“EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY,WONDERFUL BREAKFAST” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 19 Swords B&B and Inns
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY,WONDERFUL BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Jimmy and Mary are the perfect hosts, within good location of easy access to Dublin
wonderful bed and breakfast,spacious rooms,5 star breakfast, home from home!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

My daughter and I stayed there the night before a relatively early flight from Dublin Airport. We arrived quite late . We were offered ( and accepted ) a pot of tea with madeira cake. It was a lovely gesture. Our room was spacious with everything one might need - lovely bathroom , tv, tea/coffee making facilities ( with a jar of biscuits ) and very very comfortable beds. Our breakfast was delicious and it was a great set up for the day travelling which faced my daughter. The house is in a rural area with only a short drive to the airport. I will def be returning as it was a much more pleasant experience than staying in a soulless hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cailinruadh
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

I absolutely loved Evergreen. My friend and I only stayed here because it was the last day of a two week trip, and we wanted to be close to Dublin Airport, but it turned out to be a highlight of the trip. Even tho it is near the airport (and very easy to get from it to the airport) it is in the countryside and very quiet, with a huge field behind it. The biggest factor in my opinion was the host, Jimmy. He was so very accommmodating, helping carry our luggage in and then serving us tea and scones in the beautiful breakfast room. I asked if I would be able to check in on line, and he let me use his personal computer in his private rooms. The second factor was the setting - a first floor room with a sliding door out onto a patio facing a gorgeous field. The room was big and the beds were comfortable. The third factor was the friendliest cat in Ireland. I never learned his name, but he was adorable and wanting attention. We really felt like we were visiting some long lost friends, and we left Ireland feeling content and fulfilled.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

What a Nice Real Irish Couple running this place. I called up later in the evening looking for a room for the Night. I was leaving the next day for the airport & wanted something nice & close. I wish I started my trip here. I was made to feel so welcome & was offered food & drink as soon as I got there. I felt like I was at one of my relatives houses. My breakfast was pipeing hot & huge. The warmth & atmosphere was Brilliant. For all the yanks like myself the room I was in was toasty warm. I wish I started my trip off here instead of ending it here.
I will definately come back my next trip back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Dunn, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

The Evergreen B&B was the last place my wife and I stayed during our two week vacation to Ireland. It was chosen due to it being near Dublin and the airport. To my surprise, it turned out to be a great bed and breakfast and I attribute this to Jimmy. He was a great host who was more than willing to help out and provide information. My wife and I were planning to go to Dublin on our last day, Jimmy suggested that he take us to the Swords bus stop, catch the express to Dublin, where to get tickets for the Hop On and Hop Off Bus Tour, how to catch the express back to Swords later in the day. As it turned out it was a wonderful suggestion, I did not have to drive, we saw alot of Dublin, and it was all stress free. My wife and I were leaving early in the morning to catch our flight back to the States and to my surprise Jimmy had gotten up early to provide us breakfast before we left. The B&B bedroom was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The only item I can think of that may be a concern for some is the bed and breakfast is o utside of Swords, 2-3 kilometers, but I had no problems since I had a car. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed at the Evergreen for the night prior to our departure from Dublin. It is a fantastic location for flying in/out of Dublin. I might even stay here as a base to travel into Dublin for a day or two sightseeing. Despite being close to the airport, it is very quiet, located in a rural setting, and surrounded by farm fields golf courses, and trees. Don't worry about being out in the middle of nowhere though-Swords is only a 10 minute drive and has shopping, restaurants, and places to fill up your rental car before returning it. It can be a little difficult to see the driveway if you are coming in at night. However, I plugged the coordinates (provided on their website) into my GPS and it took me right to the entrance with no problem. The rooms are very clean and roomy and have a somewhat :rustic" feel with their wood floors, paneling, and furniture. I believe that all of the rooms are ground level-very easy to move your luggage in and out of by taking it around to the patio doors thereby avoiding dragging it through the breakfast room. Jimmy is a great host-friendly, helpful with advice and directions, and accommodating and serves a good breakfast. The Internet connection works great in the rooms. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

Evergreen is the perfect place to stay while in Dublin. It is conveniently close to many attractions and the airport. Mary and Jimmy are the perfect hosts. We appreciated the quiet evenings after a hectic day in Dublin. The Irish breakfast gives you enough energy to walk around Dublin City for hours. Bring a sweater as the Irish summer is a bit cool. We will definitely return as Evergreen exemplifies the famous Irish hospitality.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#4 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,572 reviews
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Evergreen Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!