“Lovely grounds, great staff, prices creeping up a little...”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Dublin
“Lovely grounds, great staff, prices creeping up a little...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here in connecting rooms (2 kids and 2 adults) on a Saturday night in May for EUR270, while attending a wedding
This is a 4 star hotel, and was probably at maximum capacity as Holy communion season was in full swing.

What I liked:
Grounds looked lovely, very spacious. Heavy constant downpours of rain prevented us from using.
Large car park, very secure
Rooms were very spacious, and well fitted out
Meeting/conference rooms very nice.
Food was nice
Swimming pool very nice (kids really liked it)

What I liked less:
Thought room price was definitely very high for 1 night, and if I was not attending a wedding, I doubt I would have paid such a high price
Could do with improved signage to function rooms around the hotel, as a lot look very similar.
The bar prices were extremely high in my opinion. Example: EUR6.75 for a glass of wine. Not once did I have to queue for a drink, and I think that was because people thought they were too high, and adjusted consumption. Soft drinks were also expensive.
They have a very short window for breakfast on Sunday mornings, compared to most hotels. As mentioned they were very full, so most people arriving after 9.30am were asked to wait in reception (some distance away). Also people were asked to vacate their seats to free up space. The space allocated for breakfasts was too small compared to the number of guests in a short window available. It also had an awkward layout. Definitely room for improvement logistically, but the food itself was nice (no croissants though!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we really appreciate your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our facilities such as the swimming pool, our spacious bedrooms and our landscaped gardens (despite the rain!). I am disappointed you feel our prices are high, in terms of accommodation the rate quoted is for 2 nights as a family room etc and in terms of food & beverage we really strive to provide a very high standard of service and food while still providing value for money. I am however delighted you noticed there wasnt a queue at the bar! Guests queuing for a long time for drinks is a pet peeve of ours and therefore we always ensure to have quick and efficent bar staff to avoid this. In terms of breakfast, at weekends we serve from 8-10.30am which is standard for most hotels however as is human nature, everyone leaves breakfast until the last minute!! We are all guilty of it I suppose :). We will however discuss your feedback at our weekly management meeting and thank you once again for taking the time to leave us your comments.

Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently got married here. I can honestly say we had the most wonderful day. I must say dealing with the Keadeen was a breath of fresh air, Sharon & Tina and all the staff could not have done more for us. The food was delicious and the gardens were beautiful for the pictures. Its a family run hotel and the service is outstanding, especially the girls on reception and all the bar staff. My Mum visited the hotel a few days later for lunch and said she was treated with the same kindness and wonderful service she received the day of the wedding. We will definitely be returning to the Keadeen Hotel for many a family occasion in the future. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you! We are honoured and humbled by your comments and we will be certain to pass on to all of our management & staff here. We really strive to ensure each and every one of our weddings receive the unique Keadeen treatment and it gives us great pleasure to hear our hard work has paid off and you enjoyed your day with us. We very much look forward to hosting many more of your family occasions in the coming future.

Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Hotel is situated just of the Curragh Race course and at the top of the town. Lovely food and ambiance. Grounds are lovely for a summers day drink or two. Can be a bit expensive peak season but look out for the special offers

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We are very grateful to have such amazing facilities on our doorstep such as the Curragh Racecourse and Newbridge Town is only a walk away.
We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have you back with us again soon.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stopped at the Keadeen for work, as it's the closest to the Whitewater Centre, and had a lovely stay. The flowers inside and outside of the hotel were gorgeous; such a nice touch because I'm used to staying in bland chain hotels.

The breakfast was top quality and wide variety. Probably the best hotel breakfast I've had.

The bedroom was spacious and comfy, good WIFI and good choice of TV channels. Gorgeous old bathroom and nice big bath.

The only compliant I could make was due to the fact there was a race on the following day I struggled to get a seat for dinner, and with the amount of time sat waiting, it took 2 hours to get a main and dessert, but the staff were still nice enough despite being run off their feet. Main course was a bit average, but dessert was beautiful. I'm sure on a quieter evening it would have been exceptional. The groups seemed to be enjoying themselves, but it's not much fun waiting when you're on your own!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruth E
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Ruth E

Thank you for feedback! We are delighted to be your home away from home!
Unfortunately the week you stayed was Punchestown Races and the night in question everyone came back from the races to eat at the exact same time! We have reviewed this for next year and how we can better improve our service. We apologise for the delay in dining service.

tewkesbury
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a 5 night stay for punchestown races , our 9th year in a row which probably says it all , this hotel has everything , superb food , staff & facilities , it's in a great position for racing & local pubs ,we had a fantastic stay & many thanks to launa,Victoria , Elizabeth & Colette for looking after us .thanks again nigel & lads.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dinkytewkesbury
Hi Nigel & Co!

9 years in a row! What an achievement and we delighted you choose us each year, we really appreciate it!! It is pleasure to welcome your group each year and see the familar faces coming back to us year on year. Looking forward to next year.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I attended the keadeen hotel for a wedding in February 2014, I only stayed for one night and from that night alone I was mesmerised by the first class facilities and staff in the hotel, I Adored the old fashioned style of the frontal exterior, and all the colourful and attractive flowers, the reception felt very welcoming and the receptionist even more so, every room was beautiful, and I was very fond of the design especially of the living room with the fireplace. If I had one negative thing to say about this hotel is that it is slightly hard to find your way around if you are a first time customer, but I'm very glad to see this is countered by labelling separate areas of the hotel with the names of trees, which is another personal touch I love. I was very fond of the barmen serving the drinks, they were very pleasant and humorous, when I finally had to go to sleep, a member of staff was very kind in giving clear directions to my room, which is always appreciated, and the bed was extremely comfortable.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for all occasions, and I will most definitely be coming back again

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hartygale
Dear HartyGale

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind review, we really appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Henfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here recently whilst in Ireland and had a lovely stay at the hotel. The rooms are a lovely size with plenty of space and a very comfortable bed. Great shower in the bathroom.
The food is of a high standard and breakfast was a delight with a huge spread featuring lots of variety including a large selection of hot dishes as well as cold.
Staff were very attentive and whilst this is a large hotel felt very warm and inviting

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ian239
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ian239

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are humbled by your kind praise.
We sincerely hope this will be one visit of many to our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Clanard Court Hotel
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!