“Good spot to be close to the airport”
Review of Glenmore House

Glenmore House
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for one night with the main purpose to be close to the airport due to the fact we were leaving the next day. There is a shuttle to the airport you can take for 2 euros a person which is handy. Keep in mind that there is nothing nearby , the hotel is on a main road.. There is a pub aprox 10 min walk. Breakfast was available which was good, a great place if you want to be close to the airport. FYI the taxi we took from the ferry terminal to the hotel was 40 euros, so a little distance away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anna m

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We used this hotel for our stay before an early flight the next day. For a few quid extra I believe we could have had a hotel within walking distance - this hotel is not. Even though only 5 minutes in a car, it is at least a 20 minute walk and with luggage that is just stupid. The shuttle costs 2 EUR each way which is another 8 EUR so adding another 10 would have given us a room in a hotel 2 minutes walk from the airport.

The hotel itself is very secluded, there is nothing around it. The room was very basic and small but ok for what it's purpose was. No WiFi in the room, only in a very close proximity of the reception.

The only reason I am not going to rate this place terrible is the staff, the young man at the reception kindly left us some food out in the fridge as we were leaving the hotel at 5am and he was really helpful and nice. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Menyuska1
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we only slept there the night before the flight home.. friendly people, helpful. Clean rooms. Only thing is that they don't serve warm breakfast.
lots of place for parking.
we only had wifi in the public spaces.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alice_von_Wonderland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I needed a bed near the airport before an early flight the following morning. It's what I got. No frills, not even a hair-dryer or a kettle in the room. But the bed was okay. Major downer for me was no WiFi in my room but I had been aware that it was available in the public lounge.
Breakfast was okay - I had to leave before anyone at the hotel was available for check-out, so I was told to help myself to prepared breakfast in the fridge. Toast, (instant) coffee or tea, orange juice, jam, cheese and cold meats were available.
The airport shuttle picks you up right in front of the drive (first bus 4.18 am), which is very convenient.
I hadn't expected a luxury abode, so I wasn't disappointed. This is a fairly decent choice if you need a bed for a night.
Biggest downside for me: The doors are tricky to close, so you have to pull really hard (or they don't lock properly). Anyone coming or going at night will therefore make a huge racket and wake you.
Staff also didn't reply to three email queries sent before my arrival, I ended up phoning them instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Babal00
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This B&B charged the same price as our favorite Rocklands B&B in Kinsale but was NOTHING close to it. Glenmore was old, unclean, the bed was broken and wifi wouldn't reach our room. There were no soaps in the room but had dispensers. The dispensers looked like they had soap from years ago still in there but were all but empty. GROSS. The only good thing was a shuttle from a nearby hotel stops by every half hour to take you to the airport for 2 Euros. Wish we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brianna B
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here upon arrival into Dublin, just after getting a rental car, while we were still jet-lagged. They were more than gracious to allow us to come early, sit in their dining room for tea and continental breakfast, and relax until our room was ready. Rebecca was excellent at communicating with me prior to our arrival, and the room was comfortable and clean. We all agreed that we would stay here again. Wi-Fi worked sometimes from the room (we were the last room in the upstairs area) however was working great from the dining area. No full Irish breakfast available, but fresh cold cuts, cheese, milk, cereals, toast, tea, juice, coffee, your choice of jelly, fruit, and muffins were all available. Very convenient.

Room Tip: Contact via email to make sure you get the room size that you need. We chose the "family suite...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Glenn E
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This B&B is very close to the Dublin Airport, my father and children stayed there for 2 nights before returning home from an Irish Vacation. The B&B is in a great location to be close to the airport, busses and shuttles just outside the door. Very quaint and clean. The only thing I was annoyed with, I had emailed the B&B a week before my family was going to be travelling, I asked a few questions and I never heard back from them. I would have cancelled the hotel if I were the one travelling, but my father did not want to look for another one. I would have appreciated an answer proir to their travels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EileenS181
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#6 of 7 in Swords
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Glenmore House? Share your experiences!