“Really beautiful.”

Rosleague Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a truly wonderful house in a stunning location. It was a mystical soft day when we stayed with a curtain of mist flowing down the mountains.You would be hard put to find a more natural, wild location which is so close to such beautiful raw nature. If you like the bright lights, noise, crowds and shops ... then skip Rosleague!

I was a little off when we were shown our room as I thought it would be noisey being on the ground floor right beside the front door corridor and near reception. Not a bit of it. It has it's own inner hallway and so we didn't hear a thing. Our room was big, comfy and welcoming with a very clean bathroom. Personally I prefer a more modern bathroom but it worked fine for us!

The furnishings, including our bedroom, are a wonderful collection of antiques and furniture that reminded me of my own house growing up. You just do not furnish houses like these from Ikea!!

You will find a sense of peace descend over you as soon as you freshen up, take a walk to the lake and you soak up the wonderful views. Connemara is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.

There is no bar as such and perhaps this may need to be looked at. Drinks before dinner in the bright conservatory and then to table in a charming setting, to be served by two of the most lovely ladies we have ever had the pleasure to be served by. There was a rather bizarre incident during dinner from Chef which made the ladies cringe and apologise profusely. But this did not detract from our overall experience. The terrific owner Ray called me later to offer apologies and this was appreciated and so professional.

We highly recommend Rosleague for that get away from it all with not a care in the world atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just left the Rosleague Manor after a delightful 5 night stay.

The hotel is beautifully situated on a hill above Letterfrack, very near Kylemore Abbey. It is an easy and beautiful drive from Knock airport. It isn't really walking distance by road to a local bar ( we didn't investigate any of the short cuts - not sure how easy they would be)

The general impression of the house is welcoming, relaxed - I would describe it as "lived in"

We stayed in room one, upstairs with a beautiful view ( see picture) the room is spacious and well equipped, if a little tired looking. Slightly chilly in the evening. The wifi didn't seem to work in our room (walls are thick!) but we were able to pick it up in the bar and restuarant.

The bathroom is big! The most amazing Edwardian shower which was scary looking but remarkably effective. Would be good to have a shaving/ makeup mirror. Towels and toiletries are replenished daily and housekeeping is of a good standard.

The bar is a lovely, conservatory with candles and fairy lights in the evening which are a nice touch. The dining room is delightful. Breakfast and dinner are of a high standard, very good wine choices and service is attentive and friendly.

Our whole experience was relaxed and peaceful - this is the place to come if you are in need of a stress free break- Connemara is so beautiful to explore and lovely to come back to Rosleague Manor after a hard day exploring!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nospringchicken
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My brother had his wedding reception in Rosleague in September 2012. He booked out the hotel for his family and guests for two nights and it truly was one of the best wedding's I've ever been to... I enjoyed it so much that my Hubby and I booked the hotel out for two nights in May 2014 for our big day.

As we currently reside in Darwin we were a bit anxious about all the planning and organising from so far away but Mark and all his wonderful staff honestly couldn't have made it easier for us. I am aware that weddings there are very popular and they know the ropes and in's and out's but there was a lovely personal touch and nothing was too much of an issue. I really found that communicating with them was so straightforward, there were no grey areas and they made me feel really confident about the actual day of the wedding.

The day was beautiful from start to finish. So many of my guests commented on how fantastic the venue and food was. The staff were so friendly, helpful and efficient and I was surprised to see that the majority of them that were there were the same staff that were working at my brother's wedding. Mark even informed me that it was the same Chef in the kitchen... A testament to how loyal they are to the place!

A big thing for me about Rosleague is the conservatory, as night-time loomed on the day of the wedding, the lights dimmed and the fairy lights shone. The music started and everyone was out dancing enjoying themselves. It's a great funky room and intimate and cosy too. Needless to say the dancing didn't stop till 4am!

I could write so much more about Rosleague but it's the kind of place that you have to see with your own eyes. Words don't do it enough justice! My friends and family say that we will all have to go back a few years down the line for a reunion in memory of 'the best wedding ever'... I hope it'll happen!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Grace O
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is an outstanding hotel in an ideal location. Situated on the water with fantastic views of the surrounding countryside the manor itself is full of charm, relaxing and welcoming. The whole experience is brought together by Mark and Loretta and their staff who go out of their way to look after you. The restaurant, quality of food and wine list are of the highest order and there's no better place to sit with a Guinness and let the world pass you by!
Steve and Lesley.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I live in Australia and we booked Rosleague Manor for our wedding in April 2014. From the first contact with Mark and Loretta we were reassured that we had made the right choice.

We were blown away by the hotel and grounds when we visited (2 weeks before the wedding). The wonderful old charm of a manor house with none of the gloomy corners or dull rooms. As we had booked all rooms we had a peek at each bedroom, the newly renovated bedrooms and bathrooms were superb and beautifully complemented the original fittings throughout the house.

During the wedding itself we were guided and managed subtley and very professionally by Mark and the staff and every single detail was taken care of. As it was a family event we had a diverse age group from children to golden oldies and the hotel appealed to all, as a romantic destination and a family break. We had three family rooms and the children were delighted with the space, they loved the garden and the childrens dining options.

The wedding menu and the dining room menu were fantastic, it was a delight to know our Aussie friends and family were experiencing the best of Irish produce cooked to perfection ( I have been dreaming of cleggan crab claws since)
I cannot recommend highly enough Rosleague Manor - the accomodation, the location, the food and the service are second to none.

If you are thinking of booking Rosleague Manor for a break or an event - just do it!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a first class hotel in a terrific coastal location within easy driving distance of some dramatic scenery. The hotel is housed in a fine Georgian building which has been restored and furnished to a very good standard. The gardens are nicely stocked and there is access to the shore by a easy and short path. Public rooms are welcoming with real turf or simulated coal fires. The bar and conservatory are nicely fitted and the dining room is a delight. Our ground floor room was spacious and very well equipped. Free wifi worked everywhere. The standard of service was very good and the food excellent. Very little to add and nothing to fault. Two nights was too short a stay and we will certainly try to visit again another year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I were traveling by car along the coast to see the Atlantic Ocean. All of a sudden I see "Hotel and Restaurant" with an arrow pointing to the right .I said this must be on the water lets go have a drink. Indeed it was! what a beautiful and enchanting place. The owner Mark, third generation was very warm and accommodating. It was the day of our 25th wedding anniversary and we decided to be a couple of rogues that day. We then decided to stay for dinner after viewing the menu and the dining room, oh the dining room! I felt like i was dining with the mistress of the house and her guests. The" Lady" in the portrait presides over the gathering of travelers and friends. The service was in the style of traditional Irish hospitality, welcoming. We did not get to view the rooms due to the fact they were full on a Wednesday, I can see why. If we return to Ireland, we will come back here and stay for more than dinner. Thank you Mark for making our anniversary special, Cheers."

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Renvyle House Hotel
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
Delphi Resort
Delphi Resort
#1 of 4 in Leenane

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!