“Nice staff - Really helpful”

Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Nice staff - Really helpful”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed in Travelodge Swords with my teenage daughter whilst visiting Dublin for a concert. The hotel was easy to find and served well by public transport both from the airport and Dublin itself. Travel by bus was cheap and there were plenty of helpful bus drivers to help us find our way around. We notied a large car park we didnt use it but no trouble parking.

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, who quickly checked us into the room. The room was clean well aired but in need of slight cosmetic repairs and there were minor chips and cuts on our room fittings. The room had a television and I was able to watch the football. The rooms were comfy, bright and pleasant. The bathrooms could do with a refurbishment. The showers and bath were fine good hot water pressure.

I have to say the room was clean, the beds and pillows were really comfortable and fresh no complaints and we had a goods nights rest after a long day shopping and going to the R5 concert at Vicar Street.

When we returned we were again greeted by very helpful staff and at all times our interactions with the hotel reception staff were very good. Gave us directions and advice for getting to the airport by taxi early Sunday morning, told us which bus to get and were to find them when we needed them ...

Some paint and cosmetic repairs would have given 100 % in the review. But if you after somewhere to stay near the airport which is out of the hussle and bustle of Dublin then I would recommend this accomodation. I found this hotel ideal for visiting Dublin and putting me just a 10 Euros taxi journey to the aiport for a very early flight back to the UK

Reasonable price for a very comfy and good nights sleep ..... just needs some minor refurbishments

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AndrewCarson506

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My friends and I travelled to swords for a night out and we rang the Travelodge call centre and they told us we could just walk in to the hotel in swords as they had rooms available, when we arrived I asked to book a room for 4 which the receptionist looked me up and down unconvincingly which annoyed me as i was well dressed and am a respectable 23 year old man, he then informed me he had no rooms available for us, after some failed pleading we finally left when we met up with the final member of our party whom had just finished work and was wearing a suit so he decided to try book a room to see if there was one available for 4 to which the same receptionist replied with the affirmitive that he did indeed have a room for 4 to which my friend rejected and with out a word walked away disgusted, discrimination at its finest in this hotel, delighted I didn't stay.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ryanfionnkenny

Travellers are raving about these Swords hotels

Rugeley UK
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The best about this Travelodge is that it has loads of FREE car parking spaces.On arrival the reception staff were helpful and efficient.Our bedroom was very clean and plenty big enough.The bed was huge and vey comfortable.Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of everything we needed.Free wifi is available here.Can't fault the place and recommend it to everyone needing Dublin airport or City stay.

Room Tip: Car park side is more quiet at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TommyTucker18
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend Andy for Valentines night. Its a nice hotel, rooms a bit dated but what pleased us most was that it was GAY FRIENDLY!!! We didn't feel out of place here as we would in other hotels together. Thanks for making our Valentines special! Will hopefully be returning soon. DW

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellabuns
Reviewed 13 February 2014

It took three rooms until I had one that was warm, the heat did not work in the first room and the second one had a window open on a -2C night, the heater was not adequate to warm the room. The third room finally had working heat. There is no lift available to guests, and there was not a room available for me on the first floor, as I could not lift my case up the stairs at 6 months pregnant. There was no hairdryer, or ironing facility in the room, there was no toiletries in the bathroom. The bathroom fixtures looked old and outdated, therefore giving them the appearance of dirty. The tea mugs were dusty and had to be rinsed before used. I could hear lots of outside traffic and noise and the windows were drafty. I would not recommend this hotel as there are lot of other similarly priced options in the area. Check-out some of the local Swords B&B's. The following night I stayed at the Waterside House Hotel in nearby Donabate for €50 including breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Wendy J
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 12 February 2014

booked this hotel because of its convenient parking for dublin airport but will never stay here again. definitely not suitable for families. "sofa bed" is actually a sofa that one child can sleep on and a warped roller mattress underneath it. duvets had mould on it, curtains would not close and the room was freezing. very bad experience

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel the night before flying to Orlando.
It was easy to find, the reception staff were really helpful, especially when there was three of us and only two mugs. They supplied us with another mug and extra tea, coffee and milk.
The room was clean, comfortable and we all slept well.
The WiFi costs five euro, which is a bargain considering other places I've stayed can charge up to fifteen. It's also close to quite a few food places like TGI's and McDonalds, so there's plenty of choice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RVJarrett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#4 of 7 in Swords
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!