“Rip off and bland”

Ranked #27 of 66 Restaurants in Swords
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I had originally been here with one of the girls I work with in airside when they opened as the rest of the shops where saying they where getting free food or big discounts. We asked got nothing. Even though some of the other eateries around give discounts to staff working in airside. We ordered burgers and fries. We only get an hour break and where left for a long time waiting for our order to arrive! When it did 1 order was big enough for two people so neither of us could finish it. It was bland, dry and just to much to be enjoyable. Because it took half an hour to arrive we had to eat what we could and quickly leave. The waitress asked oh could you not finish and we said no and we didn't realise it would take so long. She agreed on both counts but did not apologise. I went in again by myself and asked was there anything that I could order that would be in adequate time. Only one starter. All this and way overpriced. I'd say mcdonalds will do some damage.

There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went to this restaurant on July 20th for a meal with our children as a treat. The staff were very pleasant and helpful but we found the quality of the food to be very poor compared to recent visits to this restaurant. We ordered loaded potatoes skins to start, these arrived in a hard deep fried condition and could barely be cut with your knife.For the prices charged the food should be of a better standard.Need to do better!

1  Thank Martinm086
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to both the blanch and Stephens green stores which were good but this branch was very poor. Service slow even though it was practically empty. Food bland and cold,overall a bad experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great place, good location. Spur of the moment decision and the kids loved it. Served flat coke to kids otherwise would have been 5 . Waitress was brilliant. 5% sc not an issue. Cheaper than local restaurant where food wasn't half as good! Burgers were brilliant, wings lovely. Chips good. Hard to fault.

Shame others didn't experience the same as us. For lunchtime it was busy.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Server was great. Food was just ok. What really bugged me was when I asked the waiter to add 5% tip onto the already charged 5% service charge. I asked did he get the service charge? No, was the reply. TGI Fridays DOES NOT GIVE THE SERVERS THEIR EARNED SERVICE CHARGE. My guess is they use it to subsidise the wages. DISRGACEFUL. IMMORAL! I WILL NEVER GIVE SUPPORT TO TGI AGAIN. My advice to everyone is to refuse to pay the service charge and give the waiter the cash instead! I'm really disgusted with TGI FRIDAY. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

11  Thank Flanman F