“beautiful setting”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Limerick, Ireland
“beautiful setting”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel has a beautiful location. You will be swept away by the splendour of the area. it is a lovely old house and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food is good and our stay was very pleasant. A lovely place for a relaxing break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marguerite12345

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dublin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I booked Rosleague Manor for a one night relaxing break. The house is in a wonderful location with beautiful views. The food in the restaurant was beautiful and could not be faulted. The staff were mostly very polite and the manager in particular was very friendly. However, we were disappointed with our bedroom, the impractical layout and in particular the following:

1. the room was quite shabby - stains on the carpets, on the furniture, unappealing bed linen.
2. no dressing table - there was a dressing table of sorts but no mirror, no chair which is really inconvenient for the ladies- there was no mirror beside a socket to style hair etc.
3. the shower did not work properly - there was little to no pressure in the shower and we had to play around with it for circa 10 minutes to get any flow of hot water which was ridiculously light. I alternatively ran a bath and the water was really discoloured - I have stayed in country houses before where this is the case but those bathrooms have contained a note explaining why and that the water was perfectly safe to bathe in - I would suggest that the same is done here.
4. the television was in a separate area with a second single bed and an old couch. As a result the television could not be seen from the main area with our double bed. The couch was stained and had rips on the front which was really unappealing to sit on.
5. the saving grace of the room was a beautiful bathroom.

I spoke with the lady on the front desk early in the day about the possibility of moving to a different room, I was told that the room beside ours was free and to go up myself and have a look at it and see what I thought - she was quite blasé with my request and didn't really make any genuine attempt to relocate us. While the room was certainly prettier, the bathroom was grubby and unappealing so we stayed in the room we were in. The manager later provided a bottle of wine with our dinner to apologise that the room didn't meet our expectations and this was appreciated.

Over all, Rosleague Manor is a beautiful location and has so much potential but really needs to fine tune the little details. We have stayed in many Blue Book properties and old country houses and love their quaint charm but, at the same time, a degree of luxury is expected when paying such prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Melsie1
St Paul, MN
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was our second stay at Rosleague Manor Hotel. A perfect place for romantic get away, anniversary, or just plan relaxing. Mark and Loretta took wonderful care of us again, arranging for us to have the same room that we were in last time, per our request. The house is charming. The grounds breathtakingly manicured, with flowers and shrubs of so many varieties. The dining room is five star with comfort as an added bonus. The sun room is so comfortable and relaxing, we spent hours relaxing there. The wait staff are all accomodating, friendly, professional, and interact in typical Irish fashion. A trip to Connemara area would not be complete without staying at Rosleague Manor Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregs0n
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from a four-night stay with a group at Rosleague Manor Hotel. What a gem! The location is stunning, in the midst of the most wonderful scenery. The building too is lovely and the furnishing and pictures completely in keeping with the traditional style of the place. One feels at home and relaxed immediately one enters. The food and standard of comfort do not disappoint. This is a family-run hotel with all that that implies. Mark and Loretta and the rest of the staff could not have been kinder, more efficient or more helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy the best Connemara has to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 918tour_guide918
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I spent three wonderful days at Rosleague Manor in Letterfrack at the beginning of June. The house itself is lovely...it's elegant yet relaxed and cozy. There are fireplaces in two drawing rooms with comfortable chairs to read in, there's a bright conservatory with groups of seating and a nice bar, and a beautiful dining room that looks out to the gardens, the bay, and the mountains beyond. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. I was actually not expecting a suite, so I was pleasantly surprised when we were given one. The breakfasts were very good, the service was excellent, and the dinners were of a very high standard, some of the best meals we had Ireland. The area was great also, with Connemara National Park and Kylemore Abbey just down the road.
Most of all, I can't say how impressed we were with Mark, the owner. I made the mistake of booking on the internet through a third party and had accepted the posted price that included only breakfast. When I arrived at the Manor, I noticed an advertised special that also included dinner and tickets to Kylemore Abbey. The modest increase in price was actually going to save me quite a bit. I asked Mark if we could take advantage of this offer, and he most readily agreed, and even offered me another better option. I feel this was extremely generous of him, as he could easily have said that he couldn't make the change, since the reservation was made by online booking. He only suggested the next time to call him direct, which I most certainly will do.
All in all, I can't say enough about Rosleague Manor. We hope to return someday soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank terry B
Dublin
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband & I celebrated our wedding at Rosleague Manor on May 10th 2014. We had the most fantastic day from start to finish due, without doubt, to the professionalism & courtesy of both manager Mark & his team.
Along with our guests we enjoyed magnificent surroundings (both outdoor & indoor), superb food, great service and luxurious accommodation.
From our first visit to Rosleague, on the recommendation of friends, we were both captivated by it's setting on the edge of the Connemara National Park with views of the sea shore & mountains. The mature gardens of the property enhance it's beauty & once Mark showed us around we knew the old world charm & relaxed atmosphere of the house was exactly what we were looking for. It was the first venue we viewed & the last!
Through friends we were told about the food at Rosleague - their reviews were not exaggerated. Our guests' comments on the day & since have been glowing. "Best wedding meal we've ever had" was mentioned more than once to both of us. I'm sure there will be future dinner reservations as a result!
The accommodation at Rosleague is unique. Though filled with antique furniture & paintings there is no sense of stuffiness,each room feels homely & welcoming & has it's own individual décor.
To conclude, I cannot recommend Rosleague Manor highly enough as a wedding venue, hotel & restaurant.
We will cherish so many memories of a great day had by all & will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank AislingRover
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,001 helpful votes
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a truly wonderful house in a stunning location. It was a mystical soft day when we stayed with a curtain of mist flowing down the mountains.You would be hard put to find a more natural, wild location which is so close to such beautiful raw nature. If you like the bright lights, noise, crowds and shops ... then skip Rosleague!

I was a little off when we were shown our room as I thought it would be noisey being on the ground floor right beside the front door corridor and near reception. Not a bit of it. It has it's own inner hallway and so we didn't hear a thing. Our room was big, comfy and welcoming with a very clean bathroom. Personally I prefer a more modern bathroom but it worked fine for us!

The furnishings, including our bedroom, are a wonderful collection of antiques and furniture that reminded me of my own house growing up. You just do not furnish houses like these from Ikea!!

You will find a sense of peace descend over you as soon as you freshen up, take a walk to the lake and you soak up the wonderful views. Connemara is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.

There is no bar as such and perhaps this may need to be looked at. Drinks before dinner in the bright conservatory and then to table in a charming setting, to be served by two of the most lovely ladies we have ever had the pleasure to be served by. There was a rather bizarre incident during dinner from Chef which made the ladies cringe and apologise profusely. But this did not detract from our overall experience. The terrific owner Ray called me later to offer apologies and this was appreciated and so professional.

We highly recommend Rosleague for that get away from it all with not a care in the world atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Renvyle House Hotel
Doonmore Hotel
Doonmore Hotel
#1 of 3 in Inishbofin
Clifden Station House

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!