“Fantastic location and staff”

Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely lovely location, what a treat! Everything lived up to the on-line PR. The food was excellent, staff were so accommodating and helpful. Rooms were lovely! Would definitely return for a more social visit, round of golf, bike ride etc.. Didn't get a chance to use the Spa but looked really nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gavin_Caroline
Rosie o, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Gavin,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Rosie O’Connor

Guest Services Manager
Carton House Hotel and Spa
Ph: 01 5052000
F: +353 (0) 1 651 7703
E: roconnor@cartonhouse.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent accommodation and very good facilities for a business conference over two days. Break-out rooms for smaller groups and a large venue for all participants to meet for the evening dining and conference presentations. Good food at all meals, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner; cooked and cold buffet style.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Rosie o, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service standards. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel who will be delighted that they helped make your stay a pleasant one.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com so I can assist you on your next visit.

Rosie O'Connor
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First of all I don't know how much this meal cost as I was a guest. However I know it was not cheap. I am only going to comment on what I had. For starters I had an asparagus salad. It was just ok. Asparagus is one of my favourites and It was over cooked and pretty tasteless. It was served with a variety of greens which you would get in any restaurant and such a restaurant could do better. I ordered steak. On the menu it said the steak would be served medium and I asked could mine be served rare and if not then medium rare. Instead I got a rather bland and dry medium to well done steak in a very salty sauce. Again from a restaurant with such a reputation I would have expected A. That they could give me a rare steak and B. The steak would have been better cooked. Instead of desert I ordered cheese and the cheese looked like it had been cut hours earlier and was sad and slightly dried out on the plate. The service was excellent, the decor nice and the wine was good but my experience wouldn't encourage me to go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter,

On Behalf of the team at Carton House I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I am sorry to hear about the negative experience which you had in the Restaurant during your stay. I have shared this feedback with our Head Chef for further investigation.

Please feel free to contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Once again I would like to thank you for your detailed and measured feedback as it is through comments such as yours that enable us to continually improve our offerings and ensure that we cater for our guests every need.

Guest Services.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Carton House & played 2 rounds of golf. I had booked the trip for my fiancée birthday - we both loved it. The golf was great, the service was excellent, the room lovely. We simply chilled & can't wait to experience it again

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Dianne,

We are delighted to see that you experienced and enjoyed a lot of our facilities offered at Carton House.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com.

Guest Services Manager.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was here on a golf buddy vacation with use of the conferencing facilities. Great location and rooms. Awsome golf. The restaurant was outstanding. Room key did not work twice but furthermore no complaints. Breakfast way above British/Irish standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Alex,

On behalf of the team here at Carton House, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service standards. We have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel who will be delighted that they helped make your stay a pleasant one.

Guest Services Manager,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed on the Sunday night of the June bank holiday weekend. A couple with two kids so we treated ourself to a suite. We had such a great stay. Very relaxing and lots to do and see. The pool was great for the kids. Dinner was perfect and the room was of a very high standard. But your best asset carton house without doubt is your staff. For start to finish they really help with the experience when staying in your establishment. It's the one thing that most other premises lack. Keep up the good work and we will be back in the autumn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ire121

Dear Guest,

We am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the surroundings. We are also very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass on your nice comments.

Rosie O'Connor

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After traveling from the West Coast of America for a wedding at Carton House and arriving two hours before the wedding was to begin, my boyfriend and I were forced to wait in the lobby until our room was ready. I understand check-in times but I had emailed the hotel twice (well in advance and the day prior) to let them know our situation. On arrival the lounge was jammed with people, many dressed up and ready for the wedding. I was extremely anxious, sitting there, hair all tousled, clothes creased while everyone swarmed around us looking impeccable. The staff told us they'd come get us when a room was ready but they weren't moving from behind those check-in desks. Twenty minutes before the wedding was to begin (and I having heart palpitations) I asked for somewhere to change into my dress. I was sent to the spa. The spa was a VERY long walk, through the hotel, up and down stairs, all the while with me dragging my luggage behind me. When I got to the spa the room was open with moms and children standing around drying themselves after using the swimming pool. The floor was wet. This was not at all a suitable 'changing area' for me to slip into my dress and get ready for a wedding. So I had to return to the lobby, the lady at the spa telling me the quickest route was outside the building. Dragging my bag over stones and through grass, in the rain, I returned to find we still had no room. Ten minutes to go! I was not going to miss my friend walking up the aisle after all we had gone through to get here. I refused to move from the check-in desk and about eight minutes to the wedding time we were given a key to a room. The room itself was large and comfortable, the bathroom spacious and clean. The food in the lobby was good (we had sandwiches and they had gluten free bread), but the breakfast the following morning was mediocre. The grounds are lovely and we walked to the tower the next day enjoying a nice view of the surrounding green fields and the town of Maynooth. I told people about our check-in disaster and the responses were in our favor. People were appalled. For a place like this there should be a decent changing room available to guests. When my boyfriend requested 'any room' for us to change in, he was told they wouldn't do that as it wouldn't help their reputation. And the way they handled the situation? Will that help their reputation?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Carmelapplepie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!