“Love this place!”
Review of The Star Bar and Lounge - CLOSED

The Star Bar and Lounge
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I love going to The Star its so cosy the food is always top quality and the staff are very friendly. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

After a very disappointing experience at another bar on Sunday for carvery, I stopped into The Star to get two take away dinners. Huge portions, fresh food, excellent choice, brilliant value for money, and as always service with a smile! Even when we got home 20 minutes later, the food was still piping hot. I don't think we'll be trying any other pubs for our Sunday lunch from now on!

1  Thank Deebones
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have been going to The Star for our Sunday lunch for some time now. It simply has to be the best carvery in Dublin. Ciaran , Rory and the rest of the staff cannot do enough for you. The roast beef is out of this world. Portions are very generous, even the 1/2 portion is a very good feed. All food is freshly cooked and regularly replaced with fresh portions. Take aways are also available. If you cannot decide what to have they will even give you half and half. I hate the Sundays when I have to go elsewhere and miss out on this Sunday treat. I usually end up going some other day of the week to get my fix of beef. And remember "no washing up afterwards".

2  Thank Room105Dublin
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We came here on a Sunday evening look for some hearty pub grub and my god we were not disappointed.It was a carvery set up, there were about 4/5 main courses to chose from.
I got the homemade burger with plenty of veg and mash, my family got the roast beef (cooked just right) also with plenty of veg and mash. The portions are huge!!!
Each dish cost in and around €10 which is fantastic for such huge portions of deliciousness.
As for the decor it is nothing special, just an average pub with the locals down for a drink. The staff were just ok, not the friendliest bunch but the food most definitely makes up for it!

1  Thank 873laurenb
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped off on the way into Dublin. This pub was a good choice. Had the bangers and mash which was delicious! My husband had the roast which was very tender and moist. Portions were huge.

1  Thank KadyRose