“Gibbon's Sunday Dinner”

Gibbons' Pillar House Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Ballinasloe
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Pillar House offers a comfortable atmosphere with first class food and drink served by friendly staffWe pride ourselves on providing delicious homemade wholesome cooking with a range to suit every taste & pocket!There is live entertainment every weekend and our page is updated each week with our upcoming performers.We have a very special Traditional Music Session on a Sunday Evening at 6pm. The session is led by Roscommon men John Wynne on Flute and Frank Kelly on Piano Accordion and are also regularly joined by Patsy Hanley on Flute.As well as a full Bar & Restaurant there are also 15 En-suite Rooms, including family rooms are
Reviewed 11 March 2014

On sunday 9th March, after doing a Bootcamp in the morning and a 3 mile charity run in the afternoon - I was starving. Accompanied by my wife, who had done a 6 mile charity run we went to Gibbon's Pillar House Restaurant. We had the soup and lovely home made brown bread for starters and I had Beef, vegatables and Potatoes for the main course. My wife had salmon, sweet potato, etc,. The food was delicious and the servings were generous. Kathyrn served us with a friendly smile and ensured that everything was to our liking. Great place for a meal and a drink afterwards.

2  Thank Liam R

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This has to be the best place to get good gastro grub . The portions are very big :-). The staff are very friendly and helpful.

3  Thank p4ul75
Reviewed 6 March 2014

dined here last week,
food excellent, staff very friendly and nice atmosphere,
menu is great and prices are affordable.
I definately will be back.

pjg

1  Thank patrick090
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Have started having dinner here at weekends with the kids and hubby. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Place is spotless and relaxing. And I have never had a bad meal here. Have to say I highly recommend their Chicken Stir Fry! Great, affordable, place to eat out. No where else compares in Ballinasloe.

3  Thank antogallbee
PillarHouse, Manager at Gibbons' Pillar House Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Many thanks for your comments, I'm delighted that you and your family enjoy your visits to The Pillar House. I'm glad you so enjoy the stir fry, definitely one of my favourites as well ! I will certainly pass your comments to the rest of the team and look forward to having you and your family to visit again.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have eaten in Gibbons several times recently, both during the day and at night time. On each occasion the food has been delicious. Good menu offering lots of variety. Prices are incredibly reasonable for the standard of food served. Wine list is small but perfectely adequate and like the food very reasonably priced. Aswell as being a lovely friendly local pub, its a real treat to get served such really good top notch food in such unassuming surroundings. The staff are exactly what good staff should be like - attentive, pleasent and genuinely nice. I can highly recommend Gibbons for food and drinks that will not dissappoint.

1  Thank bopsGalway

Many thanks for posting your review on Trip Advisor and we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Pillar House. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.