“Great staff and cosy room”

Gullane's Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ballinasloe
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Weather and poor road conditions necessitated an overnight stay in Ballinasloe as I was on my way home from Galway one evening. The lady on reception is a real asset as is the young barman, both so friendly and made an unplanned stay very pleasant for a weary traveller. Bar food was good as was the good selection of wines by the quarter bottle. Room was very cosy, love the sloped dormer roof and I slept really well. I will stay here next time I am in the area on business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lollypops12

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Best hotel in Ballinasloe or even east Galway by far. Family owned and managed. Clean and comfortable, modern fittings, staff always available and happy to help you with any request. I have stayed at Gullanes a number of times over the years, I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in the area.
Great breakfast provided in residents dining room and other home cooked food served all day into the evening in the bar on the premises.
This hotel is in the middle of the town with parking adjacent to the hotel. Stay with confidence.

Room Tip: Don't really know, every room I have had has been good. Aware that there are functions sometimes...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Collette G
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went for a meal in gullane's hotel,Galway at the weekend.Made very welcome by the staff,and owner. The food was lovely,,the tables were clean and the seating were comfortable ..also warm.The care and attention is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowman742
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have had occasion to stay in Gullanes occasionally and must say the care and attention is excellent. The room was comfortable, clean and cosy and the breakfast was the best I have had in a long while. Tomas and Caroline are excellent hosts.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank suitseir
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We only used the bar/restaurant area of this establishment.
The service was with a smile (always a good sign). The tables were clean and the seating comfortable.
To enter we were signalled urgently to come in quickly as they were about to close their doors as a mark of respect to the approaching funeral.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was pricing around different hotels for a new years break and this hotel by far had the most helpful receptionist , a young friendly,chatty girl by the name of Chloe if my memory serves me correct. A great first impression was made and she is a credit to your business. She made me want to come and stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aoife o
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I recently had a new baby in Ballinasloe hospital. I made it my business to dine in Gullanes four evenings in a row. I ordered Guinness and Seafood Chowder among other things every evening - simply the best chowder I have ever had, and can't recommend it enough. Our first baby was born two and a half years ago, and that was when I discovered Gullanes. The hotel has the same staff and the same Chowder since my last visit and Tomas the proprietor even remembered me. If you have any reason to be in Ballinasloe, or just need a travel break between Dublin and Galway (via N6) make a stop in Gullanes !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Caleb C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinasloe
Shearwater Hotel
#3 of 9 in Athlone
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
#1 of 3 in Loughrea

Been to Gullane's Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!