Gullane's Hotel & Conference Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Shearwater Hotel(Ballinasloe)
US$106
US$93
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$133
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfamily functionfamily run hotellamb shankreceived a very warm welcometop classa wonderful place to stayfood was lovelysalmonnice breakfastfull irish breakfastcooked breakfasttea and coffeelovely roomone night staybar foodlast weekendwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Stayed in Gullanes with a party of 18 family and friends recently. Got a very good deal for 2 nights bed and breakfast and 1 evening meal. We arrived early and were checked in by very pleasant receptionist. As we were waiting for rest of our party to arrive we had sandwiches and baquettes in the bar area. No complaints there, nicely presented, very fresh and not a bad price. Our room was on the 3rd floor which was serviced by a lift. The room had a double and single bed, a tiled bathroom with plenty of hot water and the usual toiletries. Room was cleaned to a very high standard. We ate in the bar that evening. Only complaint there was that the "joint of the day" was lasagne. However, have to say the food was delicious. Some of our crowd went to the Chinese Restaurant a few doors down and were very impressed with the food. The breakfast is help yourself cereals and juice. The waitress brings you full Irish breakfast, toast and tea or coffee. The breakfast staff were great. As part of the package we had 1 evening meal included. There was choice of soup or salmon salad. Both were delicious. Main course was choice of steak (which was huge), chicken in parma ham which was served with croutons and real creamy white sauce or salmon. There was a nice selection of vegetables, boiled potatoes, garlic potatoes and chips. There was pepper sauce and gravy. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff serving. Again a nice selection of desserts and tea or coffee. Everybody was stuffed and no complaints whatsoever. Overall had a very enjoyable stay and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank erinDublin
Reviewed 29 August 2009

This was our first trip to Ireland, and we stayed here on our first three days in the country. We went as a large (8) family group. The photos on their web site are far better than the actual appearance, although it was clean and neat enough. On our first night, which was a Monday, after discovering that all of the restaurants in town were closed (there are really only a couple of Chinese take-out places, a bakery and a pizza place) we decided to eat at the hotel. We were not greated by anyone when we entered. There appeared to be some sort of buffet being served in the back, but the choices were limited. We seated ourselves at a table that looked neither like it was part of the bar nor part of the restaurant. We got drinks at the bar and sat down. The bartenter did come to the table and we questioned him about the menu that was posted on the front of the building. Most of those selections were not available due, apparently, to a large wake that was taking place that evening. He was very pleasant, though, and offered us a few choices. He was very attentive, pleasant and friendly. No other staff looked in on us. He learned that it was our first day in Ireland and gave us a complimentary "real" Guinness beer to try (one for the group). We learned that he was from Hungary and was going to return there the following day. Shame. The rest of the service during our stay was average. Some of our room windows faced the parking lot. Every night it was very noisy right outside our windows until 1:00 am, not to mention the cigarrette smoke coming in. Besides the hotel, I found the town of Ballinasloe to be quite run down and depressing. Everything closes at 5:30 pm. Nothing much to see. We were so happy to find that all of Ireland was not like this place! On a positive note, they do have free Internet access and the water pressure in the showers was great!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2008

As I travel a lot I tend to choose b&bs over hotels but I always have made an acception with Gullanes.Very handy 1/2 way stay between Dublin and West .Rooms alweasy good and warm,clean and tidy,good corporate rates and decent but plain breakfast.Enjoy having a pint in Gibbons just a few doors down and overall i find Gullanes a good friendly place.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My brother and I stopped for lunch in Gullanes on Sunday 10th August 2008. When we walked in we discovered there was carvery lunch being served at the back of the bar area.

We queued up and when i got to the front of the queue i asked the lady behind the counter if the menu pasted to the front of the carvery glass was still being served.
She grunted a very unfriendly yes. I then ordered the fish and nuggets and chips for my brother. We paid and sat down.

I had my meal almost finished and the nuggets still hadnt arrived. I asked a passing waitress to get them for me and she went off to the kitchen without a word. We waited a further 5 minutes until finally they arrived with no apology from the waitress for the delay.

I then stopped another waitress that was passing for a portion of mashed potato for my brother. She looked at me as if i had 10 heads and asked what i meant by a portion. I told her a scoop of mash would be enough. When she brought back the mash I noticed that her hair was not tied back and that she was wearing open toed shoes ( health and safety??). She rudely dumped the plate of mash on the table and didnt reply when I said thanks.

Overall this is the worst experience I have ever had in a Hotel. The staff were discourteous and rude. When I asked to speak to the manager i was told that Catherine was over there somewhere with a vague wave of a hand.

On a positive note the food was good but this was completely overshadowed by the terrible treatment we received from the staff. I personally will never return to this Hotel and I will advise my friends to do the same.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
6  Thank lisacinera
Reviewed 1 February 2008

We came from Dublin to have our son Christened in Ballinasloe as it is my husbands home town and we chose Gullanes hotel as the venue for the 'after party'. 12 members of my family stayed in the hotel and could not have spoken more highly of the accomodation, service and above all value for money. Tomas the owner was personally tending to the needs of three christening parties on the day and provided little added extras which most other hotels would have charged for. The food was very good and again excellent value. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a family function or a very affordable and well run place to stay .

4  Thank Aileen G