“Not to be found anywhere else”

Flowerhill Equestrian Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our TripAdvisor page. I am Oliver Walsh and for the past 15 years I have welcomed visitors from all over the world to Flowerhill Equestrian Centre in Co Galway, Ireland. Visitors come for the hospitality, willing and fit horses, extensive cross country horseback riding facilities and relaxed and happy atmosphere. Flowerhill is based in 250 acres of beautiful east Galway country side. We are surrounded by the best possible cross country horse riding land - green fields, woods, the Kilcrow river, and wonderful wildlife. You can gallop across open fields, swim through the lake and splash in the Kilcrow river, scaring away the fish as you go. Our fences are a mixture of natural logs, stone walls, ditches and a variety of man made obstacles, including giant bananas! Most of the 150 fences include 2 or more options, so whether you are a nervous novice or confident competitor, we will cater for your needs. The riding standard varies from novice cross sountry, through intermediate, right up to advanced open. All riders need to be confident at walk trot and canter, therefore Flowerhil is not for the absolute beginner.Ride with us by the hour, a full day of 2 or 3 rides per day, or stay with us and chill out for a week or more. Rides usually go out daily at 10.00am and 1.30pm, and we change the rides to suit our customers needs. Horse riding variations include show jumping and dressage tuition, cross country workshops, exercising the hounds and hacking down to the local pub, where there are stabling facilities while we enjoy a pint and toasted sandwich. Private cross country or show jumping clinics for an individual rider can also be arranged. Over the years many of customers return again and again to enjoy the fun.
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not to be found anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I just had the most fantastic riding holidays ever. I spent a week at Flowerhill, doing a lot of cross country riding and improving on it more than I could have dreamt before. Greatly recommended! I really enjoyed Oliver`s advice and his wonderful horses - I felt very confident during each ride. As a single traveller, I had a lot of fun with the other riders - I even had a chance to accompany them to Blackfort Hunter Trial. Will come back for a hunt sometime!

Visited April 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Made the trip perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My husband, two young teenagers and I had a cross country lesson here a few days ago- it was superb! The horses are really well-schooled and know their job. Oliver is a great teacher- gave some great tips but he is actually quite cautious so there was no danger of any nasty falls. I got huge confidence from it and wanted to go again! Just hope I can keep some of the confidence with me...and the weather was fab which helped.all in all, really good value- you can't put a value on the confidence you'll get from riding here.

Visited April 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Now if you are a rider that is interested in developing your skills in crosscountry, there is no better place to go than Flower Hill! If you are a nervous jumper, they have horses to reassure you, if you are a novice- they have experienced horses, if you are skilled they have horses to match any level and if you love Hunting, as I do, the hunts they have are brilliant fun!

Visited February 2012