“Memorable Evening - the Jewell in Newbridge”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On Saturday 24th May 2014, my Husband, Mother and myself had a most memorable evening at Keadeen Hotel in Newbridge.

On arrival we were welcomed by a team of very friendly staff. After ordering drinks we were offered menus which I have to say we were very impressed with. The Menu was very extensive for a Club Bar and Bistro with lots of variety that would be appetising for all types of palates, more like an A La Carte Menu. Having difficulty choosing from menus, simply because there was so much variety I asked The Mitre De for her advice and what was the most popular dishes. I then narrowed my choices down and eventually ordered pan fried belly of pork stuffed with clonakilty black pudding, topped with a poached egg, and garnished with a toulouse sausage au jus. This was unbelievable, the aromas and flavours were exquisite. My husband chose sizzling stir fried chicken tenders with sweet chilli sauce, which he thoroughly enjoyed and said was very flavoursome and delicious and my mother ordered pan fried supreme of irish chicken, served with a velvet sauce of marinated wild mushrooms, button onions and chorizo garnished with soft herbs. This was a lovely combination, and very tasty.

We all had a very enjoyable evening and we would have to say the ambience and settings were stunning, very tranquil settings and the hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the service was excellent and the food was exquisite. Have to be honest and say only disappointment we had was that we didn't get to stay overnight in hotel and enjoy the hotels facilities due to hotel being fully booked with 2000 Guineas Racing Weekend, but will definitely stay in the forseeable future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your experiences with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all our staff members.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights for a family wedding. I had an excellent weekend one of the best iv ever had but that was not due to the hotel rather the craic with family and friends . My room was lovely and big it would be what I would expect for the price paid . The breakfast was very nice aswel . I found the staff terribly rude throughout my whole stay except for one lovely woman who was very helpful to the family and arranged food platters for us all the day after the wedding and she would of been one of the younger staff (she looked about 24) .The rest of the staff did not crack open a smile and had sour faces , it was as if they hated their jobs, also the bed of the bridal suite was not even made the next day after the wedding I found this very unprofessional . I would not be hesitant to stay here again .

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

We are honoured a member of your family had chosen our hotel as a venue for their big day! A wedding day is such a fantastic opportunity to draw friends and family together to strenghten bonds and enjoy such an precious occasion. I am very happy you enjoyed your bedroom and breakfast provided. I am however shocked and dissapointed you found our staff rude, it is not the standard we strive to achieve. I appreciate you providing us with your feedback and we will be sure to discuss your comments at our weekly management meeting. In terms of the Bridal Suite, our bride & groom had a 'Do Not Distrub' sign on the door for the duration of their stay. We did offer fresh towels etc however we do adhere to the do not disturb sign when displayed..........especially for Newly Weds!!! :)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is an average hotel that should be a great hotel. In such a big town as Newbridge this place should be glowing but it is not. We had meals here and although the food was nice, I would have expected more. Simple things like the turkey and ham, plenty of turkey and only a trace of ham - the stuffing was the main ingredient. Potatoes and veg served to your plate in abundance. The bar is unorganised and pricey, nearly every drink was charged at €5
The staff are nice and helpful, however the place needs a bit of a shake up. I think it aims to facilitate instead of please.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it! We really strive to provide a warm and friendly environment for our guests and I am happy to hear you found our staff to be 'nice and helpful'. In terms of your meal, I am dissappointed to read you were not satisfied with your Turkey & Ham, in particular the perceived lack of ham. You have noted we serve potatoes and vegetables in abundance and should you have asked on the day we would have gladly served you with more ham also! This is by far our most popular dish for lunches and functions etc and we find each person has their own preferences...... from extra stuffing to extra meat we are happy to oblige.

We take on board all of your comments and we will discuss at our weekly management meeting.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed one night on Irish Guineas weekend. Lovely room. I asked for a quiet room and I got one. Good supper in the bar - I don't know why the restaurant was not open because it was busy. Excellent bar staff and waiting staff on Friday night. Slept really well. When checking in I confirmed breakfast was served from 0730 because I had an appointment at 0830 about half an hour's drive away. I went downstairs at 0730. There were no staff visible and four people sitting at a table. Eventually a waitress appeared and started putting out milk jugs, making sure to avoid any eye contact. I went to the breakfast bar and although there was a table with six hot plates, there was actually no food. I was told by a waiter "it would come later". Eventually I went and asked the waitress who was standing at the door staring blankly ahead if I could have some tea. She did arrange but clearly she would rather just stand in the doorway. So breakfast was a slice of soda bread - very good soda bread - and one cup of tea when it eventually arrived. The breakfast food arrived at exactly 0751 and was put in the hot plates - by the look of it it had been cooked for some time. So, it was disappointing. It's a busy racing weekend and one would have expected as good a breakfast service as the supper service. It spoiled what could have been a great stay. Back to the K Club.

