“Lack of a late shuttle bus from Dublin airport is a problem”

Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Cork, Ireland
“Lack of a late shuttle bus from Dublin airport is a problem”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here on the night before and the night after our trip. Even though the hotel itself is clean and the staff were nice, we had a few issues.

1. When we first arrived to the hotel late in the evening, the room was absolutely freezing. We had hoped to go straight to bed because we had an early flight to catch the next morning, but we had to wait downstairs until the room heated up. The hotel knew that were booked in, so I can't understand why they did not turn on the heating in advance of a customer's arrival.

2. The most annoying part of this hotel is that the shuttle service from the airport finishes at 11pm. We arrived in to Dublin airport at 11:30pm, so we had to pay for a taxi to the hotel, which cost us 10Euros for a mere 1.5km trip. It would make a lot of sense if they just extended the shuttle service for an extra hour. We were not the only customers that night who had the same problem and were also ripped by the taxi journey.

3. Lastly, the hairdryer in our room actually went up in smoke when I tried to use it. This could have been a dangerous accident, so the hotel should probably check these.

Overall, mainly because of the lack of a late shuttle service to the airport, we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Even you staying here for easy access to the airport, be careful to check the times of the shuttle b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CeciliaOM
Premierinndublin, Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your experience with and sincerely apologise.

I am sorry to hear that your room was cold on your arrival. We do pre-heat all our rooms daily and keep our curtains closed in our rooms to deliver on our promise of a comfortable sleep. At Premier Inn it really matters to us that you enjoy your stay and that is why we guarantee your comfort. I do apologise we failed on this occasion

Our shuttle bus is operated by a 3rd party and apologise that last departure time did not meet your needs. The shuttle bus timetable is displayed at our Reception Desk and also in our lifts. Again apologises on this miss- communication.

All the amenities in our rooms are checked daily as per our standard. I am sorry to read that that happended when using the hairdryer.

I would be more than happy to investigate your experience with us further if you can kindly contact me. operationsmanager.dublinairport@whitbread.com

Once again please accept my sincere apologises.

The team and myself do look forward in welcoming you back for a more enjoyable stay.

Ciara Fitzgerald
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Have always stayed in premier inn from London to Dublin,always pleased with locations and rooms but afraid I am very disappointed with customer care after my most recent stay in the Dublin airport inn. Stayed here on sat 28th dec 2013 with family in family room,(which smelt of smoke)however on following morning at 8:30 while proceeding to open air car park on hotel grounds at rear I slipped and fell on upper level on black ice. car park had turned into a ice rink during night and hotel failed to treat this. On informing hotel of same and requesting cctv to be viewed I was informed the cctv was in need of repair ! very assuring,however I was told then that I would be contacted by premier inn accident team directly following week. I am still waiting one month after incident,very disappointed overall to fact that i have been loyal customer for years and would expect same in return. my loyalty with premier inn has ended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest

Following on from our conversation, I once again wish to apologise for any mis-communication of information received.

I do hope through our conversation and the resolution reached that we have moved someway towards restoring your faith with Premier Inn Dublin airport and that we would get the opportunity to welcome you again for a memorable stay for all the right reasons.

If I can assist further in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Clonakilty, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed after late flight. Staff very friendly. Room very good. Breakfast was great as there was a good variety of vegetarian food as well as the normal meat stuff, vegetarian sausages as well as porridge and very good value. Other hotels take note.
Will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at Premier Inn Dublin Airport.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future for another great stay.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in the premier inn last week, it was easily located, very close to a few eaterys, the staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful!! It was very cheap and you definitely get more than what you pay for! The rooms were very clean, and comfortable! The whole experience was very smooth and enjoyable! Will definitely be staying with a premier inn hotel again!

Room Tip: If going to dublin airport, there is apparently a service that you can add the price of parking your...
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which myself and the team were delighted to read that you enjoyed our service, facilities and location.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is our 3rd stay at this particular Premier Inn. The rooms are of a good size and very clean. The beds are large and very comfortable. We have stayed here before taking flights early morning. This time we decided to stay even though our flight was later in the morning. Breakfast was excellent. The best thing about this hoteli s the staff, we have always found them very friendly and helpful particularly the reception staff. in the past they have recommended restaurants nearby which we have continued to use at each return visit. Mastersons in Swords is a favourite.
This time our friendly receptionist Ekvila from Lithuania was so helpful she did our flight check in as I was having difficulty on the tablet. We will definately be back. .

Room Tip: We have stayed in many different rooms and all our good. No noise from the road or corridors.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest

The team were delighted to read your review especially Akvile who thanks you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again for a 4th great stay and many more in the future.

County Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Had a stop over due to an early morning flight, lovely clean hotel and friendly staff, left the car there for a few days and got the shuttle bus, very handly, will definately stay at these hotels again, good value for money

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

We were delighted to read that we continue to deliver on our promise of Great value in a clean and well maintained environment with service delivered by a team who really do care.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

My return visit to premier inn. Yet again room was super clean and comfortable. We had food in the evening - delicious. Staff are super friendly and I had the best sleep ever :) breakfast was lovely, all you can eat which I did !!! I will be returning again :) thanks premier inn.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which myself and the team were delighted to read you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future for many more great visits.

Helen Devlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!