“Excellent retreat!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maynooth
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Excellent retreat!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It's not just the perfect ambiance, the perfect hotel rooms, the sophisticated menu at the Linden Tree restaurant, the challenging golf courses or the perfect golf weather (we were lucky there) that makes one want to come back. It's the sense of hospitality, the helpfulness of the staff, the friendly words of the caddy master, the service manager who helped me personally carry my luggage down on my departure day, that will make me remember and recommend this lovely retreat for years to come! I am planning to come back as soon as I possibly can!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A nice hotel in the quiet country, I found the location very nice. The bedrooms are comfortable and spacious. The bath and towels are well appointed and the beds are extremely comfortable. If you are looking for quiet, beautiful place to stay this would be an ideal location.

If you are looking to stay here and explore this hotel is not exactly centrally located. If you are bringing small children I would think that they might be bored here as their are not many things for young children to do. The pool is nice and the fitness facilities are also nice.

The food is good, not extraordinary but a good value. I would recommend this to couples and friends looking to get together.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Louth
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel offers service from the instant you step in to the lobby. The staff were absolutely magnificent - being very attentive and friendly.
The hotel is bright and comfortable. The rooms are excellent. Bar food was good but the restaurant dinner menu was very limited and very expensive but not a problem as there are loads of other places to eat.
The hotel was, as I said, excellent but guests on the corridor at night were sometimes noisy and woke us several times - not the hotel's fault but an increasing problem in hotels these days.

1 Thank PBMLouth
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights. The hotel and grounds are very impressive, on arrival driving down the road into it you just know your going to be staying somewhere special. Lots to see and do, we used the spa/pool and complimentary bikes to explore the stunning grounds which was a nice touch. Both of us really enjoyed the stay and will be back....perfect for unwinding!

Observations. I was surprised that there were no bath robes, I'd fully expect them in a hotel of this calibre. As highlighted by other reviewers we did find the lack of dinning options and times hard to comprehend, it's so limited and as a result we ended up eating in Maynooth. Why not have bar snacks in the hotel served up until 10.30 pm?

1 Thank markiesharkie72
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for a one night over Easter break with our 3 children. However although it was advertised for the family with activities for the kids, it was a shambles. I received a questioner from the hotel after our stay which I took the time to complete but I have never received a response. This is a beautiful hotel but my advice is leave the kids at home as it not very child friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Glandune9
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

was really impressed with the beautiful grounds of this hotel
Also the room was good size and very modern
Unfortunatly the restaurant lets them down a bit
We booked dinner on the first night unfortunatly we waited 45mins
For our starter then our dinner was served one and a half hours in total
We complained to the Manager who did apologise and offered us a glass
Of wine each as by this time our bottle of wine was finished.
Also at breakfast there are lots of lovely good produce to eat but again we
Asked for fried eggs by the time we received them we had finished our breakfast
When we went to pay our bill we must have got the wrong bill as we were charged
For 2 bottles of wine also champagne which we didnt have
Overall this is a beautiful hotel and would stay there again

Room Tip: room with a view of golf course
2 Thank janetbutterfly50
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed with my friends on a girls spa weekend. Rooms were lovely, beds very comfortable and had everything we needed in it, bathrobes, slippers, bottle of water, glasses etc. Hairdryer was very good too, much appreciated compared to the usual ones you find in hotels which wouldn't dry a thing, let alone a heavy head of hair like myself!
We booked a spa treatment which was heavenly! The relaxation room is lovely, looking out on the trees, plenty of fresh juice & water, with a lovely sorbet after our treatment.
The pool has a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, all of which we took advantage of. There is also a gym, which didn't feature in our plans for a relaxing weekend!
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The house itself is stunning as you drive up to it through the golf course - the modern corridor and rooms are then a surprise, you feel like you're in a city centre hotel! It's a very nice contrast between the old and new.
Only a few minutes drive from Maynooth town, which has plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maynooth
The K Club
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge

Been to Carton House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!