“Good location for airport”

Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Europe
“Good location for airport”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as a stop over before early morning flight

Food good asked for steak which was not on the menu and was accommodated with no problem

Service efficient and friendly

Nice atmosphere in a busy bar for I assume Father's Day lunch

Rooms good size clean and well presented

Overall if I can get the same rate I payed I will not hesitate to stay hear again while in Dublin

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mirrlachs1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Birmingham England
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Roganstown hotel and golf club is definitely one of Ireland's best. They have fantastic staff a friendly welcome and a professional service. The hotel is excellent, it's very busy with weddings and golf but it does not detract from serving its customers with a smile. There staff are brilliant from Nina on the front desk to Kevin the General Manager nothing is to much trouble. We were a party of 18 golfers and everyone wants to go back. Well done Roganstown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SteveBHX
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 June 2014

$69 after paying $140-$217 to stay for 10 hrs we had to stay here because ALL the hotels near the airport were booked, even the Travel Lodge was. Our GPS took us around the world to get there and you actually do go down back road through farm land to get to the place. The restaurant was closed and there is nothing within walking distance but farms. We did the pub which food was to close with in an hour. We each hand a sandwich, Rum/coke and beer for €25. the parking was FREE.

Room Tip: Better here then at the Travel Lodge (gross) and Rad Blu (3x€
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomRIUSA
Ottawa
Reviewed 10 June 2014

By calling itself a 4 star, it did not meet my expectations. Rooms are clean, but sparse with no decor and few updates. It was a large room and as we got a great deal online, we accepted that it was functional. The restaurants are NOT vegetarian friendly - just a basic pasta on offer - and that is not what I would expect from a 4 star. The pool/sauna was not impressive - it smells a little and has a definite "community centre" feeling. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful with suggestions about restaurants in town etc. The one bonus is that if you are staying near the airport, it is a lovely way to be in the country on your last night before an early departure. I went for a walk at sunrise and enjoyed that before a trans-atlantic flight.

Room Tip: rooms facing the golf course offer a nice vista. Note, you can hear the people in the next room (the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
County Laois, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last night and I have to get my experience across to anybody thinking of booking this hotel asap. Although RH&CC is in a good location (near airport but still rural), it is not as described.
The entrance is cold and unwelcoming. Don't be fooled by the sash windows and low lighting, it is grubby and in need of a good carpet wash. Very rough around the edges if you pay any attention at all. Check in was standard but severely lacking in information and had to ask what time food was served to, was the pool still open, what time was breakfast served from as I was not volunteered this information.

The bedroom on first glance is again standard, white, clean linen and spacious with a clean bathroom, again with clean, white towels. The view from our room on the first floor was of the golf course and this was very pretty, especially on a sunny day. However, when I spent a few minutes in the room I began to notice scuff marks on many walls and even parts where paint had chipped off. This is a small thing really as the room itself was clean but the tv did not have the list of channels that the list beside it claimed it did.

The bar was our next port of call for some food and drinks. Firstly, my wine glass was dirty, from both watermarks and somebody else's lip-prints. Then the food...I order a €15 steak dinner which was absolutely dreadful. Though the cut of meat was mostly fatless, it was not cooked medium as I had ordered and was in fact luke warm at most. The thick cut chips were fine but the pepper sauce was basically lumpy gravy with pepper flavour and the onions piled on top of the steak were cooked within an inch of their lives and soggy. Worst of all was the side salad in which I discovered, by chewing on it, a small stone with dirt still on it. Okay, you could say, at least the salad was fresh, but it couldn't have been washed very well. My partners calamari were also cold and limp, processed and from frozen in appearance. He said that they were cooked okay but weren't even luke warm. Yes we still ate it as we were starving and didn't want to cause a fuss on our anniversary.
The breakfast was even worse. We arrived at 7.10am. Breakfast starts at 7am and we figured that we would be early (for once). The dining room had already seated at least 30 other people and we were pointed to an empty table by the solo waitress working that morning. To put things in perspective, this dining hall could seat at least 100 and had one staff member on the floor. 10 minutes after breakfast supposedly starts the bread was gone, the orange and apple juice was gone and the eggs were gone (temporarily). You could tell that they had been there by the crumbs and empty jugs. Just as we walked to the self-service hot breakfast buffet the one waitress arrived with plates to help yourself with your breakfast. The plates were cold and not put into a heater. The beans, bacon and tomatoes were also cold. The sausages were hot. The eggs arrived via the waitress when we had already eaten what was on our plates. No toast, tea/coffee was offered to us and was not available for self-service. We left after waiting another 10 minutes to order our toast/tea. The waitress was serving the other patrons and was very busy doing this but it was too many people for one staff member to cope with alone. A customer beside us asked if omelettes were available as the brochure in the room had said and she replied that she would check. We weren't around to see the answer. I should add that ham, cheese, yogurt, fruit and cereals were available to help yourself too but we had wanted hot breakfasts, and there was no bread to go with the ham/cheese anyway.
At check-out, we were not asked how our stay had been. I cannot comment on the pool/golf facilities as we did not get a chance to try them. I think that maybe people are willing to forgive elements of this hotel as the golf course looks very good and may be the main saving grace for this place. Do not stay here if you want to eat good food!
We were staying there as we were considering it as a wedding venue, but are certainly not considering it any longer.

Room Tip: Order a room with a view of the golf course if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Faith Q
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a group of 18 stayed in the hotel for the weekend.
We were booked all over the hotel.
Our meeting room for the weekend was a bit cramped for 18 people.
The room was very comfortable and bathroom facilities adequate.
The food for dinner on both Saturday and Sunday was beautiful but the breakfast was a disappointment. The hot cooked breakfast was warm at best. There was only fried eggs and when some of us requested scrambled or poached eggs it took 15-20 mins for them to be served.
The only other problem we encountered was with the wifi - very poor connection and it often cut out.
The staff for the most part were helpful & friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have recently stayed here, I really liked to location and the grounds are well kept, it is only 10mins from the airport.
I used the pool which was a added bonus to have during a conference I was attending.

Some rooms were given robes and slippers but not all, it didn't seem to matter the type of room you were in it seemed to be more by chance if you ended up with them.

I do feel though that breakfast could be improved, on the first morning the hot breakfast items were not kept stocked up, there were a number of people in my group that never got eggs, or beans, even though they had pointed out to the waitress that there was none left. It also wasn't terribly busy so I'm not sure what the delay was.

I ate in the restaurant twice and the food was nice, the service on the second day was a bit slow though.

The rooms could do with being soundproofed in some way, I could here the person next door speaking on the phone.

Overall its a nice hotel,the bar and leisure centres are good places to chill out, but if it improved the soundproofing, and breakfast service it would be really good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Carnegie Court Hotel
Carnegie Court Hotel
#4 of 7 in Swords
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links

Been to Roganstown Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!