“Amazing place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Berlin, Germany
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at Rosleague Manor recently for a wedding, and had an absolute ball.It was such a memorable stay. We were made to feel at home! The staff were particularly fantastic, they were very welcoming and accommodating, and I thought they did a wonderful job. The food was great - really tasty and hearty. All the rooms are different; they were very clean, and I loved the style

Rosleague is in a beautiful part of Ireland, and also close by to the lovely Kylemore Abbey. That's also well worth a visit!

Would love to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I want to start by saying thank you to Mark and his staff for being so attentive and excellent service. We stayed with our family of 6 at Rosleague Manor for my brother's wedding in June this year (2014). I had been here as a child at another wedding some 40 years ago, but had forgotten how amazing and stunningly beautiful this hotel is. As you approach the driveway reveals leafy dappled green from the long Irish summer days where the sun sets at 11pm, the sky paints a picture of ever changing light making every moment a work of art. The hotel has large bedrooms and living rooms and with a very small staff provides service that is beyond helpful. The food was delicious; monkfish, lamb, best breakfasts ever, freshly squeezed orange juice all presented on a silver dinner service.

Don't forget to take a trip to the Avoca store in Letterfrack.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4 poster bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bramten
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel has a beautiful location. You will be swept away by the splendour of the area. it is a lovely old house and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food is good and our stay was very pleasant. A lovely place for a relaxing break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marguerite12345
Dublin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I booked Rosleague Manor for a one night relaxing break. The house is in a wonderful location with beautiful views. The food in the restaurant was beautiful and could not be faulted. The staff were mostly very polite and the manager in particular was very friendly. However, we were disappointed with our bedroom, the impractical layout and in particular the following:

1. the room was quite shabby - stains on the carpets, on the furniture, unappealing bed linen.
2. no dressing table - there was a dressing table of sorts but no mirror, no chair which is really inconvenient for the ladies- there was no mirror beside a socket to style hair etc.
3. the shower did not work properly - there was little to no pressure in the shower and we had to play around with it for circa 10 minutes to get any flow of hot water which was ridiculously light. I alternatively ran a bath and the water was really discoloured - I have stayed in country houses before where this is the case but those bathrooms have contained a note explaining why and that the water was perfectly safe to bathe in - I would suggest that the same is done here.
4. the television was in a separate area with a second single bed and an old couch. As a result the television could not be seen from the main area with our double bed. The couch was stained and had rips on the front which was really unappealing to sit on.
5. the saving grace of the room was a beautiful bathroom.

I spoke with the lady on the front desk early in the day about the possibility of moving to a different room, I was told that the room beside ours was free and to go up myself and have a look at it and see what I thought - she was quite blasé with my request and didn't really make any genuine attempt to relocate us. While the room was certainly prettier, the bathroom was grubby and unappealing so we stayed in the room we were in. The manager later provided a bottle of wine with our dinner to apologise that the room didn't meet our expectations and this was appreciated.

Over all, Rosleague Manor is a beautiful location and has so much potential but really needs to fine tune the little details. We have stayed in many Blue Book properties and old country houses and love their quaint charm but, at the same time, a degree of luxury is expected when paying such prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Melsie1
St Paul, MN
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was our second stay at Rosleague Manor Hotel. A perfect place for romantic get away, anniversary, or just plan relaxing. Mark and Loretta took wonderful care of us again, arranging for us to have the same room that we were in last time, per our request. The house is charming. The grounds breathtakingly manicured, with flowers and shrubs of so many varieties. The dining room is five star with comfort as an added bonus. The sun room is so comfortable and relaxing, we spent hours relaxing there. The wait staff are all accomodating, friendly, professional, and interact in typical Irish fashion. A trip to Connemara area would not be complete without staying at Rosleague Manor Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregs0n
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have just returned from a four-night stay with a group at Rosleague Manor Hotel. What a gem! The location is stunning, in the midst of the most wonderful scenery. The building too is lovely and the furnishing and pictures completely in keeping with the traditional style of the place. One feels at home and relaxed immediately one enters. The food and standard of comfort do not disappoint. This is a family-run hotel with all that that implies. Mark and Loretta and the rest of the staff could not have been kinder, more efficient or more helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy the best Connemara has to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 918tour_guide918
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I spent three wonderful days at Rosleague Manor in Letterfrack at the beginning of June. The house itself is lovely...it's elegant yet relaxed and cozy. There are fireplaces in two drawing rooms with comfortable chairs to read in, there's a bright conservatory with groups of seating and a nice bar, and a beautiful dining room that looks out to the gardens, the bay, and the mountains beyond. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. I was actually not expecting a suite, so I was pleasantly surprised when we were given one. The breakfasts were very good, the service was excellent, and the dinners were of a very high standard, some of the best meals we had Ireland. The area was great also, with Connemara National Park and Kylemore Abbey just down the road.
Most of all, I can't say how impressed we were with Mark, the owner. I made the mistake of booking on the internet through a third party and had accepted the posted price that included only breakfast. When I arrived at the Manor, I noticed an advertised special that also included dinner and tickets to Kylemore Abbey. The modest increase in price was actually going to save me quite a bit. I asked Mark if we could take advantage of this offer, and he most readily agreed, and even offered me another better option. I feel this was extremely generous of him, as he could easily have said that he couldn't make the change, since the reservation was made by online booking. He only suggested the next time to call him direct, which I most certainly will do.
All in all, I can't say enough about Rosleague Manor. We hope to return someday soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank terry B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Renvyle House Hotel
Clifden Station House
Delphi Resort
Delphi Resort
#1 of 4 in Leenane

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!