“Convenient location, but pricey”

Dublin Airport Manor
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Paris, France
“Convenient location, but pricey”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

One only stays here for its proximity to the airport, and the location is indeed convenient if you have a rental car to return before your flight. Our triple room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Good wifi in our room. We did not have breakfast there, but we were invited to take free freshly brewed coffee from the dining area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michelle_Doyle2014, Manager at Dublin Airport Manor, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi there,

Firstly thank you for your positive review, we are very pleased that you found us Convenient, Clean and comfortable. I have passed your comments onto our staff also.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards and thanks again,

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Yes a little hard to find but the sat nav did find it..Close to the airport, but not too much traffic noise. Staff very friendly. Room clean and a good size. Secure parking. We thought the breakfast was just ok. Everything else was Great. Thank You. Would stay again!

Room Tip: We had a large corner room in the main hotel building...all good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank heidi m
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a positive review, we really appreciate your comments and hope that they will help to improve our service. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Many thanks,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked blindly looking for quality accommodation that was reasonably priced.What a great surprise to find this gem!!!!
I cannot fault the hotel from the front of house hospitality to housekeeping. The staff are most accommodating, knowledgeable and friendly. Rooms cannot be faulted.I haven't slept as well in years and spotless.
If you want to experience TRUE IRISH HOSPITALITY within a modern establishment- THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!!
The management and staff are true ambassadors for Ireland.
Chris & Richard

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard P
Michelle_Doyle2014, Manager at Dublin Airport Manor, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Chris & Richard,

Thank you from all at the Airport manor for such a wonderfull review. It was lovely having you both as guests. We hope your new home is working out well for you & we look forward to seeing you both in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Temecula, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My friend and I arrived at this truly homey hotel after a long flight and no sleep...we were so pleased when we walked in! The staff, Hazel and Shelley were anxious to accommodate us, giving us hot tea and biscuits while our room was being readied.

This hotel is not within walking distance to stores, and our taxi driver did not find it terribly difficult to find. Hazel baked us a really good pizza that evening, as they have freshly made pizzas brought to the hotel daily. It hit the spot!

The rooms are spacious and free wifi is available throughout the hotel.
Thanks, Hazel and Shelley, you're doing a great job!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank conner909
Michelle_Doyle2014, Manager at Dublin Airport Manor, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I have passed your comments onto our staff. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and we look forward to accommodating you both again in the future.

Thanks and Regards,

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Exceptionally well laid out and comfortable bedroom.....You need to have a car to get there and get directions first! Excellent value for money and a wonderful breakfast. Left the car there for 10 days - safe and secure. Will definitely stay there again and again and.....

Room Tip: Get directions first and look at the map!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robynbyrd
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to maintain a high standard of Cleanliness and customer service. We look forward to having you as a guest again and again and...

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Based on the trip advisor reviews I decided to give this place a chance for a one night stay between flights. I could have stayed at one of the chain hotels (Radison for example) but chose not to and regret that decision. The Wifi actually worked well, I saw some comments on it being spotty in the room and the front desk gal asked if it was ok and said they can have trouble with it sometimes so at least I was able to get some work done. I stayed in the annex which is not quiet as some of the reviews indicate. I could hear all of the conversations in the 4 rooms in the annex and the doors are very squeaky so you can hear all the comings and goings as well as the conversations.

The toilet in my room ran and dripped very loudly all night. This was not actually an issue for me, I was able to sleep through it, but it added to the noise and could be problematic for many folks. My biggest issue was the shower. 2 minutes in, with conditioner in my hair it stopped working. After calling the front desk and being given some ridiculous trouble shooting instructions, they offered to come to the room to look at it (I was in a towel) or have housekeeping quickly clean another bathroom in the annex for me to us. I ended up washing myself in the sink in preparation for a 15 hour travel day when I would have like to have started with a shower. I think the toilet running emptied a water tank because 90 minutes later as I was leaving the room, I decided to see if the shower worked yet and it did. I messed with it for 45 minutes and it did not work, but another 45 minutes of doing nothing and it did....it was extremely frustrating.

I will say the front desk staff is so incredibly nice. They really are sweet and really do try to make it a good stay. I think this is a situation of getting what you pay for in terms of the room and functionality. It was clean enough and comfortable enough, but not having a shower that works 100% of the time on demand is a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review. We appreciate all comments & suggestions as they help us better our service.

I am delighted you were happy with our staff & location. I am also very sorry that you had a bad experience whilst here. I have since had a plumber fix the water issue in the annex building and can assure you that this wont happen again.

From all the staff here at Dublin airport manor we thank you for your review and hope you will come and visit us again the next time you are in Dublin.

Kind Regards

Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself was clean and well priced. The staff tend to give you the wrong information. The road to and from the hotel is very busy and has no walk way. So if you are planning to move around there is no way one can use public transport. Taxi's is the only way to get around which can be pretty expensive for South African travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2Travellers10
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you were pleased with our hotel. I am however sorry that you were disappointed with our location. Perhaps for your next trip to Ireland we could accommodate you in one of our city centre hotels?

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have any queries on this. we appreciate all comments we receive as it helps us to improve our service.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Dublin.

Kind Regards

Michelle Doyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Dublin Airport Manor? Share your experiences!