Rosleague Manor Hotel
Cloverfox Connemara(Letterfrack)
The Bards Den(Letterfrack)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewskylemore abbeyconnemara national parkdiamond hillthe beautiful dining roomconnemara lambrelaxing drinkmonkfishdrawing roomwedding venuebreakfast and dinnerrelaxing breakfront of the houseconservatory barold worldboth nightscrab clawspeat fire
Reviewed 13 May 2010

The whole family (3 generations) travelled to Rosleague Manor for a weekend celebration for my parents' birthdays, and we could not have picked a better destination. The weekend was a surprise for my parents, and the hotel staff went out of their way to make the weekend memorable and special - from the fabulous room they gave Mum and Dad to the gorgeous birthday cake that was brought in after dinner. Rosleague is a really special place, and is somewhere that we intend going back to as often as we can.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
MarkLetterfrack, Owner at Rosleague Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and your kind words about Rosleague, we feel that as a Historic House that it is a little different from most normal Hotels and are very happy that you enjoyed its charms.
Glad we managed to keep it a surprise for your parents, they seemed to really enjoy having you all there for the weekend.
We hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Well I first visited Rosleague many many years and we could be desribed as regulars but our Easter break was superb!
We ended up having ten for dinner celebrating the baby's 23rd birthday (what a cake she nearly decided put her whole head in the icecream). Granny loved it, very relaxing a home from home and though in her mid 80's manged long walks on the fabulous beeches and in the National Park.
The piece de resistence was though to discover other family(s) and groups trying to book at the same time so our dogs could meet with theirs, now thats special. A warm friendly and effcient place and as long as we can keep getting room 16 they will see us again and again. Pity they got rid of the old bath/jacussi even though it did not work mind you replacing it with a huge thing in the centre of the (our) completly refurbished bathroom is fanastic

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for the very kind review, lovely to see you again with all the family this time, glad Granny enjoyed it and I'm sure Madra & Pooch loved all the attention.
Looking forward to seeing you back at Rosleague in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 May 2010

Rosleague needs to pull up its socks to compete with the many hotels dotted around Ireland.
I have stayed in Rosleague twice over the last 8 years. The first time I stayed in one of the rooms at the front of the house, which a lovely staircase led up to and at that time the charm of the hotel was very evident. Although it was somewhat tired this didnt take away from a lovely experience. This time I stayed at the back of the house up a dreadful, dirty staircase and in a very tired room. Although the food was very good, the public areas and the rooms are shabby. Also the constant stream of dogs running through the house and into bedrooms mad we wonder how clean the rooms can really be (and I have a dog, albeit one who stays outside and in the kitchen) I wont stay again but would consider visiting for a meal

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Regularstayer
MarkLetterfrack, Owner at Rosleague Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2010

Thank you for your review, we welcome all feedback but we are dissappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I regret that you did not like the room you stayed in on this occasion, a lot of our regulars request to stay in the same room on their return, if we had been made aware of your preference for another room on this occasion we would have been more than happy to arrange this for you.
Since your stay 8 years ago, as part of our continued renovations we have added a new conservatory/bar which gets continual praise, both Drawing Rooms have been refurbished and just this past Winter the Dining Room has had a spruce up including replacing all the floors, carpet and being painted from top to bottom, we have however kept the Antique furniture as we feel it is an integral part of the history of the House.
In relation to you encountering dogs in the House during your stay, I have no defence.
I live in an apartment at the back of the House along with my 2 dogs Ruben and Major. They are 2 big softies so they can occasionally be seen in the hallways around reception or out in the gardens, but I can assure you that they never set foot in the Dining Room or Bedrooms.
We are a pet friendly House and as such do have a couple of rooms suitable for this purpose, I have to say these rooms have become more and more popular each year and some of our most loyal regulars are delighted to be able to bring along their beloved pets. This is of course done on the basis that they are well behaved and have their own bedding.
Unfortunately I cannot promise to remove the offending animals or decline other dogs that have up until now been most welcome. What I can say is that our Housekeepers work very hard to keep the House in order and obviously the pet friendly rooms are given particular attention.
I am glad you enjoyed the food and found all the staff so friendly, we hope to see you back at Rosleague for Dinner in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We organised a stay here for my spouse's birthday. After much searching and checking up online, we settled on Rosleague for the Connemara leg of our trip. The Connemara region is breathtaking and offers spectacular views and vistas. We arrived at Rosleague with great anticipation, my wife telling me in the car that the website was gorgeous and we were in for a treat. The website may be gorgeous, but the reality is a let-down. What some reviewers have called country house charm should not be confused with what we experienced: tired appearance, very worn furniture, stained carpets, etc. After putting down our bags, we were already contemplating cancelling our second night and going somewhere else immediately.

