“Absolutely NO”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Vancouver, Canada
“Absolutely NO”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived late at night on Aug 1st, after a very long flight, their debit/credit system was down and didn't take £ . I was told to walk 25 minutes into the town to get €. My room had an unpleasant odour and the electrical outlet didn't work. There was no shampoo or soap in my room. For 79euro it was pretty disgraceful, even for a Travelodge.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've never stayed in a Travelodge before but have heard that it is a basic place to sleep in when travelling, which is what I was expecting when I got there.

This is a chain hotel, you can tell it's a chain hotel and has a chain feel but if you want a bit of character and something "special" then I'd suggest going somewhere that costs more than E52/night.

I can't find fault with my stay, the beds were comfortable, the room was airy and pleasant, the bath and shower were clean, the shower was a bit temperamental but in all honesty this is standard in a lot of hotels and something I expect and have learnt to deal with on a short term basis. There were four sachets of coffee, some tea, four little tubs of milk and four sugars. I found two coffee sachets and two milks were needed per cup but that's hardly the end of the world, I'm guessing the staff could have provided more if I had asked. The TV actually worked too and was a decent viewing quality for the size of the room.

I had to leave at 5am so didn't sample any of the food and can't comment on that side of things.

As for the staff. On my arrival I simply told the lady on reception my name, she quickly found my key and gave me instructions on how to find my room and I found her very polite and friendly. I also went to buy two beers and a juice a little while later and the same lady and her colleague were very nice. There is a shuttle coach that picks up from the airports surrounding hotels for drop offs and the staff were very helpful, even at 5am when I asked where the stop was.

What was also nice was when I saw staff around the hotel working their colleagues were offering to help them and the team in general seemed to get on nicely and have a good rapport with each other. I personally wouldn't want to spend my money in a place where the staff weren't valued and they did seem valued here.

To summarise: if you want something posh then pay posh prices but if you want something basic you can do a lot worse than this family friendly, basic but welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise then ask to be away from the carpark, but this place is close to the a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Flight canceled, show up st 10am. I'm told 3 pm check in. I walk 2 miles into town and back, get some lunch. I'm dead now. It is 2:30. Won't check me in till 3pm. Really? The rooms are ready. Crazy. Now there is a crazy line to check in at 3. EVERYBODY WAITING.

Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Swords hotels

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just as you would expect a Travelodge.. Somewhere to sleep, shower and hang your clothes overnight. The breakfasts were great - as much as you can eat/drink and lots of choice. Staff happy to look after your luggage if you have a late flight etc.
We did need to get the room cleaned (again) as things weren't as they should be but this was done quickly without fuss.
The corridors smelt of old smoking habits, maybe this is something that they need to look at?
We used the bus service from city centre to the Travelodge.. You do need to have nimble legs to get from the bus stop to the hotel as you need to cross a dual carriageway! EEKK!

Room Tip: A room at the back away from the carpark...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge last year and found it to be a good neat airport type hotel. As we were coming to Dublin again this year we decided to use it again, but this time on three different dates. I also contacted the hotel before we booked to check if they could store our large cases for the 4 days we would be in Scotland. They were very willing to do so. Our first stay was fine. When we returned we were handed our room key, but opening the door it was quite clear someone was staying there, the room was littered with clothes, packets of food and drink bottles. Going back to reception we were told that the "system" showed the room was empty. No apology, just handed another key.
On the third visit our room was on the far side of a section of the hotel where the rooms were being upgraded. The corridor had a strong smell of smoke and glue. Our room was clearly one that had already been worked on. The bathroom floor was nor fastened down properly so the door could not close and the hinges urgently needed oiling.
The whole experience suggested a lack of supervision by management

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

There was a hole in the mattress with a spring coming out of it. Also the towel rail was broken hanging of the wall and there was dust on surfaces around the room.
It would have been handier if the sockets were next to the bed instead of the other side of the room.
The room was very stuffy and warm. Opening a window meant we had to deal with the problem of very loud traffic noise due to the Hotel's close proximity to a busy dual carriageway. Overall not a very comfortable stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Adam D
Rennes, France
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night out at the Wright Venue as the Premier Inn was booked out. Got it at a cheap price but on arrival, it was very obvious why it was cheap!

The hotel smells weird and doesn't look or feel very clean. The worst thing though was our room. I actually considered sleeping in the car! The room smelt so badly of smoke. The carpet was filthy, bed side cabinet had nail varnish all over it and I wouldn't even touch the pull out bed. Even the bed clothes felt dirty... Yuck!

I couldn't wait to get out of the place.
Sorry to say I would never ever stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Emerbc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!