“Wedding”

Carnegie Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
“Wedding”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Im just back from my honeymoon and i have write this review about the service we got from the hotel on our wedding day,from the very first day we booked with Alan the hotel has gone out of its way to look after us .The minute we arrived at the hotel to the last dance Teresa was there on hand guiding us through our day .I am still getting phone calls from family and friends saying what a great day they had and complementing the food and service,all in all I could not say enough about the staff and the service we got.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I visited here in April for a party it was the most depressing pub I have ever been in when you left the party area you were left in sheer empty darkness from the empty bar areas that are all closed off . But the best was the finger food a plate of mess I would call it not even hot I passed that food by the way , just glad I wasn't paying for it

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank maxclancy
Mullagh, Ireland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I booked our wedding reception and the honeymoon suite for the 15th April, we met with the manager Marco a couple of weeks prior to the day and went through the menu's and timings. It was a small function but we was assured all the stops would be pulled out to make our day memorable...we were shown the early bird menu and told to pick a couple from the starters and mains then told it would be 23.99 per head....later I rang to confirm as the menu clearly stated 20.50 per head, I also asked why we were being restricted in choice if we were picking from the menu and why we were being charged more for the privilege...this time Oana the co manager stepped in and agreed with me and confirmed we could have the full choice of menu at the menu price. The meal was exceptional....it warrants its own review but i'm lazy so am just pointing that out now :) We was told our cake that had been delivered previously would be on a table laid out - it was forgotten and we had to ask them to get it where it was unceremoniously dumped on a nearby table....it short, we were treated to a restaurant service. The let down was the hotel.....we booked the honeymoon suite and considering we were told they'd really help make our wedding day a memorable one...there wasn't even as much as a mint on the pillow.......the furniture in the room was shockingly outdated, dark and cheap looking....as was the room. I'd have no hesitation at all recommending the hotel, the food is amazing and the staff are friendly and attentive....the hotel rooms...ugh.

Room Tip: Choose one in premier inn up the road, cheaper and lot more comfy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daz P
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch today, and the carvery was gorgeous. Great value for money at €10.50c each and good portions. Everything seemed freshly cooked and the veg was al dente, which I find it rarely the case with carverys.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week and was very impressed with the hotel overall! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, rooms were spotless and the food at breakfast and in the courtyard restaurant was top class! I am looking forward to returning again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

met friends for few drinks and food plus stayed over night which cost us 110 bed only for 1 night.. room was so cold smelt bad tiles in bathroom broke no spare bed covers so we were cold all night. we spent a fortune , we used the 10 euro discount if you buy bar food over 50 euro our bill came to 120 but we were told platters from the bar was not bar food.. go figure.. after a row we got 10 off it but it wasnt the point of 10 euro it was the matter of principal at this stage..we have stayed at this hotel a few times but always said its not great but that will defo be the last time i go near the place..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cork
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stay here quite a bit on business. I'm yet to find a place that ticks all the boxes like they do. Good service, great value, clean and the food is good too. I've stayed elsewhere when they're booked up but always go back so I guess that says enough!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
#1 of 2 in Malahide
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,485 reviews
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links

Been to Carnegie Court Hotel? Share your experiences!