“Fantastic trip!”

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
“Fantastic trip!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Had a fantastic 4 night stay at the keadeen hotel. Perfect location for shopping(newbridge silver, kildare outlets) and for the national stud. had dinner 3 nights in the bar as the food was so good! Breakfast was a treat with a huge selection of goodies! Rooms are very comfortable and the perfect temperature! Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed September 2013
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to offer you what we like to think is a home away from home! It gives us great satisfaction to read your comments and see you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us from the accommodation to the food to the proximity to great shopping outlets!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were invited to the restaurant for Sunday lunch in mid-August. We were seated with another 2 or 3 tables in an ante room to the main restaurant. We felt completely let down by the service and quality of the expensive food. As we were a large group of 11 we were not ready to order when initially asked and after that we were ignored and it was over 30mins by the time someone came by that we had to call over. We weren't served by one waitress but a succession of whoever happened to be passing by. Very sub-standard for a so called 4 star hotel. The waitress taking the order was extremely unhelpful with 2 of us who had very restrictive dietery requirements. No helpful alternatives offered, and information given was false, such as no butter or dressings were requested, but yet the vegetables arrived coated in butter! The children's meals were fine but one small child was left for over 30 minutes after the other children had been served and even after all the adults had eaten. Completely unacceptable for a pasta bowl. We had to call attention to this a number of times and nothing happened! Two of us had very expensive fish and what I believe was a scallop on top but was entirely inedible. The fish was completely dried out despite the heavy sauce which was obviously intended to disguise the overcooked fish. We didn't bother with coffee or desserts as we were all completely fed-up by the end of our meal. No-one asked how the meal was, we were invited and didn't want to complain in front of our hosts. Absolutely no value placed on our custom by the unfriendly, unhelpful staff. There are far nicer restaurants with really good customer service in Kilcullen and Kildare Town and I would advise people to check those out before this place. I am from Newbridge and will not be giving my hard-earned money to the Keadeen again.

1 Thank eurotripperIreland
Dear Guest

I am very sorry to learn you did not enjoy your recent dining experience with us. While I can assure you this is not the norm by far, we take all feedback very seriously and have already begun looking into this matter further. So thank you for taking the time to voice your experiences.
While I understand you felt you werent in a position to mention on the day, as you were a guest at the meal, should this have been brought to our attention in the days after event, we would have taken the opportunity to discuss the experience in detail with you and demonstrate our sincere apologies.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact me on 045 444128 or email info@keadeenhotel.ie

Kildare
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter had her Debs on 5th September 2013. We had a fantastic time, the food was so good and staff were so attentive to everyone and very friendly. I have attended other functions at Keadeen, weddings, Christmas Parties and out for special dinner parties etc, and i would highly recommend Keadeen. The food is fantastic (soup to die for), also the best roulade i ever had. It is so homely cosy and staff are the best.
Carol Mooney

Room Tip: Our room was warm and the bed was very comfortable, it was on ground level at back of reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol M
Hi Carol

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am delighted to hear you and your daughter enjoyed the Debutante Ball hosted with us in September. It was a great evening with a lovely atmosphere. I will certainly pass on your kind feedback to our chefs in particular Peter our Pastry Chef who makes the amazing Roulade you speak of- it is by far our most popular dessert! Hopefully you will get to experience it again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I'm from newbridge. My parents had their wedding reception here, my grandparents would come most Sundays for lunch. The food at the keadeen is very nice, although quite over priced.
I recently attended a wedding here and shortly after I came to see Tommy Tiernan. At the wedding my friend checked into the hotel, I was helping her carry bags to her room and the lady at reception was nothing short of ignorant to both of us! At Tommy Tiernan We had dinner in the restaraunt first (myself and my boyfriend) and I have NEVER came across such rude staff in a hotel, AGAIN. The woman serving us was rude and impatient and when I asked her for fresh water she questioned us and made it obvious we were inconveniencing her. When we entered the ballroom, again rude staff member behind the bar, barked at me and never once said please or thank you, then very rudely told me I couldn't pay with my debit card (I had no cash) I would just like to point out that the reason I've experienced rudeness from these staff members is because I am young (as was my friend checking in, as is my boyfriend) so my advice to the people running this hotel would be to tell your staff that a paying customer is a paying customer no matter what their age!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Darinakx
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hi Darina

Thank you for bringing your experiences to our attention. I have brought to the attention of our senior management team who are dismayed and disappointed. We would really appreciate it if you were free to come in and meet with a manager to discuss. Please give me a call when you get a moment on 045 431 666 or email on sales@keadeenhotel.ie. You and your family are obviously regulars to the hotel and we would like to do everything we can to ensure it stays that way.

Anna/Tina
Operations Managers
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Keadeen Hotel I found the staff where very friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious. I can not fault it as it ticks all the boxes for me and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Claire

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back with us again in the near future!

Sgaron
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights in the Keadeen this Summer. On arrival at the hotel we were very impressed with the beautiful garden and flowers leading up to the hotel door. We were greeted by warm staff and shown to a gorgeous room very nicely decorated and it felt very luxurious. Our meals were top class and drinks in the bar relaxed. The staff were excellent with our 4 year old daughter and she loved her stay, especially the pool. This is a super hotel to go to for a relaxing break and is also very accommodating for children. Looking forward to going back some day soon.

1 Thank ULyons
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to create a family friendly environment and provide you with top class food and service during your stay with us.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I recently had the pleasure of having my Wedding Reception at the Keadeen Hotel. Both myself and husband agree that the Keadeen was the best decision we made with regards to the wedding planning. Our day was just perfect and we could not of asked for better from all involved. The meal was amazing and the service was excellent also- one staff member nicer than the other. We could not of asked for better for our wedding. We would not change a thing about the day. The gardens at the hotel are fantastic and are lovely for photographs. The ballroom was laid out in such a gorgeous way and the bridal suite is also fantastic. We were made feel so special by Mrs O' Loughlin and all the lovely staff on the day. A special thank you to all involved in helping us celebrate on the day and in deed for all the background work before the day. I would have no reservations in recommending the Keadeen Hotel to any couple planning on getting hitched!

2 Thank Clare K
Hi Clare

Its great to hear from you both! Hope you are all relaxed after your honeymoon! Thank you so much for taking the time to voice your wedding day experience with us and it gives us great pleasure to see all our hard work in making your wedding day special paid off :)
Looking forward to hearing from you over the coming months and years and we wish you all the love and happiness for your married life together

Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!