Our flight was delayed on Tues night 10th June, so we missed our bus to Cork at 12.30 am. The Travel Lodge, Swords seemed to be the only hotel in the area with vacancies - is there a reason for this I wonder? Not knowing the history of this hotel, we booked in at 1 am - if we had known better it would have been preferable to wait at the Airport for 6.30 am bus.
First impressions were not good - unfriendly man on reception, smell of smoke on corridor to our room. As already stated on previous reviews the room just didn't feel clean. My husband went to wash his hands in the bathroom - no towels. Went to reception and was given towels. No spoon to stir his coffee, back to reception - got one only spoon. Back again to plug in his sleep apnea machine - no socket near the bed - just one near the dressing table. Back to reception requesting extension lead - our unfriendly Receptionist said they didn't supply them, he just said ''MOVE THE BED''. Any other time of day and having had to pay E79 in advance, we would be gone out the door, but at 1.15 am we had little choice but to move the single bed up to the dressing table. On taking off the mattress we discovered the base of the bed was seriously badly stained, and under the bed was dirty and as picture shows cotton buds and dirt on the carpet. The only clean thing about the room was the bed linen, which felt good - I just wondered how clean the mattress was. The room was shabby, but the big problem for me was the cleanliness - this shouldn't be such a big problem to solve. It just seems they don't care - having read reviews from the past few months, its the same story - complaints mainly about the dirt.
We complained to David on Reception next morning - he was polite, apologised, and said he would report it to his Manager, who would telephone us - this didn't happen. Management is very poor in this hotel - its not rocket science to make sure every room is clean. David did say they had changed their cleaning contractors the previous day, so perhaps it may get better. We are used to staying in hotels where the management and staff strive to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
Avoid if possible - stay at your peril otherwise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelodge Dublin Airport offers clean, modern rooms, 5 minutes' drive from the main airport terminal. An airport shuttle service is available every 30 minutes from 04:00. There is space for free parking on site. Each room features a satellite TV, a spacious work desk, and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms can accommodate families of 2 adults and up to 2 children (under 16 years old). Guests can dine at the informal on-site restaurant, open from 07:00 until 22:00, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full meals and snacks are available, and a range of alcoholic drinks are also served. Swords village is a 5-minute walk away. There are pubs, restaurants and shops, including the fantastic Pavilions Shopping Mall. There is direct, easy access to the M1 and M50 motorways and Dublin Ferry terminal is 12.6 miles from the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords Hotel Swords
- Travelodge Swords
- Swords Travel Lodge
- Swords Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Dublin
- Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords County Dublin