“Fantastic!”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Reviewed 20 December 2013

In the past year we have been lucky to stay at Carton House twice, firstly before our daughter was born and the second time when she was three months old.

The first time in March we stayed in the Lady Emily Suite, which is one word exquisite. We decided to push the boat out with our last trip before our first baby and it was well worth it. The room had a separate bedroom, living room and large bathroom.

The second time we stayed in a deluxe suite, which was also very spacious and provided lots of room for the baby cot.

The food in the hotel is fantastic and hard to beat, if a little bit expensive, but you would probably expect that from a 5 star. If you dont fancy eating in the hotel, the golf club serves excellent food and there are a number of nice restaurants in Maynooth.

The hotel location is hard to beat for both walks and running.

Only downside is the pool, which can become over crowded and difficult when all you want to do is spend 30 minutes swimming lengths.

However, overall fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Eimear M, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear PaulQuinn,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the extra space which our suites offer. The ambience of the suites in the old house really does make the stay that bit extra special and we always receive such positive feedback on how unique they are.

I would like to thank you for your comments. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it can only aid us in improving our standards and quality of service which we provide for our guests.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,712)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Fantastic hotel in stunning setting. Beautiful old house, cleverly and tastefully mixed with modern. Get a room in the old house if you can for an extra special experience. Staff were great and could not have been more helpful or friendly. Dinner in Linden Tree restaurant was very good. Make sure you check out the estate - lovely walks. Spa was also excellent. Lovely get away very close to Dublin. It feels like a million miles away....

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Simon G,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service standards. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel who will be delighted that they helped make your stay a pleasant one.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to play golf whilst staying at this super location but the hotel was excellent; the staff could not do more to help and greeted me by first name for my whole stay which was very good. Rooms are great even though being hyper critical the shower could do with a little more water pressure! Bar and restaurant were both very good even though we did not take dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nickg450,

Thank you for posting your review of Carton House.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

I have asked our maintenance team to look at the shower in your room and ensure that it is working correctly.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Carton House again in the future.

Gust Relations Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just to advise anyone who is taken in by the advertising used by this 'Hotel'...be warned.
This is a 5 star establishment in name only....the idylic setting of the old house and the log fires and country walks in the grounds are illusory, this is a Hotel you would put up with if your company sent you there on a training course but for a short get-away with friends.......forget it! Don't put yourself through it...........high priced mediocraty would be one thing but alas even mediocrity is eludes them ............3 star at best and don't get me started on the food which as poor as it is pales in comparison to the attitude of some of the staff .....yes two or three of them were very pleasant but on the whole i have been far better regarded in even the worst four star Hotels in Ireland.
Stay in your car and go to somewhere else.

Final point ...not worth complaining if you expect it to bring some consolation, they are so used to dealing with complaints they even thank you for bringing their shortcomings to their attention..........disingenuous noises and if you are very lucky a guarded apology but seemingly enough of their guests live in a parrallel universe and are quite happy with their shabby service.
You have been warned.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank OwlWaterford

Dear OwlWaterford,

It is disappointing that your stay was not as positive as it should have been and for this I am sorry. Please do feel free to contact me directly at the hotel or via email at emoore@cartonhouse.com if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail and so that I can have the opportunity to reassure you of our commitment to our customers.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a big time resort with all the amenities one would expect. The golf is good but not great but the rest of the resort shines. The staff were attentive and the rooms very nice. Would stay there again but play golf somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Eimear M, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Tomwilliamsen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments who will address it with their teams.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Firstly this hotel is very impressive to look at from the outside and all the facilities are first class. The only issue I have is that, unless you book one of the suites you are placed at the far end of the hotel with very little view. The room was big and had all the facilities required. The food was great in all areas especially the main restaurant. The only real negative was when sitting in the main lobby staff where slow in taking drink orders. I would recommend this hotel for golfers especially. Also got the meet most of the Ireland team which was a highlight.

Room Tip: Book a suite if you want a good view.