Room Tip: I had a courtyard room and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I am very happy you chose the Keadeen Hotel for your stay and I am delighted you found your room to be 'lovely' and quiet as requested. All of our bedrooms are located away from our function rooms for this purpose.

In terms of breakfast, at the weekend we would serve from 8am. We would regularly have guests who for many different reasons ie flights etc would require an earlier breakfast and prior to 8am a continental option is available. I sincerely apologise if this was not made clearer to you on check in. It is something we will look into in greater detail with our front office team.
Our breakfast chef starts at 7am on Saturday and Sunday so I can assure you the hot breakfast options were cooked fresh, hence this option was only made available to you from 7.50am.

It was indeed a very busy weekend in the hotel and in particular for the racing as you have mentioned. However this would have no bearing on the breakfast serving time as most weekend leisure guests can afford themselves a later start to the day.

Finally thanks to your feedback and suggestion regarding restaurant evening dining we will now be serving dinner in our Derby restaurant (in addition to the Club Bar & Bistro) on major race days.

Given your many positive experiences with us, we would really like to welcome you to the hotel again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here in connecting rooms (2 kids and 2 adults) on a Saturday night in May for EUR270, while attending a wedding
This is a 4 star hotel, and was probably at maximum capacity as Holy communion season was in full swing.

What I liked:
Grounds looked lovely, very spacious. Heavy constant downpours of rain prevented us from using.
Large car park, very secure
Rooms were very spacious, and well fitted out
Meeting/conference rooms very nice.
Food was nice
Swimming pool very nice (kids really liked it)

What I liked less:
Thought room price was definitely very high for 1 night, and if I was not attending a wedding, I doubt I would have paid such a high price
Could do with improved signage to function rooms around the hotel, as a lot look very similar.
The bar prices were extremely high in my opinion. Example: EUR6.75 for a glass of wine. Not once did I have to queue for a drink, and I think that was because people thought they were too high, and adjusted consumption. Soft drinks were also expensive.
They have a very short window for breakfast on Sunday mornings, compared to most hotels. As mentioned they were very full, so most people arriving after 9.30am were asked to wait in reception (some distance away). Also people were asked to vacate their seats to free up space. The space allocated for breakfasts was too small compared to the number of guests in a short window available. It also had an awkward layout. Definitely room for improvement logistically, but the food itself was nice (no croissants though!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we really appreciate your comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed our facilities such as the swimming pool, our spacious bedrooms and our landscaped gardens (despite the rain!). I am disappointed you feel our prices are high, in terms of accommodation the rate quoted is for 2 nights as a family room etc and in terms of food & beverage we really strive to provide a very high standard of service and food while still providing value for money. I am however delighted you noticed there wasnt a queue at the bar! Guests queuing for a long time for drinks is a pet peeve of ours and therefore we always ensure to have quick and efficent bar staff to avoid this. In terms of breakfast, at weekends we serve from 8-10.30am which is standard for most hotels however as is human nature, everyone leaves breakfast until the last minute!! We are all guilty of it I suppose :). We will however discuss your feedback at our weekly management meeting and thank you once again for taking the time to leave us your comments.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently got married here. I can honestly say we had the most wonderful day. I must say dealing with the Keadeen was a breath of fresh air, Sharon & Tina and all the staff could not have done more for us. The food was delicious and the gardens were beautiful for the pictures. Its a family run hotel and the service is outstanding, especially the girls on reception and all the bar staff. My Mum visited the hotel a few days later for lunch and said she was treated with the same kindness and wonderful service she received the day of the wedding. We will definitely be returning to the Keadeen Hotel for many a family occasion in the future. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you! We are honoured and humbled by your comments and we will be certain to pass on to all of our management & staff here. We really strive to ensure each and every one of our weddings receive the unique Keadeen treatment and it gives us great pleasure to hear our hard work has paid off and you enjoyed your day with us. We very much look forward to hosting many more of your family occasions in the coming future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Hotel is situated just of the Curragh Race course and at the top of the town. Lovely food and ambiance. Grounds are lovely for a summers day drink or two. Can be a bit expensive peak season but look out for the special offers

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! We are very grateful to have such amazing facilities on our doorstep such as the Curragh Racecourse and Newbridge Town is only a walk away.
We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to have you back with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!