.ie, since we didn’t receive your complaint or we couldn’t reach you using contact details you left with us. One or the other way, I would like to investigate why your comment wasn’t responded as per our standards.

Thank you very much for writing you review, I hope you will give us opportunity to proof that our hotel is safe and comfortable place to stay.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Stopped here as we had an early morning flight. Room was clean and warm and perfectly adequate. We also got a very good room rate.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Sljonline
ewqdsacxz, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you. I will pass your comment to our team members. We are looking for welcoming you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!