“Leave daughter near airport”

Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Leave daughter near airport”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

yes think near airport and link bus available, also can eat or order on site.......now bathrom had soap but no shampoo/shower gel nor drier. pay for wi fi but then IF Get all these items would pay more......Clean and cosy so this more important to me.........was bar soap and clean towels and good hot water so thats good for me!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Rosemary,

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel clean & cosy and that you made use of our restaurant and shuttle bus service.
I hope your daughter enjoyed her trip and that we see you again soon

David Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Carrick-on-shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Excellent stay if you planning to partying in The Wright Venue which is located only 850m away from the hotel. Very comfortable beds!!!! plus dont forget shower gel and toothpaste to bring with you because hotel does not provide any of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Marcin,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind review of Travelodge Dublin Airport North.
I'm delighted you found our beds comfortable and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future .

Dublin
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night out at The Wright Venue. Was cheap enough at 38 euros, however I was not made aware in advance of the compulsory €50 deposit which was a hassle as I and a lot of other people had to do this by card which took up more time at check in. There was 2 staff behind the reception desk and both were dealing with 1 check in at a time which meant I was waiting 20 mins before I got to my room as a lot of forms had to be filled in also.

The room stunk of alcohol and the temperature of the room was very hot. They are also very very very strict when you come back from the night out, cross checking everyones name.

There was also children running around in nappies in the corridor which I believe were those who are living in the travelodge due to a wrecked housing estate.

I would not be as quick to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Caroline,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I hope you understand that in certain circumstances we require a further means of securing the room and this can sometimes extend the check in process. I am sure you will also understand the need for us to be vigilant when guests return to the hotel late at night
I hope that we see you again in the near future and thank you again for your review.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Dated, dirty, cold.....not even a bath mat provided. Cheap but you can get nicer B&B for the same. Try Number 44 in Swords village. Also, Wrights in Swords do a reasonably priced meal with a good atmosphere. Only positive is, there is a bus stop over the road to catch bus to Dublin....easier than taking the car. Beware if you catch a taxi, we were charged per person.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Juleschaos
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Jules,

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback following your recent stay.
I was disappointed to read your comments about your room. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly in other to find out some more information in relation to your room.
On a positive note, I'm glad you found our location convenient for Dublin. I'm surprised with your comment about Taxi's as they should only charge for the trip.

David Ryan

Travellers are raving about these Swords hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed for one night as we had a reasonably early flight the next morning.ate in the restaurant which was good, check in girl was very offhanded. About midnight I awoke to the smell of .cigarette smoke, ten minutes later the fire alarm went off. Contacted the night staff and was told, " yes someone is smoking, I'll have to come" huge commotion in the corridor,with the alarm still sounding. No contact at all from the desk clerk reassuring that all was ok, so a very edgy night. Breakfast was fine . Being on the ground floor the noise from above is constant .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dianne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I'm sorry that you were awoken by the fire alarm. It is unfortunate that despite our non smoking policy some guests continue to ignore the policy. Our Fire system detects this hence the unfortunate sounding and i'm sorry it disturbed you.
I'm glad you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet in our Bar Café

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A friend and myself checked in for a one night stay last weekend. Having found a cheap rate as we were attending a function close by.
Upon check in although we had fully pre paid for the room and credit card details were on file we were required to pay a further €50 dep which would be refunded after check out. This is fine is you are made aware of it by the hotel upon making your reservation so that you know in advance to have it.
We were then informed there was no key for our room each and every time we wanted access to our room a staff member had to let us in?? Since when is this okay in any hotel to which you are paying for the room.

The room was freezing, the staff member who let us into our room put the radiator on for us but the room never became warm.
There was 1 towel in the room, 1 cup for tea and yet we booked a twin room. Very very basic hotel and rooms need a touch of updating.

After our function we returned to the hotel, unfortunately while out my bag had been stolen and so I had no ID to verify who I was and was not allowed to go to my room.
Eventually after showing the staff at the door my facebook profile on a friends phone he allowed me to the room to collect my belongings!!!! Yes we did not stay the night, and the security stood over us in the room while packing up our belongings.

We had done nothing in this hotel but get ready for our function, having fully pre paid the room we didn't even get to sleep here it was a disgrace.

Even for a small airport hotel there are basic needs this has none of them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa H
David R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Lisa,

Thank you for feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am so sorry that your evening was ruined by having your bag stolen. I apologise for the over zealousness of our night team in trying to confirm your identity, we should have been more understanding of your situation. And the maintenance issue with your lock was unacceptable too.
I would like to discuss your stay further with you, so I would be grateful if you could please contact me directly at the hotel or message me here on Tripadvisor .

Regards,

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We checked in here on a sunday evening as we were getting a 6.25 flight and thought it would be a good idea to stay in dublin and get some sleep so we would not have to travel 2 and a half hours up on monday morning. I found this hotel at a good price of €48. Our check in was quick and she was nice but unfortunately it went down hill after that. Our room was on the ground floor we happened to park the car outside our room which was good so we could keep an eye as it seemed a little rough as we drove around to the larger car park at the back to see two adults with a child with the fire door open smoking a cigrette. Our door was hard to open but with a giggle it was ok. The room itself was a bit tired looking but was fairly clean. Nice bed and a good tv with many channels to go with it. Walls are paper thin as we hear 2 girls enter their room beside us and we could hear them talking about getting some food. Children were running around up and down to the adjoining restaurant, we did eat here and it was good as a means to near by.The bed was comfortable but it would have been great to be able to sleep in it, the noise from the roads yes roads as the hotel is situated on a roundabout was unbearable it was constant and was impossible to s get some sleep, as a last attempt to get some sleep around 12 we took the blankets and pillows from the bed and make a bed in the bathroom as there is a heavy thick door to the bathroom which blocked out the sound of the traffic.This was not idea as my partner is over 6 feet tall but i personally was able to get some sleep. We had asked for a wake up call for which we did get. On waking up in the bathroom we then saw some previous guests jocks stuffed up under the hand basin. This was not a comfortable stay and i was very disappointed with it,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mairead H
Mairead,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.
I was disappointed to hear that you didn't have a good night's sleep because of the traffic noise. We only have a limited number of rooms that are adjacent to the road so we could have allocated you a room to the rear of the hotel. However I was pleased that you found our beds comfortable and our team helpful.
I would like to discuss your stay further with you, so please contact me directly at the hotel or message me here on Tripadvisor .

Regards,

David Ryan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!