Wow, I had never stayed in a Travelodge before and didnt have high expectations. Well this hotel surpassed all expectations....it was awful! Upon entry the room seemed basic, which I suppose was ok for what we paid. However on closer examination the room was tired, dirty and uncomfortable to be in. I understand I did not pay much, however I expect things to be clean and in good repair. The sink was cracked and the plug was just thrown in the bottom of the sink, the vanity unit had white stains over it, the towel rail in the bathroom was damaged, not good for an electrical appliance to be damaged in a wet area. The shower head looked like it needed an urgent descaling. Begs me to wonder how often they descale for legionella control purposes. The sofa bed in the bedrom had white stains over it...interesting. The door's second lock didnt work, not good for 2 women in a city that we dont know.
The final nail in the coffin was when showering, the extractor fan was so powerful that it pulled the shower curtain into the shower, which if you could have seen the state of the shower curtain you would understand why this sticking to my skin whilst trying to shower was really unbearable.
You may ask why I didnt tell a member of staff....the reason...I got a grunt when checking in and a grunt when checking out. They were not bothered. Even to the point we asked if we could leave our bags until our flight home, they said yes and told us to store them in another bedroom with lots of other bags. No token, receipt or anything given to us to say they had our bags. Fortunately they were still there when we returned.
So overall Traveloge, you really got this wrong. As a General Manager of a hotel in the UK, I understand certain things go wrong....but cleanliness and staff friendliness isnt one!
I dont think you respond to reviews on here....so I will be sending this on to someone else!
Tip - Do not stay here, even the taxi drivers do not recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelodge Dublin Airport offers clean, modern rooms, 5 minutes' drive from the main airport terminal. An airport shuttle service is available every 30 minutes from 04:00. There is space for free parking on site. Each room features a satellite TV, a spacious work desk, and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms can accommodate families of 2 adults and up to 2 children (under 16 years old). Guests can dine at the informal on-site restaurant, open from 07:00 until 22:00, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full meals and snacks are available, and a range of alcoholic drinks are also served. Swords village is a 5-minute walk away. There are pubs, restaurants and shops, including the fantastic Pavilions Shopping Mall. There is direct, easy access to the M1 and M50 motorways and Dublin Ferry terminal is 12.6 miles from the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords Hotel Swords
- Travelodge Swords
- Swords Travelodge
- Swords Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Dublin
- Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords County Dublin