“Value at its best ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mint Leaf - CLOSED

The Mint Leaf
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Irish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Navan, Ireland
“Value at its best ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Bought a living social deal for 2. Steak on a stone. Says on the voucher you have to ring in advance. When I rang up I was told I did not need to book. Arrived a week later and way met by a rude waiter that told me I should of booked that it was on the voucher. I said nothing. When we sat down his mood changed and he was very nice. Ordered a starter between my partner and I. Portobello mushrooms with cheese. Delicious.. Little bit cold but tasted lovely. The steak on a stone was new to me but was absolutely wonderful. Well presented and 3 different sauces to choice from. Chips were large and chunky. (the way I like them) and all cooked to perfection. My partner must of said that she enjoyed the steak about 20 to 30 times. Finished off we shared a rhubarb and strawberry crumble. Which was also lovely. Could not fault the food. Waiter was on his own for most part of the 2 hours we spent there and while he was coping there could of been more help with the serving.

1 Thank Barryfitz2014

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I ate in the restaurant on the 17th April after purchasing the groupon deal. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff were and the food was amazing. Couldn't fault anything about the restaurant.The steaks were mouth watering and the chunky fries are to die for! The chocolate orange cheesecake is soooo nice!! You have to try it. The manager didn't charge us for our drinks as he said the food was delayed. I never noticed that we were waiting for our food. The waiting staff kept asking if we needed anything. I thought that was such a lovely gesture. Overall we had a great dining experience and I'm looking forward to going back.

1 Thank Dexter12334
“Warm friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Had a selection of starters with a glass if wine as we didn't intend having dinner. Chicken wings, portabello mushrooms, chips and salad washed down with a cool glass of Pinot Grigio. Very relaxing. Monday night only one girl working the floor doing a great job - very friendly. Lovely evening all around. There is a gorgeous room for private parties upstairs with a separate bar looks like a great place to celebrate something. Really enjoyed the evening there.

2 Thank Lindaw65
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently purchased a living social deal for the mint leaf so we decided to go for dinner on Saturday evening. We booked a table for six and was pretty empty when we got in but soon filled up. The food was lovely especially the steak on the stone was a real treat. The deal is on living social for another few days I would highly recommend a purchase

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DM2223
Drogheda
“Really great - A+!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Ate here last Sunday evening. Booked a table for 7pm and was expecting to see the place empty (given Mothers day is just over and Easter is around the corner) however, I was plesntly surprised to see the place full! We had a booth too, which are especially nice. We came here because we had a groupon voucher but found we were treated just like a full-paying customer, which I find rarely happens with these deals. The waitress automatically deducted the groupon amount from our bill without even asking, which was an especially nice touch. Food, atmosphere, service & wine were all great - I couldn't fault a single thing!!