“good quality food, and a great pint, excellent staff,”

Forty Four Main Street
Ranked #16 of 62 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
limerick
“good quality food, and a great pint, excellent staff,”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and i stayed for two nights at the Forty Four, the staff could`nt have been nicer, the food was fantastic, beef & vegetable broth was a meal in it self, shank of lamb, was excellent, the full irish does what it says, fills you, there was a lovely athmosphere all over the hotel our room was warm and comfortable and clean, we heard no noise what so ever, , the bed was to nice, we did`nt want to get up in the morning, thanks to everyone of the management and staff we me, we will be back again,

• Visited February 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“ROTTEN MUSSELS/ CAESAR SALAD oh dear!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

On 27th January 3 of us decided to dine at The 44. Two of us ordered from the Early Bird and one from the A la Carte. Oh dear, the start of a complete nightmare.
The Caesar salad came with chicken (none ordered and not even on menu) Returned. It arrived again, (forgot the bacon this time) and was asked if she wanted cheese on it. Our guest got the menu, showed it to the young lady serving and said THAT IS WHAT I WANT please. It arrived again. OH DEAR a head of lettuce, half a rasher (yes rasher) and 4 shavings cheese. Enough was enough. Our guest went straight to the manager. No thank you and no I will not be eating.
NOW for the early bird. The mussels were OFF. The smell of the mussels the colour of the liquid was disastrous. Now all 3 of us had an iffy stomach.
My husband had the cod and I had the chicken. Not bad. But again the creamed potatoes had been covered in salt. Not edible at all.
We have eaten here many times and it was superb. However Monday appears to be an off day for chef. It will be a long time before I put my body through a repeat performance.

Harrogate
“STAYED A COUPLE OF TIMES”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Well stayed here for a total of 4 days and returned a couple of weeks later, lovely hotel and nice bar, rooms tasteful and location great, downside for me was that it can on a weekend get noisey also smokers area is below the rooms so if you have the window open it seeps in, location wise swords is a great place for a few nights as has plenty of bars and takeaways, it is right near the airport and has frequent buses into dublin but they do take a while. If on a flying visit/budget stay would book again.

• Visited December 2013
Swords, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drink but do not eat here!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A friend and I were in Forty Four almost two weeks ago and at approximately 8.30pm my friend ordered the stuffed chicken with chips and I ordered the breadcrumbed cod with chips. The venue wasn't busy with food orders yet we still didn't receive food until 9.20pm. We were given condiments for one and chips were to follow. The chips were luke warm so I asked if we could have new chips. My friends chicken was very dry and my fish tasted like it was originally frozen plus it had almost a centimetre of breadcrumbs on top of it. The tail end of my fish had a mix of fish and breadcrumbs as if it hadn't come off the cooking implement in one piece so the balance was slapped on the serving plate. The waitress finally returned with our chips but they weren't new as I'd asked for, they looked like they'd been thrown back into the deep fryer. We were starving so we ate it. We knew we couldn't get food elsewhere as every other pub had stopped serving otherwise we would've left. When we'd finished a waitress asked how our meal was and I told her it was ordinary. The waitress asked why, what was wrong and I told her for starters the chips were cold so we sent them back. The waitress asked if we said anything to anyone and I reiterated by saying yes, we sent them back and were brought reheated ones back. The waitress continued to awkwardly clear our table and walked off. As nice as the waitress was in general, there was no empathy shown at all, no offer to speak to the manager regarding our bill or anything what so ever. To top everything off, about ten minutes later we were asked to pay the full bill even though we were still sitting there drinking and the place was nowhere near about to close.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MrDreb
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Went here for post match drinks”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went here for drinks after the rugby and found the drinks prices slightly cheaper than other places we had been to. Although we did not eat here they have a good menu as well as an early bird version

Visited November 2013