“Great golf experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
London, United Kingdom
“Great golf experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Carton House provides a quality that is of a very high standard. The staff are extremely attentive, warm and friendly. The rooms are beautifully furnished and spotless. I booked in with 17 other friends/golfers and all had a truly wonderful experience at such a fantastic resort.
The golf courses are stunning and wonderfully maintained with Greenstaff who are polite and welcoming. This was my first experience of golf in Ireland and I would strongly recommend a visit to Carton House as well as a return visit. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were spot on as the catered for our needs.
I wish all golf resorts were like Carton House, First class! Five star! Wow!!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on the top floors that are very comfortable and needed after a long day and evening enjo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John W
CHDGM, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear John W,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.

I am delighted to hear that you had an opportunity to play on our championship golf courses and that your group enjoyed their golf.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We celebrated our mothers special birthday in this hotel in July of this year. 2013. We booked in with 8 adults and 5 children. We stayed for one night and had breakfast and dinner. It was such a great night and wonderful food. Both dinner and Breakfast were excellent. We also enjoyed the spa, which was spotless and very enjoyable. The pool was great for the kids. The rooms were spacious and airy. The walk from to reception to the rooms was a little far for my parents who are a good age. Yet it didnt take away from our experience. We have been telling everybody about our stay ever since......Well done Carton House.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ire121,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed celebrating your special occasion.I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

It's been a few years since we visited and that one was somewhat of a disappointment all round. However, I have nothing but good to say about a recent weekend. The staff were all most pleasant, the food (breakfast x 2, dinner x 1) was very good & the accommodation was perfect. Also a spa session with Erica was most relaxing. Trying to find anything to complain about is nit-picking but maybe get rid of a few of the (19) sleeping policemen on the drive in!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tadgh,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the surroundings. I am also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful in particular Erica in The Spa. I will pass on your nice comments.

Dublin,Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife booked an overnight stay as a birthday treat for me at the end of September. The hotel itself is a stunning venue,the staff are extremely helpful and pleasant, the rooms are spacious, air conditioned, bathrooms have separate showers and baths.The beds were very comfortable although the pillows weren't the best and the TV reception was, to be honest, terrible. But these are minor quibbles.
The restaurant lacked a little in atmosphere at dinner but the food was excellent in general. Breakfast the next morning was a much livelier affair and the selection of food was very appealing! There was no effort to hurry us along during breakfast or dinner, which was appreciated.
Without a doubt this hotel sets the standard for others to follow!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear pw46,

I am sorry to hear that you found The Linden Tree to lack atmosphere however I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and I have shared your feedback with our Restaurant Manager.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Rang hotel to make booking for 3 nite stay.looking forward to it on 13th Oct.very helpful put me true to book table in restarunt which was great and also sorted a booking for the spa. Now can't wait to do a review of my 3 nite stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Cora 2303,

I am delighted to hear that your booking was dealt with efficiently and that our staff were friendly and helpful.
I will pass on your feedback to our reservations team.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The driveway up to Carton House is something in itself with the views of the rolling green hills and then the house in distance, we were lucky enough upon arrival to be upgraded to a suite in the old part of the hotel, it was a fab room with stylish surroundings, excellent bathroom and windows that looked onto the gardens.

We had dinner on the first night in the club house and we were really impressed then drinks in the bar, on the Saturday we relaxed at the Spa and swam in the pool I was very happy with my treatment and the facilities.

The breakfast selection is incredible, the staff are so helpful and friendly.
The atmosphere is very relaxing and we hope to come back

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 0Ave2013
Dear 0Ave2013,

I am delighted to see that overall you had a very enjoyable experience during your stay with us. The original old house rooms are really special and we are all very proud of the history and character that this part of the hotel has to offer and with stunning bedrooms it always makes for a memorable stay.

I have shared your feedback with the team who will be delighted to hear your nice comments.

Burbage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were fortunate enough to spend a weekend at Carton House with my work...and we felt like royalty!

The hotel, rooms, food, facilities and staff are all first class...we cant wait to return!

The location is great as it's only 25 minutes max from Dublin airport. And if you like golf you will love Carton House!

Room Tip: For a special occasion try and upgrade to a 'suite'!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Darrell W,

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!