In fairness (not just sour grapes!), the cooking is splendid, dinner and breakfast were top-notch (though the furniture in the dining room seemed rickety/wobbly).

There were some things any visitor would be shocked to see. Stroll to the 'bluebell' walk and apple orchard, and you'll see where everything just gets dumped? Bedspreads and carpets with dark stains? While we're no great TV-watchers and the beauty of the landscape is what drew us, might as well take away the mini-boxes as they're a joke.

NB - No doubt from reading prior reviews, Mark Foyle will write a detailed response to our points, trying to talk them away one-by-one. However, we are certain we weren't the first ones taken in by an impressive website and favourable Trip advisor reviews which far exceed the 'real' experience. Dear Mr Foley, please don't respond to us, unless it's to say 'thanks for the feedback, we'll take it all on board and improve for your next visit'.

We're not asking for luxury accommodation, but rather a clean, tidy, fresh feeling and looking country hotel. The garden, natural beauty of the view and surroundings, and kitchen will do the rest. However, my suggestion to the owner: dig deeper into your pocket and renovate in one go, not piecemeal. That's what a proper 4-star hotel does!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank xilofono
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Although this review will be a tad biased, my wife and I just wanted to comment on what was an amazing venue for our wedding. Mark and his team put on such a great weekend for us to celebrate our wedding with a 100 of our closest friends and families.

The review below is obviously from one of our guests - and she is totally right about the wonderful setting, food, hospitality and overall specialness of Rosleague Manor. Despite the Icelandic volcano (which made it very hard for our brilliant guests to get to Ireland from the UK (but they all did it somehow!!)) Mark and his team were not phased by late arrivals, changing numbers of guests and general disarray. The team at Rosleague were wonderful and all of our guests said how helpful, attentive and nice they were. The BBQ the next day (where we had just as many guests as at the wedding) was also fantastic with steak, salmon and monk fish - a far cry from your ordinary burnt sausage and burger!

However, please do not think this is just a good placce to get married. Rosleague is a wonderful venue for a short (or long) stay in beautiful Connemara with fantastic rooms and truly tasty and well thought-out and presented local food. My wife is originally from the area and I am so pleased she has introduced me to it.

I really cannot recommend Rosleague Manor highly enough. All our guests fell in love with the place as my wife and I did when we first visited it looking for a suitable wedding venue.

Thanks again to Mark and his team for a memorable weekend.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TMB1980
MarkLetterfrack, Owner at Rosleague Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write, its nice that one of your unbiased guests got in there ahead of you.
You guys were blessed with the weather and also some truly great friends.
My abiding memory of the wedding will be that it happened on the weekend the Icelandic Volcano erupted, causing havoc with flights across Europe and still something like 42 out of 44 of the Uk guests managed to make their way here, the lady who travelled for 48 hours overland and sea from Switzerland was a particular hero.
It made looking after you both, along with your Friends & Family that much more enjoyable, everyone seemed to have an amazing story about how they got here.
I wish you both every happiness and look forward to seeing you back at Rosleague in the future.