“One of the best I've ever stayed in.”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. The driveway was beautiful and the exterior was so welcoming with lots and lots of flowers! The entrance was nice if not a bit old fashioned. The receptionist was lovely and helpful.The room was spectacular there were two separate rooms one with a double bed and a good size tv the second one was a lovely cozy living room with a lovely fire! The food was very tasty but a bit expensive. After I ate I went out to the garden which was very pretty. I'd definitely come back here again though I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alexis C
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Alexis C

Great to hear from you and thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you noticed our driveway as it has recently been redesigned and we feel it adds greatly to the hotel. As for our gardens and abundance of flowers I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to our hard working resident gardener Gerry! Just one little thing, I am curious as to why you would not recommend our hotel for families? The hotel is very popular for family breaks and our 18m swimming pool is a big hit with the kiddies! We are also close to a variety of local family attractions ie Japanese gardens etc. If you would like to share your thoughts please contact me on sales@keadeenhotel.ie/045 431666. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

very pleasant hotel with a cosy feel. comfortable and reasonably priced. the evening meal in the bar was a bit overpriced but food was good. the breakfast was really good, lots of choice and very fresh and tasty. Would go back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scatty2
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Scatty2

Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay, it is very much appreciated and I am delighted to hear you will be back to visit us!

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Keadeen again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very well appointed and gracious hotel. Fitness suite and pool good. Rooms and common areas very elegant and well appointed. Dinner was served only in the bar, and was somewhat overpriced and underwhelming. Breakfast was excellent. good food and plenty of choice at the restaurant buffet. A good quality hotel, best in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonnieraven
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Jonnieraven

A very Happy New Year to you! Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to voice your comments to us. We pride ourselves on our traditional 'old school' values and we believe this counts for making the Keadeen Hotel the 'quality hotel' you we strive to be. In terms of dining, our Derby Restaurant is open at weekends and offers a more formal dining experience however during the weekday our Club Bar Bistro does a roaring trade for both lunch and dinner with our fusion menu. I am dissapointed to hear you were not overally enthusiastic about our menu offerings as to date the feedback has always been super, however just to let you know our Head Chef has introduced a new bistro menu for 2014 which was launched yesterday. I sincerely hope you will take the time to come back to visit and try it out.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Was a lovely night, food lovely, service very good and very relaxing cosy hotel, restaurants looked very busy....Hotel a great Christmas feel ,romantic warm open fires, music and great atmosphere...location very good too

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Catherine C
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hi Catherine C

Thank you kindly for your wonderful feedback! We LOVE Christmas here at the Keadeen Hotel and we do our very best to make a magical time for all of our guests! I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience it with us and we look forward to many more visits from you in 2014.
Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Great service, friendly staff. Only dislike was you needed a different wifi password for every device. I didn't really mind as I don't use many devices while traveling, but if that's important to you...loved the fitness center and spa. It was great to relax by the pool indoors on a chilly day. Superb food in the restaurant outside the bar and hearty breakfast! Overall, very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi VeronicaLeigh83

Thank you for your kind feedback, it is very much appreciated! You described our Hotel as a 'Quiet Country Retreat' and thats certainly what we strive to create for our guests!
In terms of the wifi at the moment it is an individual password for each device however we have recently upgraded our entire wifi system and as part of this upgrade we will be changing the password system in short.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was good, especially as I understand it to be an independent. The only real negative I have was that the room was looking a little tired,but, it was clean and comfortable.
The free WiFi was good and they reception staff were helpful and friendly.
I ate dinner in the bar and also had breakfast, both were very good (although dinner was on the pricy side even for a hotel).
I would definitely use it again if I am in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at this Hotel from 17th-19th December. Despite the time of day, the Hotel looked pretty impressive from the outside with an abundance of parking available.
The check-in was pretty easy and I was allocated a room a couple of minutes away from the reception area.
The room was lovely and had all the usual amenities that a Hotel of this rating should have. There was also Sky Sports on the TV that made it beneficial for myself personally.
The food in the main bar was excellent and I just asked the staff what they recommended without looking at the menu. The choices they picked on both evenings was superb and I thoroughly recommend eating here.
I used the gym and this was also great for my particular needs with the usual facilities. There is a pool and spa facility here but I chose not to use these.
The breakfast was also excellent with many choices to cater for everyone's needs.

If I had one very minor negative feedback comment, it would be for the Hotel to look at the towels that are supplied in the bathroom. In my opinion the bath towels are too small and could do with more substance as they are also pretty thin. This is a minor criticism that did not detract from my stay at this Hotel.

I thoroughly recommend staying at this Hotel if you are in the Newbridge area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!