Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club(Maynooth)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$181
US$169
Travelocity
2,755 results
All reviewslinden tree restaurantold housecoach housegolf clubbeautiful hotelkitchen barbeautiful groundsthe main housespa treatmentsrelaxing breaktop classmain restaurantspecial occasionleisure centreone night stayafternoon teaenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We travelled to Carton House for my friends 60th Birthday.. V disappointed..Meal
deplorable, not cooked to ur liking.. V expensive and no presentation..
Terrible for My friend as it was her first choice of venues...
Would not recommend it.!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms were OK.. V bright and nice...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank marie n
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Absolutely lovely location, what a treat! Everything lived up to the on-line PR. The food was excellent, staff were so accommodating and helpful. Rooms were lovely! Would definitely return for a more social visit, round of golf, bike ride etc.. Didn't get a chance to use the Spa but looked really nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gavin_Caroline
Rosie o, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Gavin,

On behalf of the management and staff of Carton House Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
I am delighted to see that you had such a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer here in Carton House. It is always great to see such positive feedback on our team and that they helped make your stay a memorable one.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly so I can assist you on your next visit.

Rosie O’Connor

Guest Services Manager
Carton House Hotel and Spa
Ph: 01 5052000
F: +353 (0) 1 651 7703
E: roconnor@cartonhouse.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent accommodation and very good facilities for a business conference over two days. Break-out rooms for smaller groups and a large venue for all participants to meet for the evening dining and conference presentations. Good food at all meals, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner; cooked and cold buffet style.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Rosie o, Guest Relations Manager at Carton House Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and service standards. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel who will be delighted that they helped make your stay a pleasant one.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Carton House in the near future, and should you have any queries please contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com so I can assist you on your next visit.

Rosie O'Connor
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First of all I don't know how much this meal cost as I was a guest. However I know it was not cheap. I am only going to comment on what I had. For starters I had an asparagus salad. It was just ok. Asparagus is one of my favourites and It was over cooked and pretty tasteless. It was served with a variety of greens which you would get in any restaurant and such a restaurant could do better. I ordered steak. On the menu it said the steak would be served medium and I asked could mine be served rare and if not then medium rare. Instead I got a rather bland and dry medium to well done steak in a very salty sauce. Again from a restaurant with such a reputation I would have expected A. That they could give me a rare steak and B. The steak would have been better cooked. Instead of desert I ordered cheese and the cheese looked like it had been cut hours earlier and was sad and slightly dried out on the plate. The service was excellent, the decor nice and the wine was good but my experience wouldn't encourage me to go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter,

On Behalf of the team at Carton House I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and we work hard to deliver a service that can be appreciated by our guests.

I am sorry to hear about the negative experience which you had in the Restaurant during your stay. I have shared this feedback with our Head Chef for further investigation.

Please feel free to contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Once again I would like to thank you for your detailed and measured feedback as it is through comments such as yours that enable us to continually improve our offerings and ensure that we cater for our guests every need.

Rosie O'Connor,
Guest Services.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Carton House & played 2 rounds of golf. I had booked the trip for my fiancée birthday - we both loved it. The golf was great, the service was excellent, the room lovely. We simply chilled & can't wait to experience it again

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Dianne,

We are delighted to see that you experienced and enjoyed a lot of our facilities offered at Carton House.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me directly on roconnor@cartonhouse.com.

Rosie O'Connor,