“Hats off it the Chef!”

Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Harrigan's Bar & Restaurant an ideal place to relax with a pint or glass of wine, and enjoy good food daily. Eat in the Bar/ Restaurant meeting up with friends or just some banter with our friendly staff. Harrigan's food is their passion and serve up a range of Classic favourites and Daily Specials with a modern Irish twist, a firm focus on Fresh Seasonal local produce, Steak and Seafood,expertly prepared by our Head Chef. A wide selection of Wines, Spirits & Beers available to accompany your dish. Ideal located opposite the Riverbank Arts Theatre, for the pre-show dining experience, or only 5 mins from The Curragh RaceCourse, Newbridge Silverware, 10mins Kildare Village Shopping Outlet, Irish National Stud excellent cliental great atmosphere. Opening Hours: Food Served Daily Mon-Thurs 5.00pm-9.00pm Fri 5.00pm-9.30pm Sun: 12.30pm-7.30pm (Sunday Lunch) Reserve your table to avoid disappointment, Looking Forward to your Visit!
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I always go into Harrigans for drinks with friends and my Girlfriend as it has a great atmosphere and friendly staff but the one thing I never took to was their food,it was never enjoyable,on Thursday I went in for a few drinks with my Girlfriend and noticed a new menu on the bar so decided to try the Pulled Pork Burger and Pulled Chicken Burger,I have to say they were honestly the nicest burgers I have had in years! They were cooked properly and were so tasty! We asked then to have a look at the restaurant menu and one thing is for sure,we'll be going for a meal there every so often if the food tastes that good every time!

5  Thank FrankMKildare

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went to Harrigan's last week for my dinner with a friend. I have to say the food was amazing. Would definitely recommended it and it is probably one of the nicest places to get food in Newbridge. Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Cant wait to go back again!

5  Thank KayleeCogan21
Reviewed 7 May 2014

having eaten in Harrigans over the past year unfortunately the food went downhill slowly but surely..it seemed as though food was being served with no flair or care.. myself and husband were in for drinks over the weekend and noticed there were new menus on the tables and decided to have a look. the menu has some of the old goodies with a good selection of new items.. i tried the Batter cod with mushy peas and my husband had the lasagne. it was nice to actually eat a piece of fresh fish instead of the frozen S**** being served on a lot of bar food menus, all in all the food was great and the service was very friendly. when speaking to our waiter Shay he informed us that the restaurant would be serving a brand new menu from Thursday this week and going by our meal in the bar, we will definitely be booking a table for the restaurant.

5  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stopped in at Harrigan's as it was the most inviting looking pub on Newbridge. Was fairly quite when we walked in, 10 or so people watching soccer and enjoying a beer.
We were greeted by the friendly barman who showed us to a table and brought over menus.
The classic burger was very generous and very enjoyable. The steak on the hot stone was a highlight though. Nicely presented and beautifully tender it sizzled along quietly topped with crispy fried onions.
Business picked up and a few other people order food (possibly encouraged by the meals we were devouring).
Overall a very pleasant atmosphere and a very enjoyable meal.

5  Thank Kates86teele
HeadChefHarrigans, HeadChef at Harrigans Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello "Kates86Teele" I would like to thank you for your positive review, and I am glad you enjoyed your meal at Harrigans. we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Having a previous poor review I decided to give it another try, what a pity. I thought I would stay safe with a burger but it was dry and not very good. The home cut fries were undercooked and soggy. The side salad was lettuce, sliced green pepper and red onion. There is no care or pride shown in what was served. Never again.

3  Thank Poxyeagle

Hello "Poxyeagle" First of all I would like to thank you for your review, we take all reviews seriously good or bad. I am disappointed to hear that you received a meal that was not to your liking. however I would like for you to give Harrigans another try. we have recently franchised out the Kitchen to the new Head Chef from the 1st of May. already we have a new bar menu in place, and revamped the new "Coles Restaurant and Steak House at Harrigans". there is a new menu running also in the restaurant with our extensive specials board running Thursday to Sunday from 5 to 10pm. we are also running our New lunch menu Monday the 19th of May from 12pm to 4.30pm. I believe that if you give Harrigans another try you will not be disappointed. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you at Harrigans again soon.