“Easy Peasy Dublin”

Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed 21 May 2012

There are few things I desperately need when it comes to hotels: free wifi, and an airport shuttle. This hotel has both. I found the restaurant food to be delicious. Being in Europe I expected a minuscule room for the price I paid. It was quite a large room, the bathroom even sporting a bathtub.

Despite there being an airport shuttle, I would highly recommend renting a car. The nearest shop is about two miles down the motorway.

Heads up: The vending machines do not except notes, only coins.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
BrianErb, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We work harder than ever to make our guests happy and comfortable especially now that we are a 4 star property under the new brand Clayton Hotel Dublin airport and we appreciate all your feedback always! We would love to be your host again sometime in the future and you can see what new and wonderful things we have done to our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We recently stayed here after getting a great rate for overnight and parking for 8 nights (no breakfast) of E79.Had a bit of trouble finding it as I expected it to be nearer to the actual airport (its 3km away).Once you get there its fine, the shuttle runs every half hour or so.
It was early evening on a tuesday when we arrived,not too busy around.
Reception is in an open plan area incorporating the bar/lounge area and Restaurant nearby.
We went to Check in and were greeted (or more correctly NOT greeted) by a petite,brunette whose vocabulary seemed only to consist of one syllable answers. No information was forthcoming. I had to ask her about the parking ticket, shuttle times etc even then she answered me like I was annoying her. I looked to my right while this process was ongoing and there was a charming blonde,male receptionist being SO nice to two ladies I said to myself "why could i not have got him!!!!!"
Anyway we soldiered on to our room,and though basic enough it was better than I thought.No toiletries but it did have Tea/coffee maker.
Then we proceeded to the bar for some light meal it has lovely seating and is very comfy our waitress (grace) was lovely she could NOT have done more,but my bread on Club sandwich came very burnt.Overall we were not happy with the food, it was a bit tasteless.We didnt complain (this time).
Had a good nights sleep no noise etc and were up and off in the shuttle early.
Oh yes the shuttle drops you at the shuttle park area past Terminal 1.We had a fair distance to walk back to Terminal 2 with 4 bags,Buggy and tired 3 year old to carry,I dont know why the driver could not ask "who wants T2?" "Who wants T1"etc. Its a simple solution and not much extra hassle for anyone,that I can think of.Maybe management could look at this.
Anyway we went happily on our hols.......BUT every good hol comes to an end and we had to return to Bewleys to collect the car.Got Shuttle AGAIN after walked the long trek back to shuttle area (with even MORE bags haha).Got to Hotel,packed up the car with the bags,spoke to nice,blonde guy at reception about validating the parking ticket (yes he WAS still charming).
Then proceeded to Bar area and ordered something different from the menu in the hope of a different result but alas....My "gourmet" beef sandwich at approx E9 was full of fatty, grisly bits I spent more time trying to cut these bits off so it went cold and I just gave up.Our waiter was a nice young lad and when he came to collect plates etc I DID complain this time.He took my plate to the Manager and in fairness the price was removed from the bill....but I went home hungry. So all in all not bad, just avoid the food.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank spud0972

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have started to stay here a lot as it represents very good value for money. the food is good, but they need to vary the menu a bit, always seems to be the same. a 4 week cycle should be introduced I feel. staff are very friendly, but my experience is different every time. example, I had to pay for parking on three visits, and havent had to since.... I was on the same rate/package in all cases. when I pointed this out, I was told they would look into it. I also feel it is a bit of a liberty to ask guests to pay for parking in the first place, but maybe thats just me.another example, once I got a large cappucino after my meal, the next time a small, and last week was not offered it at all. a further example, I got a desert one day, the next time, i was told I could have two as that was part of the package, the next it was back to one. these may seem pithy issues, but I want my experience in the hotel to be the same (consistency guys!) every time, this is why I choose to go back to the same hotels, and why I will avoid some.One more thing, they have this thing they do where you have a double and a single in the room, but the double has two single duvets on it.... very annoying! This is consistent and I am at a loss as to what that is about.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The location to the airport is ideal for business use. However to get into Dublin Center is difficult. There aren't any shuttles so you have yo go by taxi or go back to the airport and catch a bus.
The lounge area is enormous and always full of guests and the atmosphere is very relaxed. There are a few quirks with room safes not working (we changed rooms 3 times) and not all front desk clerks are equal with their ability. For the money a decent value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Bewleys is an airport hotel which primarily caters to business and international travelers. It does it very well. We have been there twice, both times while flying out of Dublin. The shuttle works well and they are helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. The food is better than most of this ilk. The desk staff was very helpful. They did not charge for checking luggage for a week. It is not a taste of Ireland, It is what it is.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel before an early morning flight from Dublin Airport.
The shuttle service to Airport was first class.
Food in the restaurant was excellent if a bit pricy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here recently after flying in to Dublin on a late flight. Got to the hotel about 1am, took about 20 minutes to check in as there was a queue and a lady was arguing over the car park fees. On the way to the room, I noticed the smell of cigarette smoke and our room really smelt of smoke when we went in. Beds where confortable but there were no toiletries in the bathroom, just a dispenser with soap! I didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Kind regards, Catherine Roche

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport

Been to Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!