“Pleasant Hotel”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was one of a group of ten who were attending a conference. The facilities and leisure centre were first class and equally good was the accommodation that was also to a very high standard.I had room service which was a little disappointing as the menu was limited to sandwiches only. I requested fries but these were not available in the afternoon? I also had lunch in the bar and although the burger was very tasty it was also very expensive for what it was. My only criticism really is in relation to the high price of both food and drink but everything else was very good. I would visit again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ValentiaBM1013

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed a night in the Keedeen as I was attending a party in the curragh.The staff were very nice and friendly.My room was lovely and the leisure centre was fabulous.I only had breakfast which was nice but a little cold.I thought the bar food was overpriced,and I found the drinks a bit pricey too!Unfortunately there was a traveller christening on while we were there,so was thankful to get out as they tend to take over.I would definently stay at the Keedeen again but only if I got a deal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank heather1968
Reviewed 3 February 2012

So far I've been in the Keadean for a month now with work. I've travelled about Ireland the last 5 month and been in a few different hotels, mostly 4 star. Keadean by far stands out with the service they provide. Reception staff are so nice and friendly and helpful that I had to come on and write this review just to attempt to give something back! Greeted with a polite welcome everytime I come and go, and the occasional conversation, it's nice to find a place you can feel at home whilst away.

The bar has a cosy feel to it, decorated well, with plenty of space and seating. I find it hard to understand how other visitors could feel the customer service was lacking from the bar staff.

Room's are serviced daily, and to a very high standard. I cannot fault the hotel in anyway at all. It'll really will be sad to go.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 30 January 2012

stayed here for one night, found the staff very friendly and helpfull, had dinner in the bar which was very good except for the seats which i found very uncomfortable,room very nice and breakfast served by a friendly and jolly girl.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joshnamrog
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel manages to combine the old with the new resulting in a very classy feel to staying here. I did have a problem with the room I was first allocated, but I have no complaints as I was moved immediately and without fuss. There is a problem with wifi 'hotspots' in the hotel, but reception staff sorted it out for me straight away. The food is excellent. I stayed for 4 nights on business so was able to do a couple of the classes in the leisure centre which were good (Dave the instructor was good fun). Will definitely stay again. In fact, I can't wait......

Room Tip: I upgraded for a small fee and was very happy with the room. If you can get a special rate it's...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank lauran1902
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Lovely hotel, leisure centre very big and clean, rooms lovely, staff very helpful too

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Burnsie_85
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I spent 5 nights at the Keadeen. The room and bathroom were large, well furnished, comfortable and very clean. The food was very good, and the restaurant and housekeeping staff were excellent.

So far so good. The major irritation was the fact that the internet would not work in my room, or in the room where we worked (it worked fine in the reception area). I spoke numerous times to the reception staff about this and was just greeted with "Oh, it should work" and "No one else has complained". In the end I just gave up, but this one factor would put me off staying in the Keadeen again. I just did not want to spend my evenings sitting in reception working on my laptop.

Another minor niggle is that, although there was a lovely big, hot bathtub in the room, the bathtowels were absolutely miniscule - not much bigger than big hand towels. A small thing (literally!) but a daily irritation.

As a previous reviewer has said, this lovely hotel with some superb staff is let down by poor management and poor customer service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SETDalkeyIreland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Clanard Court Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
Lawlors Hotel
#1 of 5 in Naas

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!