“Beautiful location, great service, great food.”

Rosleague Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Letterfrack
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We booked a triple room and were given a very large and comfortable room which could accomodate four people comfortably. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is fabulous. The seafood is fresh and delicious--we saw a man coming up from the water, probably having just collected the mussels we were about to order! We sat by the fire in one of the public rooms relaxing and having tea in the evenings...very nice. The rooms, furniture, and bathrooms could use a little updating but overall we were very happy at the Rosleague.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2010

We held our wedding at Roslegue this June and it was in a word, wonderful.
The house itself is beautifully different, with each room having its own style which I found as a welcome change to the usual "cookie cutter" hotels that all look the same. I think that the sensitivity towards the age of the manor house is beautifully reflected in the decor throughout and we all fell in love with it - especially at night when the house and gardens are lit with beautiful lights.
All of the guests thought that the food was gorgeous, not to mention the beautiful canapes and buffet that were provided before and after the main wedding dinner.
The service too was impeccable, with every staff member being friendly, polite and only too eager to please. I also have to mention that Mark Foyle is a dream come true for the stressed bride - he took everything off my hands and made all that I had dreamt for the day possible. I don't think that I could ever thank him enough for giving us the best wedding day we could have hoped for.
My firends and family are all crediting it as the best wedding they have ever been to and that credit goes to this stunning hotel and its brilliant staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We just returned from a fabulous break in Rosleague, the views, the food, the weather and the house make Rosleague probably one of the most special Hotels in Ireland..A perfect romantic break - If you are looking for somewhere unique and very special then you have found it here..We felt recharged and refreshed and look forward already to our next visit..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed for one night at Roseleague and felt so welcome there. It is a charming, small, family run, manor house hotel. The dinner was wonderful and the grounds are stunning. Proprietor Mark is a hard working and a natural host. Thank you, Mark for making our first stop on the bike adventure so nice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I couldn't possibly recommend this hotel more. The staff are fantastic, we were on our honeymoon and everyone just made our stay so comfortable. They were polite and friendly and not climbing all over us. The food is spectacular, don't even think about leaving the hotel for other food. Rosleague manor is a true gem with the most relaxing feeling. I instantly fell into a sleepy state of mind and forgot about the outside world, here you can live out a dream of being a person of leisure playing scrabble, eating scones, strolling on the shore and most importantly enjoying the gorgeous views. Well worth a visit whether you are Irish or travelling from abroad. Clifden is also a little gem of a town, no need to suffer with cheap airlines anymore when you can drive to the destination of a lifetime in Ireland. Thanks to Mark and the gang for a lovely few days

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I went to Rosleague Manor for a family member's wedding. On first arrival I was very impressed, The place looks gorgeous & staff seem very friendly. - However, once I entered my room & closed the door the sight of THICK DUST on most of the furniture under the bed & on the mirror along the skirtings was particulary bad. Once I saw this I went on inspection around the room & found masses of drain hair in bath, the shower curtains needed a clean, the paint work on the walls as you walk into the bedroom & bathroom needed to be 'touched up' as were very scuffed. The relation had organised a gift to be left in each family members room & the hotel staff 'insinuated' like this was a gift from the hotel. The hotel is not suitable at all with young children & the staff were not really accepting of them either, one waitress told me that 'they weren't really suited to having small children' - well what are you supposed to do when you are at a wedding with the whole family??? The food was only average, nothing to write home about & service the same, also I think the dining room is far too small for a wedding it was boiling & there were no fans or a.c.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank LovelyDovely
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My wife and I have just returned from our fifth visit to Rosleague Manor and experienced yet again all the warmth and professionalism of Mark Foyle and his team. It is heartening to return to Rosleague regularly and continue to enjoy the same high standard of excellent food and personal service in such a delightful old-world ambience. We particularly enjoyed our preprandial drink in the very attractive new conservatory. On our drive home to Dublin we received a telephone call from Mark advising us that my wife had left her jacket behind and that it would be put in the post the following day: another example of Rosleague's personal service.
We were lucky to be given our usual room which overlooks the bay, Diamond Hill and the mountains behind: a truly magnificent view enhanced by all the colour of the plants and shrubs in the front garden.
The hotel is located in a secluded area of Connemara but close to Clifden and Galway for shopping. It is an ideal base for hillwalkers and lovers of outdoor activities not to mention those who might wish to have motor access to the charms of the West.
We look forward to our next visit to Rosleague Manor.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NZallblacks
MarkLetterfrack, Owner at Rosleague Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your kind words about the House.
You're more than welcome for the item returned, Loreta is always on the ball with such things.
It was a pity you couldn't make it back for your planned trip in July, but I guess Family must come first.
We hope to see you back at Rosleague in the not too distant future.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterfrack
Renvyle House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyconneely
Doonmore Hotel
Doonmore Hotel
#1 of 3 in Inishbofin

Been to Rosleague Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!