“Topped off a great day”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Inagh, Ireland
“Topped off a great day”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Sorry to see Bobsuzanne's poor rating of this hotel, as we stayed there the very same night. As visitors from abroad, Bob and Suzanne may have been unaware of the All Ireland Hurling Final that took place on Saturday evening. We got our tickets late on Friday night, so were also slightly shocked by the €229 rate for the night. But, seeing as the counties Clare and Cork had booked out every hotel in the City and even the spartan Travelodge nearby was charging €129 for their last available room (which I missed), we didn't feel overly short changed by the immeasurably more comfortable Carnegie Court Hotel. Yes, there had been a couple of functions at the hotel that day but this is Ireland after all and you expect bars to stay open late. The bar was still lively at 2am when we arrived back from Croke Park, but our second floor room was comfortable and the noise certainly wasn't loud enough to keep me awake.

1 Thank Brigid_Rynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Only room near Dublin Airport €229.00 for the night in a tired old hotel with fading decor, thin walls, bar music vibrated the walls of the hotel till 2:a.m. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at in Ireland, on our last night in Ireland, and it was the worst. Be well advised, do not make our mistake! Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Bobsuzanne
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed one night to attend a party. The room was spotless and spacious. The hotel itself was friendly and the service was excellent. We ate in the restaurant and I have to honestly say that the evening meal was the best meal I have ever eaten in a hotel. Breakfast again was delicious and the restaurant staff were very friendly, pleasant and efficient. This hotel in under rated and I believe it deserves 5 stars!

Room Tip: our room was at the back and there was very little outside noise.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here on business this year.
The hotel staff are kind and friendly particularly the restaurant and bar staff. A special mention must go to Elena and also Marco the restaurant manager. The food is very good particularly in the restaurant. The rooms are clean and tidy. Overall a very pleasant stay once again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am updating this review because I contacted Carnegie Court Hotel FOUR times since we stayed with our complaints and have received absolutely no response. It's clear that this hotel does not care about feedback and satisfaction.

Below is my original review:

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here on August 9th and 10th.

Before arriving I was really looking forward to our stay as I had inquired about a few things via email with Caroline and she was very helpful, even offering to have some sandwiches pre-made as we were due to arrive at about 11pm (after room service finishes).

Upon arrival, we were greeted at the desk in a friendly manner and the girl there said she would send someone up with our sandwiches straightaway. 40 minutes later, still no sandwiches, had to call reception to ask for them again. When we were finished with them, the plate wasn't removed from the room until we left it outside the door on Sunday morning!

Despite requesting a quiet room away from the bar TWICE prior to arrival, we were put in a room right above the bar and so on both nights were kept awake with pounding music and shouting until 3:30am. Earlpugs should be supplied by reception.

Breakfast on Saturday morning was an absolute disgrace. We had to seat ourselves, find someone and ask if they would come over and take our order, had to ask for glasses, spoons, hot toast, clean bowls, butter and more juice as none were available. The staff were so cold and made it very obvious that our requests for standard items were unwelcome and an annoyance. I ordered French Toast which was one of the worst things I've ever tasted: soggy and flavourless.

Dinner on Saturday evening was a mixed bag. One waitress was very friendly and competent, the waiter however was... hard to describe. It was as if he was trying to make things more stressful than they needed to be: he rushed over to our table with the food, slammed the plates down on the table and asked if we needed anything else. My boyfriend asked for a Coke, and I said I was waiting on garlic butter. He rushed away and came back with a Coke with two glasses (why?) and while he was putting those down, a waitress came over with a bowl of veg and said "Sorryyyyyy here's your ve..." and before she could finish the waiter snapped the bowl off of her and slammed it down on the table!

After that, when we wanted to order dessert, the same waitress (the one with the veg) came over to take our order and while we were saying what we wanted, she literally ran away and didn't come back. It was like something out of Fawlty Towers... except not funny. When we went to pay the extra for dinner (we had an allowance of €60 as per our booking offer) we were handed a full price bill. I said that that wasn't right at all and we just got a blank stare and "Oh... are you staying here?".... really? The €60 was then deducted and the woman told us "You DO know you have to pay for the extras...".... again, really? I told her yes I did, and she proceeded to work out the total we needed to pay in the most awkward and drawn out way I've ever come across.

Breakfast Sunday morning was a vast improvement on service and items that were missing the previous morning were plentiful. However the food was still bland and not at all appetizing.

Check out was literally just: "Thanks, bye."

The only positive things I can say about the hotel is that the bathroom was nice and the bed was comfortable but that's it. Not worth the money we paid at all and definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NicoleL1988
London
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed one night to attend a party.
This place is like the tardis the bars go on & on!
We had a bar evening meal (roast) which was delicious & great value.
The room was spacious & I have to say the shower was the most powerful I have ever stood under. We had a great nights sleep as bed was big & comfortable. However a word of caution at this point - bars very busy & late so if we were not attending a function or utilising the bars sleep may be difficult until bars shut.
The staff were friendly & helpful - great Irish breakfast.
Highly recommend this hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week and couldn't of made a better choice as I had the best night sleep I've had in ages, room was lovely and spacious and bed really comfortable. Had dinner in the restaurant and on recommendation went for the aged steak with chunky chips. It was gorgeous followed by Ferreo Rocherr Cheescake. Will defiantly be back this place is a real find.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Grand Hotel Malahide
Grand Hotel Malahide
#1 of 2 in Malahide
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carnegie Court Hotel? Share your experiences!