“Could of been good”

Forty Four Main Street
Ranked #20 of 62 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Could of been good”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Got beef, my mate got fish. Arrived with one small plate of veg between us. Service was very bad. We wanted to order more veg when we seen the tiny amount we had got (and some gravy, as dry beef and dry veg dosent really workout) however we never got the opportunity as the waitress dumped our food off and bolted never to be seen agaain. Had to go to the bar and try and pay our bill. Wont be back!!

Visited March 2013

Co.Dublin
“There's still a bit of fairy magic around”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Half way through the meal I asked my Pal how long we had been dropping in to The Hawthorn in Swords for lunchtime. The answer was embarrassing: I will just say Sunday dinner then cost one Pound each and we fed our son off our plates.

It's now called The 44 and a little bit of the fairy magic is still around in the atmosphere and the friendly staff, and the very reasonable prices.

We were there midday in early April. The meal of Spaghetti, Chicken Wrap and my obligatory Burger and Chips was appreciated by all of us: clean plates at the finish.

Trade was brisk, I would say either staff from a business in the town was out for lunch, or maybe it was just a group of people in for a chat. Maybe The 44 is like that most days.

We enjoyed our lunch, but my Guinness was of the soft variety and usually I like more bite in the taste.

But all in all: a nice experience even if it reminded me that I now qualify for Senior Citizen Portions at reduced prices in most restaurants.