“All thats needed”

Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We booked into the Travel Lodge as we had a fairly early flight home the next morning. Our criteria for a 1 night hotel are, cleanliness, comfortable bed and a hot working shower. We got all three, plus a perfectly good breakfast the next morning. Staff were without exception friendly and helpful. We did not have dinner at the lodge as our taxi driver recommended "The Well" at The Lord Mayors down the road. Best fried fish we had in 3 weeks in Ireland and Scotland. Two years as a fishery biologist on a trawler makes one quite an expert!
Mike P

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Mike,

Hope you got home safely and thank you for your kind comments. The criteria you expect are all the things that we strive to achieve on a consistent basis. I'm delighted that we have once again ticked all the boxes. I have passed your compliments to our friendly team, who work hard to look after our guests and who are always pleased to hear that it hasn't gone unnoticed.
Hopefully we will see you back again on your next trip to Ireland .

David Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Check in was easy and quick. We were also offered breakfast at a pre-paid price which we accepted.

We made our way to our room 316 however on the way we could smell cigarette smoke - which for a non smoking hotel I was unhappy about. ON entering our we found we had plenty of room and an extra bed - we had only booked a double room. The room was OK although there was quite a few burnt patches on the carpet and a few cosmetic problems in the bathroom e a tile had come off and a chip on the bath and a broken know to operate the temperature for shower/bath. These could be fixed quickly cheaply and easily. Overall it was ok and we got a good sleep - which we were surprised about considering last years visit it was over run with teenagers who were running riot. I know you pay for what you get!!!!

One comment though please keep heater on in the room before people arrive. When we enetered we were so cold we had to put our coats on. Also plastic covering must be used on the beds which made me feel clammy during the night

I know the restaurant is nothing to do with the hotel but we ate there on the Friday night and Saturday morning. ON the Friday we ordered the combination as we liked it last year. However it seems they are cutting corners and giving cheaper alternatives. We had literally entered the restaurant and sat down when the staff came to take our order - we had bearly looked at the menu.We made a quick choice but we would have liked a little longer to look over the menu. We received our starter and hadn't finished when another member of staff came with our mains and wanted to take our starter away even though we hadn't finished. Come on let people enjoy their food and to be truthful there was not that many people there. Regarding alcohol all they served was beer or wine. I had to take wine however I am not a wine drinker I did accept it but I feel they should offer alcopops or vodka. Breakfast was ok. All pre prepared and the tea could have done with being a lot warmer.

Room Tip: We stayed in 316 - we were able to keep an eye on our vechicle.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Drunmtara,

Thanks for taking the time to post more feedback on your recent stay with us and we were delighted to welcome you back.
We are indeed a fully non smoking hotel. We do try to prevent and deter this as much possible but unfortunately on occasions some guests disregard our policy and smoke in their rooms. We charge guests who breach this policy for the extra deep cleaning which is required in the rooms afterwards.
We are constantly reviewing both our bar cafe menus and we most definitely take on board your preference for other drinks in our next review. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nothing fancy, folks. You need a cheap room nearby the airport? They've got it. Need Wifi? 5E for 24 hours access. Need a ride to the airport? Their coach runs every half hour, beginning at 4:07am for 5E. The man at the front desk was very kind to me when I arrived and helped me carry my bags to my room, and aside from it being far and away from the 4-star place I just spent the last week at, I'm fine with it. Easy to get here from the Dublin airport on the 41 bus to Swords for 1.35E, too.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs - the sounds of traffic will lull you to sleep otherwise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Elizabeth,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor about Travelodge Dublin Airport North.
I'm glad that you found we are able to provide everything the price conscious traveller needs near Dublin Airport, including our Shuttle Bus. I will pass your kind comments about our reception team on to them and they will as always be delighted to hear it. On your next visit please let us know and we can allocate you one of our many rooms at the back of the hotel if necessary.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

clean comfy bed lots of hot water decor a bit tired but your not staying a month very good staff especialy young chinese girl in resturant its a good jumping off point as its near airport and major routs

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Sandra,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us after your recent stay.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean comfy beds and you will be pleased to hear that we are in the middle of a scheduled redecorating programme of our bedrooms and corridors.
We do get lots of comments praising the team here in Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords but I have passed your kind comments on to our restaurant team
We are less than 10 mins from Dublin Airport and 3 mins from the M1 motorway so we are indeed very accessible.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Lovely room. Bed very comfortable . Breakfast delicious.

Staff friendly and helpful. Minded my bag for a few hours after checkout.

Only complaints ....please provide shampoo and television has to be re-tuned every time it is switched on .....strange !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Martina,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

I'm glad you enjoyed one of our lovely rooms and found our beds very comfortable. Our new All you can eat Breakfast Buffet is excellent value at €7.50 with Kids eating Free and as many have found like yourself, also delicious. Our Friendly and helpful staff are always happy to mind bags for a few hours after checkout.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this travelodge fir two nights as we where over for my brothers wedding. We found all the staff friemdly and helpful the whole place was clean food was top class more like a hotel rather than a travelodge. We will be returning well done.

Room Tip: Room 326 was queit
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Steve and Vicky,

Thank you for your taking the time to review us. I'm delighted to hear your stay was perfect and you both found our team to be friendly and helpful. Our first class team is something that we are very proud of here in the hotel.
I've also passed your kind words about your meal to our restaurant team. I hope you enjoyed the wedding and look forward to seeing you back very soon.

General manager

Reviewed 17 October 2013

You won't be disappointed in the welcome you'll get from Flo on the front desk in the evenings. We've sayed with her twice, six months apart, and she remembered us when we returned the 2nd time! (I never thought of myself as that memorable, really!) The welcome was warm and the facility met our needs perfectly. Great value and smiling faces. Thanks, see ya next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

danlDavie,

Your kind review is much appreciated. Flo along with a lot of our reception team has been with us several years and is renowned for remembering people. I have passed on your kind comments to her.
Great value and Smiling faces sums up everything we are trying to do here in Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords...Hope to see you again soon!

David Ryan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Dublin Airport Manor
#6 of 7 in Swords
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!